PT "Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Oct 7, 2017.

Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. StartCenterEnd Jedi Master

star 2
    Yoda really likes Padme and admires her as a leader and thinks she is so very vital and necessary for the galaxy and the Republic. He probably admires her because of her courage yes but mostly her pacifism She is probably the strongest pacifist in the senate. If you think about it, if Padme defeated the military creation act as she wanted and succeeded in getting the trade federation and other corporate guilds broken up, the republic would have had no clone army, the war would not have started and Palpatine could not have become Emperor.

I never noticed this before but I think it's pretty cool that Yoda has this inkling that the galaxy needs Padme.
  2. Master Endz-One Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I believe Yoda feels she's good for the Republic, he also remembers her as a young lady and has good feelings seeing her alive. I do think Yoda likes seeing good hearted young individuals develop into strong good women and men. I believe he feels joy in teaching younglings as well.
  3. The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master

star 4
    Did he have to add in the "alive" though? Adds in the darkness of her impending assassination to an otherwise bright warm moment of safety.
  4. DARTHLINK Jedi Master

star 4
    Possibly he said that in relief? He’s relieved that she’s alive and OK for the most part.
    darth-sinister likes this.
  5. Martoto77 Jedi Master

star 4
    He's grown attached to her.
  6. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 5
    A wonderful little scene. Despite the trying circumstances in which the meeting takes place, I love how the scene serves as a snapshot of normalcy in that we see both Yoda's warmth and Padme being appreciative but focused on her job. This is in contrast to Yoda's relative coldness in meeting Anakin for the first time, as well as the awkward manner in which he tests Luke upon meeting him on Dagobah. Very cool to see a more "relaxed" Yoda even in a time of great stress and trouble. Part of why I love the PT so much is how seemingly small scenes like this add up to broaden the overall Star Wars canvas. Scenes like this are why AOTC more so than any other entry to me presents a legitimately lived-in filmic world.
  7. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10

That's downright logical.

No. It just means that he is expresses his feelings that she survived due to the planning of her security detail. The same way that he expressed his feelings towards the Wookiees when he left and when Obi-wan saw his friend Dex.
    theraphos likes this.
  8. Martoto77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't sound like he's prepared to let them go. In fact he declares he will miss them not long after telling Anakin not to miss ones you lose.
    Last edited by Martoto77, Oct 11, 2017
  9. Seagoat Music and PT Section Sentinel

Manager
    star 5
    Yoda x Tarfful x Chewie OT3

As for topic....

while I think it's certainly true Yoda sees Padme's importance politically, I think that lines just more like "Yo, I'm glad you're alive". Yoda's the type of person who values all life, and he's certainly the type to abhor murder
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    If he was attached, why did he leave and not stay? That's what Anakin would have done. Yoda is able to leave because he is not attached to them and he doesn't know what their fates are, because the Clonetroopers could very well kill them. He will miss them, but he is not attached to them. He is not worried about their fates. Anakin has already buried Padme before anything has happened and he's missing her while she is still there.
  11. Martoto77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin spends more time not in Padme's company than in it during this movie. So using your logic he was well prepared to let her go at any moment.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat