main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Seeking Jedi's

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by matthewsmom, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewsmom

matthewsmom Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2005
    Hi! My name is Barb Blasch and I?m on a mission searching for Jedi?s. My son Matthew, a 10 year old webelos cub scout, will receive his arrow of light and cross over into Boy Scouts on Friday, November 11 in the evening in Milford. It is a special ceremony for the boys (approx. 6 of them), and we want it to have a Star Wars Theme.

My idea is to have a few Jedi?s at the ceremony, in costume, to interact with our cubmaster/leader in front of all the boys and their parents about the rigors of training involved on becoming a Jedi and compared to the requirements of scouting our boys have made over the past 4 + years. I am preparing a sort of skit to have something to go by and which would include the topics/ important aspects we?d want covered regards to scouting, but the Jedi?s would just act/perform, improvise, whatever, cause it would not have to be followed verbatim.

Of course we?ll have the fantastic Star Wars Music announcing the arrival of our special guests, from the Jedi Council, who?ve come to help Pack 120 cross over their scouts into boy scouts. I have lots of cool ideas and would welcome suggestions. After the ceremony, we?d have a little reception where I?m sure many boys would want to get a picture taken with a Jedi. By being a Jedi at our ceremony, you could also spread the word about the Fan Club, etc., and make this event unforgettable for our boys.

Please call me at 513-248-4461 or email me at bluegrassbarb@hotmail.com if you can help with my mission.

2. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
  3. matthewsmom

matthewsmom Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2005
    Exalted_1, your costume is awesome! Very impressive! I've got to think this one out and see if we could somehow use you in our ceremony, because you look like you just stepped out of the movie in that picture. We might be able to arrange transportation. Where do you live? The ceremony is in Milford, about 5 miles right off the Milford Rt 28 exit of I275.

I'm hoping to get at least two willing souls to portray characters for us, but 3 would also be nice.

Thanks for replying.
    Barb

4. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm on the west side of town over near western hills.

Milford is about a 45 minute drive one-way.

If you find a Light-side jedi I have experience doing saber combat. me and a friend of mine put on one heck of a show for the opening of episode III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.