main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

seeking advice about selling a Star Wars collectable

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by danoutram, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoutram

danoutram Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Can anyone advise me on selling a Star Wars collectable?

I have a mint out-of-print book called 'Chronicles of Star Wars' that is signed by David Prowse. He wrote "David Prowse is Darth Vader" on the inside. I was given it by my mum's ex-boyfriend when he organised a Sci-Fi convention in Earl's Court in London a few years ago, and David Prowse attended and signed the book.

Apparently the book was £100 when new, so I rang up Forbidden Planet, a comic shop on Oxford Street in London, and they said that I should put it on ebay with a reserve of £250. Can anyone suggest any alternatives? Also, can anyone suggest how I might publicise the sale of the book? What would be the best way of advertising it on this website? Are there any other websites that I should put a notice on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email. I'm not experienced at selling things like this.

Looking forward to your advice,

Dan

PS I also have a few Star Wars toys from when I was a kid. (Eg a Boba Fett figure about 9 inches tall). Any ideas how I might sell these?

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, you can't sell anything on this site. But for information head to the Collecting Forum. Try the question and answer sticky first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.