main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Selling films?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    To some degree that is true about music. You can contact the company that has the rights to that particular music piece (RCA for example) and purchase the right to edit that piece of music into your film. That can sometimes be very expensive, depending on the music you want to use. Nothing is out of your reach really if you have the money. You can also purchase just film festival rights for a piece of music; you don't have to pay the full cow if you are only going to be showing it at festivals. If someone wants to buy your film after they see it at a film festival (or online) then you can go ahead and purchase the right to use the music for DVD and/or TV. You can also purchase the right to use the lyrics of a song, or a composition and have it performed by someone else. This is sometimes cheaper.

2. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    If you don't know what you're talking about, you're doing a lot of people an injustice by feeding them lies, so keep your mouse away from the "reply" button if you have the kindness in your heart to not spread the disease called "ignorance."
    That, having been said, some of you are providing TRUE information, and I appreciate that, even though I know most of it already, because I'm sure this is a topic on several people's minds. Thanks, for those who aren't full of sith. haha

And Mac Daddy G, you've gotta cool that clicking finger of yours, man, it's gonna get you into trouble, or shot, or something. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.