main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson SEND THIS LINK TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bylar, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    PLEASE JUST WATCH THIS VIDEO FROM YOUTUBE, IT WILL DEFINATELY CHANGE THE WORLD

SALTWATER BURNS, THIS CAN SOLVE THE WORLDS DEPENDENCY ON FOSSIL FULES AND REVERSE GLOBAL WARMING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vSxR6UKFM

SPREAD THE WORD SO THE OIL INDUSTRY CAN'T STOP IT

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I wish him luck. This guy is YEARS, maybe even decades, away from making a practical engine device.

Question: How much energy does he use to power his "radiowave device" in order to make that tiny flame that then drives the tiny engine only two minutes?

For the time being, if you want to drive green, I'd stick to fuel cells. Burns hydrogen, gives off water.

3. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    Jack,
    what you are failing to see is that with some modifications most gas engines can be converted to hydrogen, and with this discovery, there is no need for explosive fuel cells. that has been the problem with hydorgen cells, the hindenburg factor, and all u need with this is saltwater, the seperation of hydrogen and oxygen occurs in the cylinder. with the engines we have now, of course the saltwater will eventually corrode the metals, but the next gen motors could b made with high temp polymers or ceramics or any other heat and corrosion resistant materials

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'd love to say this is going to change the world, but the truth is, there have been discoveries more revolutionary and efficient than this and would stop our dependence on fossil fuels, but nobody wants to spend the money to actually get it off the ground. For example, there is an engine that was invented that run off of nothing but Hydrogen, and they even created a successful prototype car, but the entire thing would be too expensive to start mass producing them.

Plus, I only see problems with this: One, it would make a saltwater shortage, if it actually was widely used, and Two, I don't really understand how a billion little 3000 degree fires is going to stop global warming.

It's all about the money, and I would bet you my life that this doesn't get much farther.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    What you are failing to see is that salt water WILL NOT BURN unless it is in the middle of his "radiowave device". That is what would have to be powered in order to get the saltwater to a state where it will burn. That device would have to fit into a car AND HAVE A POWER SOURCE that in turn would enable it to cause the saltwater to burn.

This is not about converting engines to run on saltwater, this is about putting the mechanism in place with a power source to run the mechanism in order to allow the saltwater to burn in an engine.

The devil is always in the details.

6. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    this is the thing guys, the size of the radio freq generator would not have to be as big as the one he has. it can be very small infact, the size of a matchbox even. the saltwater would go into the cylinder and be subject to the radio waves and cause combustion of the hydrogen. like i said b4 the hydrogen engines we have now are powered by an explosive cell, even if the hydrogen is seperated prior to the cylinder, it still has to have a volitile holding cell. as far as powering the raido transimtter...c'mon guys we all have a stero in our cars dont we????? there is an alternator/generator that can still be powered in the same way as they do now by the rpm's of the motor itself using the belts. this can be done very inexpensively, and the earth is 2/3's saltwater and there would not be a "saltwater shortage" mike lol. even salt put into tap water will work. there would not need to be the little "engines" as you said Mike, that was only for thier demonstration purposes. Jack i know you are trying to be practicle, but isint it Mike's job to b the "nay sayer"? lol

this can and will work, its the most inexpensive and applicable idea that has come out regarding this issue. just please send the link to everyone you know and believe me sometime soon we will start seeing the first conversion kits available.

the size of a matchbox even
    k after i did some rough calculations the device of the transmitter would have to be the size of a CB radio. the available line of signal amps typically called "kickers" would work for this, just time it like the spark plugs are, one cylinder gets the shot of saltwater, then the transimitter fires then switches to the next cylinder thats how most of the existing engine componants would work, however the motoroil may still be needed initially, but with the current studies about bio-based oil could lead to changes there as well

7. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I have learned to be a skeptical, having been burned too many times in my past by dewy-eyed innocence. Hence, I have on occasion refered to myself as the "wet blanket wookiee".

All I am going on is the video reports, which said nothing (that I saw) about how much power it would take to operate the "radiowave device".

I'm not saying this device cannot be refined and developed into a practical device for automobiles, but I am curious as to how much energy was needed to cause the salt water to be able to burn and run a child's TOY for only two minutes. A toy steam engine is a HUGE distance from powering an automobile.

8. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Interesting idea...the hydrogen bonding in water does hold a lot of energy (as do the ionic bonds in the salt crystals). I am curious how much power is required to run that radio wave device though and what the reaction for the process is (ie what is actually burning and what are the products).

9. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    hmmmm i think i figured out what the deal is.....
    Jack, do you happen to own oil stocks in your portfolio???? lol j/k

10. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    from what i can gather its the salt molecules heated up by the high frequency radio waves that causes the molecular bonds that hold the hydrogen and oxygen molecules together to break down and the heated salt molecules are so hot the cause the hydrogen to burn. of course the oxygen is burning as well. i dont think the salt is actually burned off, but is probably returning to a solid. of course i will have to make some modifications to my 88 lincoln towncar's 5.0 liter engine to know for sure. the thing im trying to figure out is how to shield the cylinders from the RF so that only one at a time is exposed to the high freq RF and also to shield the main computer chip in the engine. been checkin some 3000 watt messingers (RF amp), they used to be much cheaper in the 80's lol. i have had some experience with peaking and tweaking CB gear so i got some what of a clue in the RF (radio frequency)world.

11. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    In the Spirit of like mindedness and cooperation, here's another Motor on youtube.com under the Perendev Motor. All Magnets with plenty of adjustable speed and massive torgue. They're tooling up for mass production out of Johanisburg, South Africa. The inventer says he can make kits for cars like the hybreeds to replace the fuel burning engine part of the component. We are very close to beating them (the oils companies) at last. Hurraah!!

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Having read everything you have posted I take it that you also haven't got a clue as to how much energy the "radiowave device" is sucking up in order to heat the salt to a high enough temperature to separate and burn the hydrogen and oxygen. I have often heard it said that given enough thrust(energy) even a brick can be made to fly, yet I have never seen a plane built of bricks because it is not PRACTICAL.You also haven't explained how to flush out the salt/mineral residue from the engine cylinders so that they don't clog up. Details, Bylar, details are what will determine the PRACTICALITY of this invention.

13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't know a lot about all of this.. but I am all for it, I have watched one show one night for two hours and while I did not understand a lot of it there were a lot of scientific names that I recognized that were 100% behind the man's plan and said he already had a working engine. I would love to hear more about it.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm still hoping they invent the milk engine. Then I'm going to get me some cows. [face_cow]

15. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    I held a mug of saltwater over a radio but nothing happened. I probably should've put it on Rush Limbaugh instead of NPR - more hot air.

[face_whistling]

16. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    =D= [face_laugh]

17. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    Having read everything you have posted I take it that you also haven't got a clue as to how much energy the "radiowave device" is sucking up in order to heat the salt to a high enough temperature to separate and burn the hydrogen and oxygen. I have often heard it said that given enough thrust(energy) even a brick can be made to fly, yet I have never seen a plane built of bricks because it is not PRACTICAL.You also haven't explained how to flush out the salt/mineral residue from the engine cylinders so that they don't clog up. Details, Bylar, details are what will determine the PRACTICALITY of this invention.[/b][/quote]

Jack,
    this is a work in progress, and as such the details are worked out as they are needed to be. the salt will be blown out the exhaust valves and into the exhaust manifold then to the exhaust pipe and there could either be a catch "box" of some sort or a filter mechinism. the amount of high frequency radio waves needed to ingnite the salt water can be calculated, if you were paying attention to the clip, perhaps you should re-watch it and see if you can tell for yourself. practicality is in the eyes of the beholder my friend, and you are sure there is none here so why even continue with the negativity? its always been people with the negative attitudes that try to prevent progress for some reason. you can join Mike and "nay say" all you want, that will not stop progress...you might want to dump all the oil stock now b4 its worthless lol

John,
    that magnetic motor is awesome indeed. my son and i made a crude version of that motor for his 6th grade science fair. we used a wheel off of my wheelchair and i got some of those really strong magnets (berillium ferite i think it was) and at one point we had it spinning for about 30 mins till the neighbor kid messed with it and we never get it to work properly again. my son did get 3rd place at his school, and 2nd place at the regional science fair at the TCC. he got a trophy and a $40 check. the kids nicknamed the thing "frankinwheel" lol

18. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    But seriously, it's not that I don't think this guy shouldn't continue research, it's that that thing looks like it's at actual negative efficiency right now. I mean, he's putting who knows how much power into the radiowave generator in order to heat the salt water. It seems unlikely that there could be a practical application with regard to a motor. I'm guessing the tiny one they show in the clip has huge amounts of heat loss, sort of like a light bulb, before it even starts turning. Just because something burns doesn't mean it'll power a motor (or an efficient one, anyways). In combustion engines heat is a byproduct, it's the rapid expansion of gas as it ignites that causes physical movement.
    I'm all for alternative energies, but I'm not seeing practical applications for this. I mean, on any level if you put in enough energy, you can rip atoms apart from one another; but are you getting enough out to justify what you put in? Someone's already found a way to do that on the sub-atomic particle level, and it powers both our nuclear plants and our warheads.

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I also have never claimed that research should stop. I have only said I want more information before I rush out and start converting my truck's engine. I do not believe it makes one a naysayer simply because one does not blindly follow every fad that ends up on youtube.
    I wish the guy success, WE DO NEED ALTERNATIVE FUEL SOLUTIONS, but, as at the carnival, I'm not going to go rushing willy-nilly in the direction of the arrow that points "THIS WAY TO THE GIANT EGRESS".

20. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    k heres the deal, when u have anything combust it produces gasses that expand rapidly so the saltwater would act as the gas would in the cylinder. the small motor they have in the clip is just for demonstration, and if thats all your focusing on then you might as well root for the milk engine lol

i am not accusing you, Jack of being anything but negative thats all. you are acting like i asked you for 10k to put into this invention, and i have not, nor have i asked you to "convert" your truck engine, or even suggested that you should. i said i would try some stuff with MY engine not yours. that car needs a water pump and i was gonna have it hauled off anyway so why not mess with it a bit to see what happens. the wattage needed can be calulated as i said before, for those of you scientifically challanged, its roughly around a megawatt but 3000 watt kickers can beefed up and daisychained to produce it. there are a few high power radio setups that can be adapted to a car that the tv stations use on thier mobile telecast vans but those would be a bit pricey, thats why i have been lookin into what it would take to replace the finals in a 3k kicker to make it a 27k one. all of this can be powered by the electrical system in a car with a few modifications such as an extra car battery and isolinier seperator.

when i lived in los angeles, me and a few buddies made a megawatt broadcasting setup and used a home made quad element beam antena with a 100 ft tripod sectional tower. we used to drive the fcc crazy when we fired that thing up lol. we would take it in our 4wheelers and
    head to a very inaccessable spot up in the mountains and once we started broadcasting we knew we had about 20 mins b4 the helicopters started to triangulate our position lol

21. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Uh, no, it wouldn't. At least, not in the way that gasoline does. If that flame is really as host as they think it is, that flame is burning the hydrogen and oxygen it's freed. So the hydrogen is rapidly expanding because it's burning.

A MW? Jesus. For how long and at what voltage? At 480V 3-phase that's 1,200 A. Single phase it's over 2,000 A. You'd need over 1000 MCM cable for that! That stuff is thick, and heavy, and not much fun to bend as I've heard many a lineman attest. If you're going to be bumpin' that kind of amps, you might as well just be using them to power a motor instead of a radiowave generator that makes saltwater burn.

And a flux capacitor... :p

22. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    what u left out is i already made a similar setup for broadcasting CB and no flux capacitor was needed. you would not need that large of cable, as we didnt when were broadcasting with it (we used 1.5 inch braided copper to the antenae). we broadcast for 5 mins at a time with that rig and not once did we melt anything. we did fry the finals a couple times but thats expected with such power when using a home made beam antenae.....standing wave and all that

this statement you made "Uh, no, it wouldn't. At least, not in the way that gasoline does. If that flame is really as host as they think it is, that flame is burning the hydrogen and oxygen it's freed. So the hydrogen is rapidly expanding because it's burning."

in priciple it indeed acts like the gasoline, from what i gather, the gasses are seperated and ingnited almost simutainiously. regardless of what is burning, gasoline/oxygen or hydrogen/oxygen, its the act of burning the gasses that release the energy that pushes the piston....guess what the internal temp of the cylinder is after the gasoline is ignited...thats why there is a cooling system on internal combustion engines.

far more interesting and plausable is the magnetic motor that John posted about here is the link to one of these video clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa8EBXKDW4