main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Senator Tikkes appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Do you think that it would be fun for a Separatist leader like Tikkes to appear on the show?

1. OH YEAH! I love Tikkes!

50.0%
  2. Yes! New things are always welcome.

27.3%
  3. Maybe...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I do not care for the Separatists! I love the Jedi and the Clones.

18.2%
  5. I haven't thought about it...

4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey there! It is Dan Grievous and if it is not an issue I couldn't resist starting an appriciation thread for my fave character that even Filoni has aknowledged - TIKKES!

Basically I wish to spread the love for Tikkes! lol

[​IMG]

"I know many of you are fans of specific characters from the Star Wars galaxy. Often these characters make it into the show, but sometimes they come close and we then go in a different direction. Early in the production of Water War we were planning on having the character “Tikkes” as a part of the arc. He was going to play a Senator that witnessed the ever-changing battle on Mon Cala. At the time we had Tikkes and another character called “Chieftan Nosso Ri.”It became clear when reworking the scripts that the two characters crossed over a lot, and there was no need to have two significant Quarren characters. In the end, much to the chagrin of the many Tikkes fans out there, he got cut from the script, hoping this would leave his established EU continuity more intact. The part of Tikkes then went to Nossor Ri, and the two parts were combined into one. This not only benefitted the story, but the asset department as well, since they had one less character to build. During a podcast I promised a render of the Tikkes character, however I discovered when digging deeper that the character model was never built, and only the design model sheet remained. Here for your enjoyment is the Tikkes model sheet. Perhaps one day he will make it into the show, but unfortunately it will not be in Season 5. Just an FYI out of respect for the diehard Tikkes fan club out there. -Dave
    [​IMG]
    THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND MAY THE POWER OF THE QUARREN BE WITH YOU!

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey there,

Something I created for my favorite character. It was inspired by the concept art that Dave Filoni posted on his wall in the end of May. The same one you see above...

Hope you enjoy this... and I hope maybe in the future Tikkes will appear! Maybe Season Six, maybe Season Seven...

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    New things are always welcome!

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What's ur obsession with an non-important character in the SW Saga? The only role he ever had was getting killed by Vader on Mustafar...no offense and he never even appeared in TCW either only in the micro-series CW

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know. He is not Anakin but in SW every character has a crowd AKA Ben Quadrinaros AKA Ice Cream Man and so on. That is how you remember him cause you obsess with Aniiii.
    I see Anakin as the guy who killed Tikkes and nothing else.

Why should it matter who I like. It was back in 2003 when I saw chapter 5 of CW and I heard the Quarren Isolation League's name. The Quarren were so awesome that I searched online and the first thing that came up was Tikkes. His article was so awesomely written that I red his and I wanted to read more about this Star Wars. And that is how I became a SW fan... thanks to Tikkes!

KED12345 likes this.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_laugh] You're my hero, dude.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Another for my list of "The Most Random Fan Creations I've Seen"...[face_laugh]

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I respect ur opinion, and it doesn't really matter, i was just basically wondering why really

9. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    And we don't even know if that's him; for all we know, it could be generic Quarren #56 :p

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    i say we make Tikkes our leader WHO's WITH ME ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    And now you know - Tikkes is the reason I am here in the first place in terms of becoming a SW fan and finding the Temp Forums via several pages about Filoni's post on the 31st of May.

I know it maybe not him but it fits cause he is the leader of the Quarren just before the Civil War in Chapter Five and it makes sense for him to declare war on the Mon Cals.

[​IMG]

I am with ya. Let's make him the president of this forum! ;)

DarthTalgus likes this.
  12. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    ...why did I just receive another notification from you quoting my post? O_O

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I do not know... Maybe it is the system?!

14. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    And I just got two from you quoting that. This place is jacked up... O_O

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I got two from you now as well now... idk.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Tikkes should come into the show and kill Maul. I would accept that.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That would rock!

SeparatistFan likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Seems to happen alot too!

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ooo -- totally something like this (without troopers):

[​IMG]

20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    With the troopers. And no sith tattoos. Just squidman riding a giant narwhal and spearing Maul through the head.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I can see Tikkes like this but with awesome Quarren Soldiers with him.

NICE! That is super-combo platter... I guess you also really want Maul out of TCW. Same here!

TIKKES - The Harbinger of Maul's death! LOL

22. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    How did I not see this coming?

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    No kidding. :p

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, I saw this in Dark Lord Tarkas's sig and figured this thread was the source. :p

I gotta admit, I admire your devotion to the character and by extension the species, Dan. Quarren as a whole are underutilized in SW, IMO. Legacy used them well, and even TCW uses them a good amount, but not many other people use them. As is discussed in the diversity thread in Lit, the authors are too reliant on humans for characters, and more often than not use stock aliens for minor roles. Too many Rodians and Twi'lek. Need moar Quarren.
    Nice animation. And trust me BC, I've taked 3D animation classes and have seen much more random things animated. I myself recreated the Battle of Endor, but with a fully constructed Death Star and multiple SSDs.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

LOL

I did not know he put it in his signature! I am flattered by Dark Lord Tarkas...

Thanks for the nice words...
    I agree with you. Many EU sources have done wonders with these wonderful critters. I mean 3 Quarren Sith is too awesome for me to bare. IMO I am glad that TCW finally made the right Quarren model cause the S1,S2 and S3 models were not that good in terms of similarity to the actual race.

You can not imagine the thrill I got when I met Quarren in KOTOR 2. I go to Nar Shadaa and see these crime bosses modeled after the Tessek costume in ROTJ which is almost identical to my favorite Tikkes. I get a kick out of it cause they remind me of Tikkes. :D

I have noticed that many authors do tend to do that but as friend of mine once said: It is not cause they hate the character or species. The authors want to be safe that their stories have characters people can relate to and they usually use humans cause people tend to identify easier with humans.
    That friend also said something like that about the episode "A Friend in Need". He said that maybe the main reason The Yakfaces were dropped from that episode is that TCW thought that humans suffering would be more easy relate to. Idk IMO.

Indeed. TCW does overdo the Rodians and Twi'leks. Only cause it is cheaper and allows them not to go over their budgets. But TOTALLY... need MOAR QUARREN!

Thanks a lot. It is one of my first tries at animating a model like this.
    PS: I would love to see that Endor battle animation...;)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.