main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Semi Confirmed SW DVDs in 2004!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kenobi2, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000

11/6/03

Well, we've finally heard from our sources on that meeting that Lucasfilm held yesterday at the Presidio with their retail partners. Here's the skinny, and you guys are gonna love it... Star Wars: Episodes IV, V & VI are coming to DVD in September of 2004. The animated series of Clone Wars shorts appearing soon on the Cartoon Network will also be released on DVD, possibly before the end of this year. The teaser campaign for Episode III will begin in January of 2005, leading up to the May theatrical release. Finally... Episode III will hit DVD in November of 2005. This is going to be all over the Net soon, and you can already read more about it at Ain't it Cool News . Keep in mind that none of this is official until Lucasfilm publically announces it... but this is certainly, at long last, the real deal.

And on the Lord of the Rings front

Also today, in a discussion forum post on the topic of a Marvel licensing conference call at News-a-Rama.com (a View Askew site), Toy Biz's Alan Fine is reported to have let slip that New Line's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will be released on DVD in May in 2004. This would presumably be the 2-disc version, with the 4-disc extended edition likely following later in the Summer or Fall. Just FYI, Toy Biz is the maker of all those Rings action figures. Keep this in the MAJOR rumor category until we've got confirmation from our sources. Interesting nonetheless.

------------
    So there you go.

Anyone want the Original Trilogy (non-SE) on DVD?

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It would make sense. Release the OT DVDs as a means of promotion/hype for EpIII and strike while the iron's hot and hordes of people aren't griping because EpIII didn't match their expectations.

Wishlist for the special features:
    * Carrie, Harrison and Mark together for a commentary track

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Wish lists?

Deleted scenes, many documentaries, interveiws...the ussual but more. Esspecially since a lot of this stuff is hard to find. I have found the cut scenes in video ONCE!

4. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    I think that I speak for all when I say that we have ALL waited soooooo long for the OT to come to DVD and

IT HAD BETTER COME WITH SPECIAL FEATURES COMMING OUT THE WAZOO THE YINGYANG AND THE KAPUTNIC!!!!!!!!

5. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Isn't it normal to wait to see how the movie does in theaters before they announce a dvd release date?

Alot of movies to so horribly in theaters that the dvd release is pushed up to make up the profits and sometimes the movie does so well that the dvd release is pushed back ot try and get more profits from the theater release....

just a thought.

6. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    well...the OT already came out in theatres...and ROTK is a no brainer for a big hit...so they're all right on the money (no pun intended) as far as I can see...

7. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    This make so much GL sence here. So I say well come to George's grille

GL threw in a big fillet of starwars and roasted it gently.after eating that up he then served up some ESB, and let us dig in. He then served up next the ROJ, and we kept shoveling it in. He then turned down the lights and let us chew slowly. He let everyone take a VCR doggie bag home three times. He gave us some small courses such as the infamous christmas special, ewoks and droids. and let us eat slowly some more. then just when you thought the pot boiled dry and the kitchen closed he turned up the lights and served up the origonal three dishes with some tasty new S/F seasonings and the odd burnt and charred spot on it, like Greedo shooting first and the badly animated jaba scene. He then let us chew while fixing a new recipe up. The new main course of TPM was served up and got roasted by the critics, too rubbery was the roast of JAR-JAR some said. Now he let us take a doggy bag home in our favorite VCR or DVD container and then let his masterpiece simmer some more. He then paraded out the next course of AOTC and things were good, We even had it served to is in a larger plate and let us take home the usual doggie bags. Now he let us simmer a bit, not to mention here he kept up the pace for anyone interested in appetisers in the form of toys, games, books, and all kinds of nic-naks thru the whole meal process. Now we wait for the next course to be named movie and the usual doggie bags, in the meantime we hear there maybe a new set of doggie bags of our past 3 favourite meal courses served up with new seasonings and a new package ala DVD. So as we look forward to all this, I see in the horizon the desert cart warming up with a new all 6 layer DVD cake with lots of special icing and frosting. So grab your forks ladies and gentlemen this meal isnt over and the kitchen isnt closing yet, thank you chef GL.

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    It's not uncommon to have DVDs completed at or near the theatrical release of films.

Changes can be made to schedules, but a general release date would be needed to plan marketing campaigns and all that stuff. Indiana Jones was originally scheduled to come out on November 4, but they moved it up to October 21.

But anyway, it's great news that it's finally coming out!

And yes, Ken, OT on DVD would be nice :)

9. Bertramtalespinner

Bertramtalespinner Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2000
    And yes, Ken, OT on DVD would be nice

thirded. Just cause, I'm not that freaked out over the SE. As much good as harm was done.

10. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    *nod nod* OT on DVD would be sweet

11. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Interesting.

I really hope they don't rush it. Because GL is so busy with EpIII, im afraid the OT DVD's may not get the attention they deserve.

12. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Suddenly, I'm hungry.
    Hmmm....knowing how things go, there will be 2 versions of the OT on DVD, and they'll come out apart and the 2nd one will be better, but we'll all get them both anyway!

13. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Yeah you know what would be sweet? The OT on DVD with both the original sound and a 5.1 remix. Even better, all the supplementals from the various laserdiscs and tv specials on a seperate disc.

I would pay real money for that :) instead of the "extra special editions".

RT

14. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Well. Its good to see the Lucas war-machine is on the move.

Sweet.

:D

15. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    As far as the special features goes, I'd expect something along the lines of the Indy trilogy, not the LOTR: EE trilogy. The Digitalbits has already said to expect it, and it makes sense.

Give me great sound (for my 5wattx2 tv speakers) and great picture (for my wall..with no projector) and a few retrospective documentaries, and all will be well. And as mentioned earlier, OT non-SE would be nice.

16. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I just want to see some of the rare behind the scenes bits that have been rumoured and some of us have had the luxury or displeasure, depending on your point of veiw, of seeing. I mostly want to see the Deleted scenes, and there are a lot more then most people think. And a few NEW documentaries for behind the scenes revealing new information would be great. I can only watch the same old information so many times. When you can recite everything they say word for word its time to move on to a new documentary. Being able to quote something like that is nothing to be proud of. :p

17. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I seriously doubt we'll ever seen Han shooting first on DVD. I think he'll only do the SEs. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Along with all the other stuff mentioned, I'm hoping for some screen tests!

Edited to add: Speaking of SEs, Star Trek 6 will be in January, and Paramount's doing an "original cast" pack of the 1-6 SEs. Looks stupid with that gold ST:TMP and the rest silver, but whatever.

18. Darth_Sunder

Oct 23, 2001
    The Undiscovered country in store by the new year? Sweet!

:D

19. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Since I'm at work now, I looked it up. Exact street date for ST6 is 27 Jan. The usual stuff - commentaries, featurettes, and an overdue tribute to DeForest Kelley.

Sorry to hijack the Star Wars/LOTR thread. Please resume gushing over the rumored OT set.

20. Darth_Sunder

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh how sweet the Excelsior/Enterprise battle will sound in 5.1...

*content sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.