Seeking Remedy for PCD-Post Con Depression

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by UluUlix, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    As anyone else experienced that feeling like there needs to be another CON? PCD-it leaves the sufferer with the feeling of needing to hang out with people in and out of costumes, go to parties til all hours, design new costumes and props, eat lousy Con food, and a need for the thrill of meeting people who like all of your interests. You come back from a CON to the regular mundane job and experience that feeling of anxiety and depression, and you wonder ---how do I explain this to anyone who hasnt been there?

Seeking remedy.
  2. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    "eat lousy Con food"

[color=660099]LOUSY? Hey, what other ConSuite provided Chocolate Fondue, Cotton Candy and six different flavors of ice cream?[/color]
  3. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    I Know! the Blue Room ! :)

Your Cotton Candy looks great, my I insert my &#^$(* into you?
  4. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if it's a remedy or more of the Hair Of The Dog That Bit You, but try this:

1. Go to www.chicagoforce.org

2. Click on "Events"

3. Under '2004 Events', click on "Capricon Con Suite"

4. Enjoy

Although I am pretty sure there is no cure for this. Beware of Chris, though, THE EYES PIERCE THE SOUL.

Thanks again for all your help, guys. When Club Carbonite starts hiring beefcake, you're the first on the list. Your footwear is so fashionable, I would consider it an honor to insert anything into you. :)
  5. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    The only cure I can think of is planning on going to another con. How about FilmCon?
  6. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]*views picture in Hazmatts post and pulls her southern accent out of her bag-o-tricks*

I feel so violated ;)

*back to normal voice*

How to Take Blackmail Pictures 101 will be taught by Hazmatt this semester.

As for Con withdraw, lets see, what do I do?
    *Go to another Con is a good one *applaudes AmberEyes* Good answer, good answer!
    *Start making new costumes/fix old costumes for next Con
    *Find a job that takes away all your free time
    *Find a hobbie that takes up all the slivers of free time job may have left you
    *Find a NEW job to fund your Con whims during the shreds of free time left WHILE working job that takes all of free time and hobbie that takes even more
    *become insainly involved with fan force group (I F***in Love us!)
    *infultrate another fan force board
    *and if all else fails work a ren faire :D[/color]
  7. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Con Suite food at Capri-con was not meant as lousy food-just in general most Cons you are stuck with over-priced food from the Hotel restaurant or sucky fast food from McD's.
  8. DoctorD52 Jedi Knight

star 1
  9. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    So who is going to FILM CON?
  10. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Another CON has come and gone. Back to reality and once again PCD strikes. So for all out there, need to find remedy for PCD.
  11. Sith_Steve Jedi Knight

star 2
    PCD didn't hit me till this afternoon, I want to be chained up again :(
  12. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]This from the boy who complained of the shackles hurting his wrist. I guess this was one instance when having thick wrists and small hands helps...now I sound like Billy the Kid (Young Guns II refrence).[/color]
  13. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    I didn't mind it till you started to pull me around ;)
  14. Julian_St_Jox Jedi Padawan

You liked it...you know you did....
  15. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    Really she can do anything to me and I wont mind ;)

I can picture her right now ::Gina::Rolling her eyes::
  16. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Honeypie-sugarlamb...Not even in your wildest fantasies.[/color]
  17. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Steering this thread back to it's original topic, PCD, I thought it hit me today when I realized it was just a blasted cold (again). Actually PCD sufferers have to learn that everything revolves around cons, that mundane work exists only to supply one with money for cons, costumes, props. One needs to remember the (slightly altered) wisdom of Qui Gon, that cons are like big fish, there is always another one. The time after one con is just time to prepare for the next one.
    Pity the poor mundane, non-con going people. All they have is the plain vanilla life.
  18. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank the Maker for Dragon Con!!!! The Holy Grail of Cons.

Members of the QCJO-
    Scoundrels, "CON" artists, you'd like us...
  19. UluUlix Jedi Knight

star 2
    Honeypie-sugarlamb???? Sounds like Haggis. Yuck! Ohhh, scary thought- a Highlander Con Suite.
  20. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
    You didn't see us in the south passage, she expressed her true feelings about me. She also said that some of her co-works wanted a little be of the Steve-O
  21. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]My true feelings? Oh yes, you mean when I tried to slit your throat. Yes, my manager and the accountant both said he was cute (its the make-up ;))

I do not think I will have a chance to be depressed about no cons, I have to get ready for ren faire and I have about 5 costumes to make for DragonCon...its all sewing from here on out.[/color]
  22. Peter_North Jedi Padawan

Wait so an accountant and a manager wanted some of Steve. That equals two women. In addition to this he was chained to a third girl for the weekend. So despite this he somehow managed to not get any all weekend. I now formally call into question the $exuality of Steve-o. Oh and also the accountant and manager should get their eyes checked. Finally I'd state for the record that if you do in fact try to kill steve i will be forced to avenge his death. That is all.
  23. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Two he never met and one does not involve herself in any form of relationship or intimacy.

*takes a deep breath to avoid buring Steve after he tells her on IM that she needs to avenge him and then calls her 'Woman'*

And you can try to avenge his death...but you'll fail.[/color]
  24. TT_Boy Force Ghost

star 1
  25. Peter_North Jedi Padawan

I think not they dont call me the Butcher for nothing babe. Also excuses are like @$$holes steve everyone has one and they all stink. And those are bold words for a woman who is at the beckon call of a Pirate!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.