main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seiously, what was so BAD about Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jewlmc, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    GL shouldn't make love story, it really ruins AOTC for me

how awful... but sorry...

If there was NO love story, Anakin and Padme would have never fallen in love and then there wouldn't be no twins. it'll just ruin part of the story line and the OT. either that... Aotc wouldn't be all that good without the love story. And also, we wouldn't know what made Anakin turn to the dark side- so it is possible that Padme had some affect on his turning to the dark side, (of course she DID have something to do with his fall). Seriously... I found the love story believable. It was cute. In making this message short and sweet: George Lucas Had To have a love story in AOTC! *flees* :cool:

2. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I kinda agree with Anakin_Skywalker20

GL really needed to make a love theme in the movie, or else everyone will be confused. How did Leia and Luke be born if their parents didn't fall in love or had contact with another?

Though, honestly, GL is not Shakesphere. I hated the romance, I thought it was stupid and pointless, some people loved it, some people were bored with it.

Not all the scenes were bad I suppose, I suppose I would have been more upset if they didn't have a love theme. :mad:

*shrug* Still, AOTC was the best movie ever :D :D

Why everyone thought Natalie was better in AOTC than in TPM, this is what I think.

1. She plays a bigger role
    2. She wears 'revealing' clothing, any girl in the SW who wear clothes like that will be the guy's favorite. [Hint: Leia. . .]
    3. Proves that she will be Leia and Luke's mother.

Other than that, I still don't like her. :p

3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    but hey... atleast the love story wasn't that long. :D But still AOTC rocked! :)

Why everyone thought Natalie was better in AOTC than in TPM, this is what I think.

1. She plays a bigger role
    2. She wears 'revealing' clothing, any girl in the SW who wear clothes like that will be the guy's favorite. [Hint: Leia. . .]
    3. Proves that she will be Leia and Luke's mother.

Not exactly.. not b/c of those reasons.. like c'mon. There are a lot of reasons why Natalie was better in AOTC. With revealing clothing, i have to agree, but thats not just why natalie was better in aotc. She has more feelings to overcome- even when it comes to love... k.. im no good at this..but.. anywho.. *falls asleep*

4. bassethound

bassethound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    Other than that, I still don't like her.

O Gawd.... you forgot to add " **flees** " I swear if I see one more like that, I will identify it with 'fleas'...

**flees**

PS: He said in one interview that he has never make full blown love story. I think he should have hinting on it, instead of making corny dialogue :)

5. Leia_Solo

Leia_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2002

I thought the romance was pretty good nonetheless! And it was great to see how Padmé was when it came to love, maybe it wasn't the *best* but it is on my top five romance movies :) Plus, it had action. :D

6. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Leia_Solo, I agree. ;)

lol bassethound.

Peace! :cool:

7. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    bassethound Hehehehe! I agree!

Leia_Solo I have got to know... what are your top 5 romance movies?

8. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
  9. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    What Anakin_Skywalker20? I'm putting all the Ms. Portman stuff aside and I am truly curious about what are Leia_Solo favorite romance movies.

I'm a hopeless romantic... I can't help but ask. :)

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Its not you... I don't think. I... nevermind.

11. The_Shadow_SITH

The_Shadow_SITH Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    I had no problem with her.

12. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
  13. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    uh..heh... see my icon? ;) heh... [face_plain] ...

14. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    I know what most of you like about Padme:

[image=http://charlesmartel.reallyrules.com/pics/chaos.jpg]

[face_plain]

15. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    well...maybe...but thats not all. :D :p uh..

16. RangerPrincess

Jun 23, 2002

*shakes head sadly*
    I shouldn't say anything, or else the mods will ban me for saying *cough* words.

[face_plain]

*goes away*

17. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    For the record I don't like Padme nor Natalie Portman at all [face_plain]

18. Leia_Solo

Leia_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2002

Obis-Grl, curious eh? :)

Well, most of them are pretty up to date.

1. A Walk To Remember *bawls*
    2. Moulin Rouge *throws a fit*
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Pearl Harbor
    5. Sight

I mostly like 'Forbidden' Love type movies, because, it's so..I dunno, more drama I suppose than the chickflicks all the way type of thing.

Wondering what number 5 is about? About ten years old, very good. [face_love]

*sigh* It seems as if though some people aren't happy with Natalie's acting in AOTC, look at her expressions, her body language, I don't understand you people at all. [face_plain]

19. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Leia_Solo:

Yeah I know what you mean. I also love the 'Forbidden Love' type movies. I liked your picks, I definatly cried during A Walk To Remember and Moulin Rouge too. I'll have to check out your pick Sight it seems interesting. And hey... I will never pass up a good romance movie!

If your curious... oh what the hell I'll post my top 5 romance movies...

1. Casablanca
    2. Waterloo Bridge
    3. West Side Story
    4. Moulin Rouge
    5. Anna Karenina

(As you can tell I watch a lot of old movies... and they all make me cry...)

Yes I know... no SW movies in the top 5, but ESB makes my top 10!

:D

20. RangerPrincess

Jun 23, 2002

Chickflicks?

*GAGS*

*faints*

;)

21. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    Hehehe....

22. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    gah... I don't care if you hate Padme/Natalie ...but..just..quit.. saying the same things over and over. Im not mad at you... or any of you. I understand why...you don't like her... but... still!!! Padme is there- in the PT for a few reasons or more...:

1. she is luke and leia's mother

2. to let people know what role she had with Anakin

3. She may/had something to do with Anakin's fall to the dark side ( like how?)

okay...
    Without Padme... whats the use of the PT anyway?? Anyways... uh...if you have any other reasons... be free to post them if you wish. :) As for Natalie... without her... well i'd rather see a pretty Padme than an ugly Padme. And Natalie is pretty and she's great! :) g2g. Peace! :cool:

23. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    I don't understand why everyone says bad things about Padmé. Natalie Portman did a fine job! She's a babe, and she's gorgeous in that outfit. I see nothing wrong with her in AOTC. She is one of the main central characters though. I understand why Anakin is crazy about her!

Jar Jar Binks is a different story altogether. In AOTC, he's okay, but in TPM I think the movie focuses on him too much during the final battle.

24. bassethound

bassethound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    Funny, I like Jar jar better than Padme.

Hey, at least Jar Jar has a character :D

25. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    "I don't understand why everyone says bad things about Padmé. Natalie Portman did a fine job!"

Natalie is a Star Wars actress. The SW actors are always torn apart. Both Hayden and Ewan were butchered as well. How can you critcise Hayden for his performance? And in the old trilogy some critics said Harrison Ford was awful and would never make it in Hollywood. And they tore Hamill and Fisher apart as well claiming hom stupid and unreal Yoda and C-3PO were - Critics will always hate Star Wars and the fans who have similar opinion are most weak minded (of course some don't like certain actors and that is their right). - end of discussion.
    One thing is for sure - in twenty years time Ewan, Hayden and Natalie will be remembered in the same category as Ford and company. They will live forever because of these fantastic films. If Portman would not have played in SW she would have an Academy Award (at least a nomination) by now.

"Jar Jar Binks is a different story altogether. In AOTC, he's okay, but in TPM I think the movie focuses on him too much during the final battle".

I actually like him better in TPM because he was more real. He felt he was artificial in AOTC. It is as if he is 100% computer generated this time while in TPM the movementws were those of Ahmed Best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.