main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Semi-Annual Disneyland/Science Meets Imagination Meeting...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, here we are again. Time for Santa Cruz to hit their second official home.... the Land of the Pirates in the Galaxy of the Mouse. At the same time we will be heading over to the Science Meets Imagination exhibit to show off those new shirts and meet up with our members from all over.

Calls and PM's have been flying back and forth so we will be covering the following topics.

(1) Our Annual Elections (or I don't want to be...YOU can be... appointments will be held.)

However, it does appear that some changes in leadership will be happening. So, be sure to either attend or PM for info and how to vote or nominate someone and the office(s) that will be available). These needed to be pushed up from our normal Memorial Day Weekend, so we can actually *gasp* take care of real business.

(2) Multi-FanForce Group Hug and trip to the Boardwalk! Due to car wrecks, illnesses, home reconstructions, moves, and just plain bad timing..it just didn't work out last year. So, we will start putting in ideas for a weekend when we can join up with our brothern and eat Cotton Candy and Ride the Giant Dipper till we puke! [face_sick] [face_laugh] I think the last pinky dare was for 6 continuous rides?

Other Fan Forces..feel free to put forth dates...you are all part of this as well. Also, the afterwards group pig-out at Royal Taj!!!

(3) CIV - 'Nuff Said!!!

(4) PotC: Worlds End...Well, Mates...so you all came to rescue ole Capt Jack... (ah..gotta a love a chance to discuss pirates, purgatory, and performances!!)

(5) Unofficial Disneyland Day...I think we pretty much ALL have our rooms reserved...

(6) Then there is SW Day at LegoLand..again...dates,,, times?

(7) Comic Con - Yup... there too! Gods, we are a busy little group of slugs aren't we! LOL

(8) Trip to Vegas for SpamALot!!! This is a must!! Especially for THIS group!!!

Times, Date, and locations regarding the meeting... PM me for info!! Those of you that have my cell go ahead and call! For those of you can't make it physically...again, PM me and we can have you there by speakerphone!

See or hear from all of you there!!! And remember, we need your imput!!

Force Be With You....Saaavy? ;) :D

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I may have to jump in on the Spamalot trip!

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Absolutely!!!

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spamity Spam..

Hmmm Churros and Spam...

Yup it works!!!:D

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I wanna go see Spamalot!!! and I know my roommate would be up for that too!

5. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Geeezz Kenobi, it looks like the governing board (laughs when I see it typed) has a lot of work that weekend (OMG!). Hey, you aren't leaving enough room for the hang-ten fun with everyone else that might join in! (Raspberries)! Dude Relax?. Breathe?.. Mediate!!!

LOL!

Yeah, yeah, I will be there.

I am looking forward to seeing you all that can make it there.

Oh, yes, and count me in for Las Vagas! If not the play, the city alone is worth the trip.

Siri

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SPAMALOT TRIP?? You're taking me, right??

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

"Well, Master. I see we've picked up another pathetic lifeform.";)

Hey, Miana, your my kid...of course we will take you!!!!!!:D

8. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Err, I already have plans to go to Spamalot. *hides head in shame* But it's with my masquerade group that did our Spamalot spoof at Baycon and Worldcon last year.

Um, but all the rest, except likely Comic-Con, I am totally up for.

I'll be at the meeting, of course, as well...so happy to jump feet-first into the discussion then. And yes, I believe the last pinkie-dare for the Giant Dipper was for 6 rides. I wonder if we can eventually make it up to 10 in a row? And as for dates, aside from the CIV dates (of course) nearly anything AFTER April 20th for the Boardwalk works for me.

BWAH HA HA! Centrifugal force is your friend!

*Puts on official "taking care of business" SCFF hat and looks forward to the meeting*

- Kai, all official and stuff

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    While we're in Vegas for Spamalot, can we see The Producers as well? David Hasselhoff's playing Roger!!

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hasselhoff as "Roger Elizabeth DeBree(sp?)"....why can I not see that.... :confused:
    I saw it with the original Roger in LA and he was hilarious!!!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    When I saw it in NY last summer, Gary Beach was still playing Roger. Dear god, he's hilarious.

But Hasselhoff... I just have to see it to believe it. :p

12. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Runs in horror.........the Hoff in The Producers...no thanks!

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorta like passing by a really bad car wreck..you don't want to look, but ..

you ....just.....have....to!!!!![face_sick]

(But as for Gary Beach...GODS I love him!!! "Kick turn turn turn")=D=

14. Siri-Tachi

Apr 2, 2005
    So when could people go? Any have some ideas? Maybe we can coordinate this so we all can have some fun?

15. Siri-Tachi

Apr 2, 2005
    Okay, my bad, here is the meeting information.

We have a meeting scheduled for Santa Cruz Fan Force
    Sunday, April 1, 2005 (APRIL FOOLS DAY!!! I can hear the jokes now!) At 4:00 PM.

We will meet at The Star Wars Meets Imagination Exhibit at Los Angeles; on the Second Floor of the Exhibit Next to the Millennium Falcon Exhibit

For those that can make it, I will look forward to seeing you there.

For those that can not make it this time around, we will catch you at the meeting.

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    It's ok, Siri... You were distracted by the dazzling mental image of David Hasselhoff in drag!!! [face_laugh]

Now..back to our regularly scheduled insanity! ;)

17. Siri-Tachi

Apr 2, 2005
    Gee thanks, I was trying to ignore it!! Hummmm "Happy Place, Happy Place" Hummmm

18. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm with you, Siri. *rocks back and forth, humming*

- Kai

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LIKE THIS!!!!!!

[image=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Master--Kenobi/Stuff/david1.jpg]

(and if you click on the image...you can see it a whole...lot...BIGGER!!!!!) :D

20. Siri-Tachi

Apr 2, 2005
    I would like to have a churro for that one!

Anyone knows the best to way to wash my eyes out??? I am scared. I just thought you would want to know. [face_hypnotized]

21. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I did *not* need that picture before bed time [face_hypnotized]

[face_laugh]

22. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Are the results of the meeting/election posted anywhere? Inquiring minds want to know, and it's been almost a week, after all...
    Mary

23. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    My apologies, that's totally my bad. I have the responsibility for the meeting minutes and unfortunately arrived home from Los Angeles with a whopping bad cold and an equally bad case of rehearsals (we're closing in on hell week for a play I'm in). I am working on them currently and should have them up later today or tomorrow at the outside. I will be sure to be more prompt in the future, and I am very sorry for the delay.

- Kai

24. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    The meeting minutes have been posted in the following stickied thread:

Trolling For Information - News from the Bridge

This thread will remain at the top of the boards so that members can have easy access to items such as meeting minutes and other official announcements, etc.

Again, my apologies for how long it took me to post the minutes. I will be more prompt in the future.

- Kai

25. Siri-Tachi

Apr 2, 2005
    No worries Kai... There is no hurry. Great job by the way!!!

I knew we voted for the right person! Just remember, this is only voluntary of your time; and most of us are just grateful for your time and energy invested.

Kudos!!! Take a bow! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.