main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seiously, what was so BAD about Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jewlmc, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLeiaOrgana

JediLeiaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Natalie Portman did a fine job! She's a babe, and she's gorgeous in that outfit.

See, this is the problem I have with her. A lot of people seem to think that saying that she's beautiful or hot or a "babe" will excuse her poor acting.

Nothing against you yes, I'm just using this as an example.

Lol...exactly bassethound! :p

Very good point QuiGonHrafn. No matter who is in Star Wars, the critics (and the fans ;) ) will tear them apart. With that being said, I'm not going to bash on Portman anymore, cuz I honestly want to like her and the character of Padme.

~*~Jedi Leia~*~

2. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    There's nothing wrong with Natalie...so leave her alone. We accepted the OT for what it was... don't forget it had its flaws too...so why can't we do the same for the PT? I've already accepted for both trilogies for what they are- well... i know that ep3 hasn't been filmed yet...but still! :cool: I think its about time we've ended this thread about Padme/Natalie. Ep3 will be here... AOTC has already been released...i think its time to end the criticism of the ACTING in all of the Star Wars Films!! C'mon. PPl complained about Hamill/Ford/fisher's acting... and we've accepted their acting in the OT. I don't know what else to say... Im just telling it like it is... Im saying.. Move On.

Before I forget.... Who's looking forward to AOTC on DVD?? :D :cool: heh heh

3. bassethound

bassethound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2002
    I look forward for the AOTC in DVD.

BTW, as someone said, we are all entitled for our opinion, and if I remember correctly this was in page 3 before ..ehmm AnakinSkywalker20 ( yes, you :D put this thread on the first page again.

I don't think you should take it personally, I am sure Natalie, just like other Hollywood actresses are quite use with criticisms. Regardless of what I said before, she seems to be willing to learn from her past mistakes.

Jedi Leia: Thanks ;)

4. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    You know I was just watching ANH the other day and I couldn't help comparing Leia with Padme'. They both are very orderly and I dare say the word stuck-up, but in a good way. Then I realized that Lucas must of done this on purpose, so that they appear much alike. This has probably already been mentioned before but Carrie Fisher was 21 when she did ANH. And Portman is also 21. :)

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    im not taking this too seriously... its just... I mean...what Vader would say.

Vader: I have had quite enough!! :p hehehe

lol... just joking around. :p I don't care... but i just think we should move on... Look forward to ep3... thats all. :)

this will be my last post for this thread... So long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.