main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sell Me ON: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by BigMackDaddy, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMackDaddy

BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    This is a new concept. Suppose I'm a Star Wars basher, one of those hardcore anti-Lucas radicals. I'm spouting out everything but brown water. Now some of you would say "if you don't understand it or like it, you never will," but I don't think that is true.

Now try to sell AoTC by posting complete and intelligent thoughts that would dumbfound even the most illogical or stubborn basher. It can be done.

[b]We don't need threads soliciting for other members to spend their time trying to convince other users to like the movie. You like it or you don't. Move on.[/b]

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I can see your point/idea, but isn't this just asking for a basher vs. gusher war? :confused:

I dunno, we'll see how it turns out. :)

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    It has state-of-the-art CG effects!

4. Lando_System

Lando_System Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Here's fifty bucks... you like it now?

5. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    If you can send your payments through PayPal to me, I'd be willing to declare AOTC the greatest film of all time! I'm easily bought!

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's a good movie.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    great action, great effects, decent acting (in some opinions), subtle plot points that will ake you think and devise infinite possibilities for the next movie

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    How about "Aw, go on. Please. I'll be your best friend. Look, if you don't like it then we'll watch a film you like afterwards, okay?"

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'll play.

It is the most visually stunning motion picture of all time, with every frame a work of art.

It skillfully weaves high-flying, no-holds-barred escapist sci-fi with passionate drama and powerful action.

It boasts two truly great performances from Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor, plus Christopher Lee turning in his usual brilliance.

It is an utter triumph of imagination and love for films past and present.

Most importantly, Natalie Portman shows off a fine set of abs.

How can you go wrong?

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    >It is the most visually stunning motion picture of all time, with every frame a work of art.

?! I could've sworn I saw a couple non-work of art frames in there, I might have to watch it again some time...

I'll say: it had Yoda fighting and a massacre and Saruman and Samuel L. Jackson yelling stuff and then there was this one totally awesome part where Obi-Wan was fighting this dude with armor and he's about to fall of this ledge and he's all like "aaagh! I'm gonna die" but then he totally doesn't and it ruled.

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Make your own decision. Don't think a certain way just because other people want you to. I hate it when other people try to force their beliefs on me, so I try not to force my beliefs on other people.

12. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    "Most importantly, Natalie Portman shows off a fine set of abs."

I'll buy that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.