main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Sell-Outs" (J/J/Shawnkyr, Post-RS) Author's note 8/17! (Kind of important)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Tenel_Ka_, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    *plays Imperial march*

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a minimal amount of enthusiasm that I move this story into the proper board...

It's been a while, but here's the next post! :D

?Send out search teams into the forest,? Thracken Sal-Solo directed from his leather seat in front of a ship?s main console. He was on his way to Gobi, seeking to strike some fear into his employees and accomplish what they had failed to do.

Thracken Sal-Solo did not tolerate failure.
    Dev Thomree, seating pretty in the pilot?s chair, smiled snidely at his boss?s orders. ?Already done, Chief.?

Thracken swiveled the co-pilot?s seat, and looked at his second in command, raising an eyebrow speculatively. His face hardened slightly, in a coldly amused way.

?In the future, Mr. Thomree, see that you do not make decisions without my direction. Otherwise, this is an excellent development,? Thracken said slowly.

If Dev was intimidated by Thracken?s threats, he gave no indication and abruptly turned back to the console as a loud beeping noise warned them that they were coming out of hyperspace.

?Which base do you want me to put us down at, Chief?? Dev asked as he took the ship?s control stick.

Thracken considered for a moment. He wanted to catch his annoying little niece, of course, but it was unlikely that she would stay still long enough for him to sneak up on her. It would be wiser to simply let Jaina come to him.

?Land the craft at our secondary base,? Thracken directed, ?The one the Chiss woman is being held at. I will inform our mercenaries in the cargo hold that our journey is at an end.?

Jaina was just about sick of wandering through sticky, bug-infested, sweltering rainforests.

Actually, that was an understatement.
    If she had to put up with anymore of the bloody vegetation, she would personally come back later and burn it all to the ground.

This thought comforted her as she swung her lightsaber for what seemed like the trillionth time that day into a branch of leafy green foliage that was blocking her path. She had taken off her flight jacket a long time ago, tying it around her waist, leaving her upper half clad in a tight black tank-top.

Jag, on the other hand, had scorned both his flight jacket and his shirt, and trudged dutifully behind Jaina, directing her. When she had asked how he knew where they were going, he had explained that his chrono was outfitted with a compass and he had taken a multitude of survival courses at the Chiss training academy. The map was all the help he needed.

As the heat seemed to grow heavier and more suffocating, Jaina grew more and more tempted just to hand her lightsaber over to Jag, so that he could try his hand at path-breaker and she could be navigator. Just as she was about to give in, she cut aside a branch to reveal a wide, gently-flowing stream, looking so cool and refreshing that she almost dived in right there, lightsaber, flightsuit and all.

?Thank the Force,? she breathed, dropping to her knees in exhaustion.

?Jaina?? Jag asked with a concerned voice, kneeling next to her, ?Are you okay? Do you think you?re dehydrated? Do you need a rest??

She grinned at his worry and shook her head, ?I don?t need a rest, Jag, I just need a swim.?

She eyed the water thoughtfully, and then glanced back up at him, then asked, ?Can you stand watch for a few minutes while I cool off??

Jag raised an eyebrow, and said in an amused tone, ?I suppose. You want me to stand back in the trees??

Jaina narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously. ?Way back in the trees. No peeking.?

Jag laughed. ?On my honor as a Corellian.?

Jaina rolled her eyes, ?That?s not very reassuring.?

But as soon as Jag was out of sight, she started taking off her boots.

The air itself is oppressive, Jaina thought to herself. It seemed to clog her lungs, like it was too humid and burdensome to exhale, and the smell of plants, decaying and rotting made her feel sick. In fact, she could swear that the nauseous, uneasy feeling had grown worse i

2. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
  3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome postie! uh, oh...what's gonna happen to Jag?

4. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Eep eep eep eep eep!!!

I like it, TK, except... that /Shawnkyr in the title... that can't mean good things, can it?? :p Great postie, though! It seems like you wrote the jungle scene while visiting Houston, where I live... :p

5. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Great post.

~Lelila~

6. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Gasp #1: You updated!!! :D

Gasp #2: The post!!!! What's going to happen?? (Oh yeah, that's the point of a cliffie, to keep us hanging... :p )

Awesome post!!

7. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey this looks like it will be an interesting story. :)

8. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    ...Is this story usually this active, or did I just catch it on an off week? :confused:

Up!

9. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Damn Shawnkyr's good!!!

nina

10. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    *can't wait for more* :D

11. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I like this story! I just think were overdue for a post!

Upsides anyways

~*Rose*~

12. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, we want a postie! *grovels*

13. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Forgive me! I didn't know and I havn't been checking the Beyond the Saga boards and you KNOW I've never given up on this story _Tenel_Ka! You can count on me from now on!! :D

14. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    *sigh* Up! :)

15. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
  16. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    postie soon? Sure loved the last one :)

17. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    *pines away* :(

18. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    me too :(

19. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    *weak* U-up...

20. Shinar

May 30, 2002
  21. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    *kneels* A post, my liege? It is all I ask of thee...

22. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    All right, all right, just please post soon!

23. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    YEAH POSTIE SOON PLEASE!

*Reaches for Lightsabers*

(hey i said please i didnt say i was asking nicely)

24. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    LOL Uh oh, you'd better post soon...

*grabs charric*

25. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    AAAAGH! I want a post!!! I've been waiting for... well, it must be an eternity!

UP!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.