main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Senate Aflame OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Chewbacca89, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll have the base map of who controls what up in 20 minutes or so.

If anyone wants to, we can debate on non-declared sectors later. :)

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They can always be non-aligned, I suppose.

Incidentally, this shows a good map of Known and Unknown Space...

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Double posting...

Volshe, I represent Relus (the second planet in the Byss system), so you can probably hand the Deep Core to the Rebellion.

This is generally among the most up-to-date maps, but Kesh is near Kessel, nor Karideph.

[​IMG]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks, Sinre!

Does anyone have any issues, suggestions, or questions with the game thus far?

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Now that I think about it, this could be the same Danny/Abydos as Shadow Wars. I'll just have to do some creative backstory rearranging. Fun :p

Admiral Volshe and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And if anyone has a single continuity question, I'm your man.

Suggestions wise, I'd be tempted to suggest this as a baseline rule for numbers;

Each faction has as many task forces as it has players. Each task force, regardless of type, method, tech (apart from GM confirmed variations), is equal to the other. These task forces do not necessarily belong to each character, but do make up the sum total of the Factions strength, to represent it's player base. This does not include the baddies, who have as many task forces (fleets) as plot demands.

It'll stop us being bogged down in debates early on, and allows for each of us to deploy forces as and if necessary. It'll realistically reflect our commitments.

And if a player has multiple characters in one faction, that still means the faction only gets one task force for that player.

If they have multiple characters in multiple factions, each faction gains a task force.

Thoughts?

And with that in mind, I'm tempted to create a sheet for the neutral party and for the Empire :p

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    So Abydos would only have two TF's (if one counts Tim, if not, I have one, plus the Hapans). Yeah...I am glad Chewie signed off on the MAC's being so effective, because we'll need them :p

EDIT: Though for story purposes, we can increase the number of ships to take into account the reinforcements that the Rebs/Imps may end up getting. Just change them from Aybdonian ships, to ships they retrofitted from ship boneyards (old ISD, VSDs and such).

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If approved by you guys, that is.

If Tim is a member of the neutrals, sure, you get two. If not, one (until I join up :D)

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I approve.

Skyguy, that's why I gave the NP a super weapon...to even things out.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm not sure how the others will lean, but I was already planning on limiting Abydos ship-wise, since even using Shadow Wars Abydos puts it quite a bit behind the curve ship wise. Though for story purposes it would help to have enough to send ships to the other factions if they so choose (hence my last post).

The main problem I can see with this theory of yours, is some players are naturally going to have more ships. Hapes for instance...it wouldn't just be Hapes, it would be the whole Hapes Consortium. Same for Corellia, or Coruscant, since they are the big players.

It skews the smaller planets (Abydos, Obroa Skai) out of the big leagues, but it would be more realistic that way.

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I'm sorry if I'm not managing this well. Its my first RPG experience as GM.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    PM inbound. ;)

[​IMG]

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh you're doing great for your first RP Chewie. Even the most established RP's and GM's will end up with things needing discussed. It comes with the territory ;)

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, great game, Chewie! Really liking it!

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to make this game what you guys want it to be :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Does this count players who are only active in the RP, or those who are active in the SWC but not the RP?

This is going to take a while longer than anticipated, by the way.
    I'm never going to want to see another pixel again. :p

--

So if Relus is now allied with the Rebellion, they control the Deep Core (it's the only world allied so far).
    The Empire controls majority (if not all) of the core worlds.

The rest isn't so clear cut.

As I have it, I have to divide the Sith Worlds/Esstran System, by the way. We have one world on each side.

Chewbacca: You're doing great! :D

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Chewbacca; that you care enough to ask us is all that matters.

We can and will get this wrong, but let's do it together so we muck in and get on with the story!

Empress; it'd count players in the RPF, for now.

Hapes-wise, I was intending to create a Hapan to be honest. So that'll cover the Hapan contingent and you'd cover the Abydonian one :)

Admiral Volshe and Imperial 1138 like this.
  18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    So we'd have two Hapans? That works well enough :p

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed; which is why players with smaller ships contributions are reflected in that the overall total of the faction will be one fleet per planet, as the bigger planets will create bigger fleets.

Abydos and Hapes, for example; Hapes would create many more vessels than Abydos, but together they'd offer two fleets?

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    So sort of (to use a RL example) the British Grand Fleet (circa WW1) compared to the German High Seas Fleet?

(Hapes= Brits, Abydos= Germans)

21. Imperial 1138

Imperial 1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    What about when multiple characters come from the same planet but ally themselves separately?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Certainly... though the German ships were better built than the British ones. That and we took out the safety walls so we could load our guns quicker... so a good hit would get to the ammunition and blow up the ship... typical Brits, to be honest. Yes, I admitted that.

23. Imperial 1138

Jan 12, 2013
    And skewing would actually be fair, I think.
    Within reason.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If they ally themselves separately the overall faction gets a fleet for each one. That the planet itself hasn't picked a side doesn't mean fleets can't - remember, it's not a given that the fleet belongs to the player. It won't fit their characters or roles in every occasion.

25. Imperial 1138

Jan 12, 2013
    But if the planet is allied....
    What if one faction has lots of refugees from a planet of another faction, and not many big planets to balance that out?