main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Spy Episode - New Picture

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The_Trade_Monarch, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Trade_Monarch

The_Trade_Monarch Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2009
    Look at the first picture in the news section on top, which can be seen at http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/. It must be Senator Lott Dod, right? I never thought we would se him again.

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes it is, in the very same clothes he used ten years ago (and he should be a senator bathing in money. Propably very comfortable robe).

But how can he still be senator (I think he is, because episode is about Senate), when Trade Federation is in war with Republic? Wouldn't that be same as Soviet Union being in NATO?

3. The_Trade_Monarch

The_Trade_Monarch Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2009
    Yeah, you are right. I wonder what his role is in this episode... I agree it would be strange if he were still a senator in the Republic.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Concerning next week's preview shown at the end of last night's episode: There were quite a few shots of Lot Dodd, and I believe he was in the senate still.

In regards to the EU, he remained in the Senate even after the Trade Federation openly joined the Confederacy. It's been one of those quirky EU-glitches, so I'm really surprised they might address it in the show.

But let's just hope he's not called "Gilramos Libkath"...:p

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Without having seen the preview (why doesn't the OS post these the right after they air?!) does he have his normal TPM or his "post shuttle accident" AOTC voice? That whole Lot Dodd/ Gilramos Libkath mix-up still confuses me.

6. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I would literally scream if that happened. [face_laugh]

I'm surprised, and pleased, to see him back (I never though we would see him again!), weird that he's still in the Senate...maybe he has something to do with the 'conspiracy'.

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Word. I've never understood the need for the Libkaths or Stass Alies of the prequels. When clearly they're meant Lott Dodd and Adi Gallia.

8. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    ... Do I even dare ask why?

9. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Could you tell me something more about this preview, or do you have a link to it? what did it show? which characters? which information?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The short of it: Back when there was an AOTC forum (before the days of ROTS's 3SA forum, for those who can even remember that far back), the Neimoidian chap with the Terminator-esque voice hanging out with Gunray on Geonosis was named "Gilramos Libkath." This was all well and good and everyone was happy. But then it was changed somewhere (can't recall when) to "Lott Dod." This made no sense and many angry threads were made. There was an EU-esque article that tried to retcon the change, but even that didn't help much, since other EU sources kept referring to him as Gilramos. Gilramos later appeared in the old 2003 CW shows, but was later renamed Nute Gunray by the official site (although that's still argued today); he also appeared in some Boba Fett book (and died, thank god, so we don't have to deal with his mix-ups anymore).

Then someone somewhere, over the last few years, decided to rename the guy in AOTC "Rune Haako."8-}

Y'know, I'm having a terrible time finding this commercial online. No clue why... usually the previews shown at the end of the episodes come up right away. Pretty much it showed a few scenes we've seen before from other commercials, but there are some extra shots where the Jedi decide to hire Padme to spy on some senator they think is a spy, she spies on that dude with the weird gold tattoo on his head we've seen from other commercials, Anakin looks miffed because they're getting too close, Lott Dod shows up in a few random shots wandering around what looks to be Coruscant, he talks with who looks like Poggle (it was fast, so I'm not 100% sure it was him), Lott Dod looks evil, then Padme drinks something, gets poisoned, Anakin dresses up as some Republic pilot and gets all angry at tattoo dude because tattoo dude says "she's dying." In retrospect, there was quite a bit of Lott Dod.

11. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Thank you for replying so quickly. I'm still searching for this video too, but I cannot find it. if I will, you'll be the first to know.

12. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    Regarding Lott Dod - in the AOTC script, the other Neimoidian with Nute Gunray was named as Rune Haako, yet they did not have the Rune mask and so used Daultay Dofine's instead.

So Lucas decided to make him into a new character called Gilramos Libkath and some books that were written before the film's release used that name. Lucas then changed his mind and made him into Lott Dod though, as seen in the credits.

There was a retcon on the HoloNet News site that stated that Dod was in a speeder accident before AOTC which meant he had to have extensive surgery - thus explaining his different appearance and voice in Ep II. Gilramos Libkath became a different Neimoidian altogether.

But then none of that matters any more since Leland Chee stated that they officially consider it to be Rune Haako on Geonosis in Ep II, even though there is then no explanation for his appearance, voice, or senatorial clothes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.