main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Sending love, support and best wishes to you all.....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Watching the News reports and listening to the radio simply doesn't cover what many Queenslanders are going through. My heart is heavy and tears come every time I see someone talk about their losses. The loss of life is devistating and losing children is heartbreaking.

The vision of cars being carried away like floating toys is shocking and the sight of people on the roof of their devistated homes brings home the reality of what they are living through and what they have lost. It's hard for us to understand teh shear scale of this catasrophy, but what we are seeing is giving us a good picture.

I know I send my wishes and support to you all, and hope every member of the board, their families and friends are safe.

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Been SO long since I've glanced at the boards.. They're still here. Yey.

Thanks for the thoughts A-D!

As far as I know everyone from around here is okay. About 10 of us ended up just hanging out as friends the last couple years and of those, one is still unable to return home for a week as his apartment at West end has no power or services, but he and his stuff is okay.

We've all been affected in some way though, whether it's not being at work, worry over relatives, or wondering if you'll get home from work when it was all happening. Mostly I know we feel really lucky and grateful that our places and our friends and family are safe and okay, when so much has been damaged and lost around us.

The spirit here is hight though with thousands offering help to each other, and us all checking on each other and making sure people are doing okay. It's an interesting feeling when people and strangers genuinely ask how you are and care about the answer. Changes the way you see your city a little.

Big clean up to come back some semblance of normality is returning today. The traffic on the road after 3-4 days of deserted streets is both hellish but a sign of recovery.

Thanks for the thoughts, very muchly. Good to know the Star Wars community still exists out there too. I'm grateful to it as it's how my current group of friends was created, and they've become the people I contacted when this all happened. The force will be with us :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Of course we are all still out here, and I have been worried sick about anyone and everyone up there!! I've put countless coins in countless buckets over the last week as I feel so helpless. I know that Guri and Alf of the SAFF spent a good part of the Saturday making up 'Shopping bags of Love' that were sent up there Sat night. I would love to don some rubber boots, gloves and grab a shovel to help. The spirit of Australia is with you all, I know that just by talking to people and even listening to my kids and their friends talk. It's affected the nation.

I am (as I am sure many others are) so very glad none of you have been hurt or injured, and in all honesty, material things can be replaced. Then again, I hope no one SW collections were damaged, that would be horrible. Hang in the Queensland, the rest of the Nation still cares and sends wishes, donations and support to you all.

Thanks Kahlan72 for letting us know you guys are ok, it helps us so far away to know you are coming through this. I imagine seeing your world like this is horrible, but in time, it will be the way it was.

MTFBWY all...

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    With Yasi bearing down on you guys, I just wanted you to know you are in my heart and mind. Stay Strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.