main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sense and (In) Sensibility (Sequel to P & P, A/P Humor/Romance) Post Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedilegolas

jedilegolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    No!! Not another cliffhanger!!! oh well, we waited a month... I guess I am just learning how to be patient. (I am one of those people that if given the opportunity to open a Christmas present 10 days early, I would do it). Excellent update, and welcome back from your hiatus! Oh yes, I am so glad that Padme and Sabe found dear Anakin. yay!

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

Jazz_Skywalker: Yeah, well, Anakin loves her too much to put her in that much danger. The light was her being stunned? and thanks! I?m glad to be back too!

shookie: Thank you, friend! Sheesh? I don?t always do that intentionally- it seems to have become a habit!

Laine_Snowtrekker: *Laughs* Well, I?m afraid that you had to wait until today? but here it is!

queenberuthiel: I dunno? I think we had most people fooled there! It is good to hear from you! Thanks for the sweet words!

randomangel22: Thank you! Yeah, well, whatever the circumstance, being stunned isn?t a friendly gesture! I?ve actually never heard that before?

HandmaidenVeme: Oh, no! What are we going to do without our orneriest Angel??! Well, here is a post for when you return?

jedi7: Ah? sorry about that! It seems to have become habit! This post does not have a cliffhanger, I swear!

michaellover: I?m sorry! I?m a reader too, and I know how frustrating it all is! (And if you haunt me, I?d probably go crazy and be incapable of writing!)

AzureAngel2: I?m sorry about that! Here is the newest post- sans the usual cliffhanger!

jedilegolas: Sorry! I shall be returning to my posting schedule, so the wait won?t be so long. I can?t open my gifts early? that?s just the way I roll? Thank you! I?m so glad to be back!

PM List: Just let me know if you wish to be added/removed...
    laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, JediKnight_Padme, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008

Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Naberries Get Involved

Not for the first time in the past few weeks, Padmé found herself regaining consciousness in the healer?s ward. Even before she opened her eyes to see the bright light, she knew that a healer would be there fussing about her and the state of her baby, Madame DesLaurier?s was there ready to smother her, and at least a third of the remaining Jedi Council- for there would be no Anakin there to silently fret brood over her- would be ready to start interrogating her. Sadly, her nose itched, and there was just only so long that any person could feign slumber?

?Force, Padmé- what happened?? the overbearing headmistress cried out. Fretting about, she soon sat about the task of patting Padmé?s forehead with a damp cloth though there was no apparent need to do so? until the young woman noticed the way the healer warily watched her guardian.

As she sat there thinking about it, the young mother suddenly realized that she didn?t know what had happened. Padmé remembered walking out of the room and hearing a faint sound?

?Where?s Sabe?? she cried out, suddenly moving to sit up.

Madame DesLaurier?s gently pushed her back down on the bed, causing her to sink deep into the mattress. ?She is not well right now??

Biting her lip, the young woman could only think of the condition her friend was in- was the other?s baby alright too?

Though her first inclination had been to ask about her own child, she realized that, had there been anything wrong, she would have been immediately notified.

?It?s a good thing that Yané happened upon you two,? the large woman continued.

Instantly, a shiver ran down Padmé?s spine. Yané had been there? it must have been her? Before she could even open her mouth to protest, she cried out upon seeing Yané, pale-faced as ever, standing by the door. Instinctively wishing to protect her unborn baby, the mother tucked her feet up and clutched the blankets to her chest.

?You were lying there unconscious,? the other woman said in a mournful tone.

?No??

The headmistress did not notice the w

3. shookie

shookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    Yeah Loved the update.

4. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    We could disappear for all of February and see if anyone misses us... :p
    I loved the knitting part. It remided me of when my mother first showed me how to. I was ready to burn that creation.
    Great post and thanks for the PM.

5. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Awesome update and thanks for the PM

6. nabooqueen2008

nabooqueen2008 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2008
    awesome as usual.....although I am concerned about Sabe....is she going to be alright?

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hm, making baby blankets for have the opposite effect on me...

anyway, great up-date! I am really worried about Padmé and rather currious...

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I am worried about Sabe, but it's good to know that Padme is alive and well, for the moment.

Where did Anakin go? Did he get his sabre?

Y'see, I will wait patiently for the next chapter, but I can barely restrain myself from requesting another post...

Even if it's a subtle question.. :D

Thanks for the PM.

9. Lady_JediSkywalker

Lady_JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2006
    great update thanks for the pm

10. CallistaSkywalker85

CallistaSkywalker85 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2006
    Great post=D= Welcome back. I'm really worried about Sabe. Please tell me that she didn't lose the baby[face_praying] Obi-wan really needs some happiness in his life. No more sadness!!!! Please post soon:)

11. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Arrgh why didn't you tell us what happened to Sabe?! [face_worried]

Well, at least Anakin got his lightsaber back and will hopefully look for more trouble. :p

Padme and Madame DesLauriers making blankets = :eek: :oops: [face_laugh]

Great post!

12. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    noooooo. Anakin and trouble? never :p
    great update. this is really getting interesting.
    cant wait for more :D

13. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    well, we cant say that she doesnt know her husband!!:p

a week's rest, makin blankets with the woman my nightmares are made of ( besides my own

momma!) and the folks coming over, if that isnt a recipe for disaster, then what is??

14. jedilegolas

Oct 22, 2006
    Padme making baby blankets? That just brings a smile to my face :) And of course Anakin's going to go looking for trouble... it's Anakin. Thanks for the pm!

15. HCzGIRL481

HCzGIRL481 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 10, 2007
    OH BOY-this is getting interesting!:D Poor Padme can't catch a break-AND what happened to Anakin:confused:??

16. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

shookie: Thank you, my friend! I?m glad that you?re still here enjoying this story!

queenberuthiel: *Laughs* My readers would miss me, and I?d miss you! I never learned how to knit, though I was rather good at crocheting.

JediMasterJessica: Thank you- it?s my pleasure! I?m glad you?re liking this story!

nabooqueen2008: We?ll have to see on Sabé- we don?t know what?s going on, but something is obviously up.

AzureAngel2: *Laughs* If you haven?t guessed, I am your opposite in that respect! Padmé?s alright for right now- she?s just going to be smothered even more!

Laine_Snowtrekker: Although Sabé is rather iffy right now, Anakin and Padmé are doing alright. Yes, he got his saber- he might be needing that! *Laughs* You?re so funny- request granted (though as always on Monday).

Lady_JediSkywalker: Thanks, friend! I?m glad you liked the post? even if it had to do with unpleasant things like knitting and sick friends.

CallistaSkywalker85: Oh, no- don?t worry! The baby is alright! I never make any angst out of a baby in a story unless it is absolutely necessary? and this story doesn?t need it.

randomangel22: Well, even Padmé doesn?t know what?s going on. Don?t worry- you know Anakin won?t be able to stay away for long! Now, that is my worst nightmare there!

anakin_luver: My friend, how dare you even suggest such a preposterous thing??! JK! Trust me, things are going to get even more interesting?

michaellover: *Laughs* It?s an honest wonder they don?t have their minds connected and all. Yes, Padmé is probably going to want to go back to baby blanket making as soon as the family arrives- they?ll put things into perspective.

jedilegolas: Fortunately, Padmé might just be able to get out of doing that? *Laughs* It would be very odd for Anakin to not go looking for trouble?

HCzGIRL481: I know- even I feel bad for her! We shall get a hint at what Anakin is up to in this post?

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Unwelcome Questions

It soon became evident that Padmé was not going to be easily turned into a ?domesticated housewife and mother,? something which put a rut into Madame DesLaurier?s plans. When her knitting had turned into something grotesque, the young woman finally got so fed up with her project that she threw it into the nearest receptacle and feigned sleep every time the headmistress came by. For the most part, this worked well for her, and she was not only able to avoid sewing and other loathed activities but was also able to catch up on her sleep.

Sadly, there would be only so much the young mother could do when her family arrived. Her mother had never been one to be fooled by such childish games, and there were uncomfortable questions that would be inevitably asked.

During the next few days, Padmé had to sit there reminding herself of how much she loved her family- and how their attempts to smother her was their way of trying to keep her best interests in mind.

On the second very boring day in the healer?s ward, Sabé finally pulled back the curtains that surrounded her bed. Although very drawn and pale looking, she smiled at her friend before resting back against the pillows for a long sleep.

Sitting there reading a datapad on information for one of her classes, the young woman sat there with a puzzled look upon her face as she watched her friend sleep. Nothing appeared to be wrong with her- the healer had assured her that

17. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    Can you teach me how to crochet? I've always wanted to learn.

*Giggles* Jobal is going to notice that something is wrong right away, isn't she?

*Giggles again* It sounds like Sola has lots of experience...

Loved the post and thanks for the PM.

18. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Really sweet chapter, I'm not really surprised Padme didnt tell Sola. Thanks for the PM

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm surprised she didn't tell Sola, either. Hmmpf. Padme's family is smart--they're going to figure out, aren't they? And she'll have to reveal that's she married to Anakin.

And what's wrong with Sabe? Did evil-possessed Yane tamper with her mind?

Thanks for the PM.

20. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Well, finding Anakin if something goes wrong and don't tell the parents about anything is a sure way that the plan will backfire sooner or later. [face_laugh]

At least Sola's willing to help her lil sis out. [face_love]

Great post!

21. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    My knitting also would be grotesque!

:D

I sympathize with Padme!

[face_thinking]

But I fear her sis is a curious woman! She won't give up so easily until she has exactly the answers she needs.

22. jedilegolas

Oct 22, 2006
    I am a little surprised Padme didn't end up telling Sola, I thought she might at the end of their conversation, oh well. I am sure Sola will be the first in the family to figure it out.

Padme's knitting cannot possibly be anymore grotesque than some of my creations heehee:p

Can't wait for the next update; perhaps it will be sweet in honor of Valentine's Day [face_love]??

23. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    LOL! Everyone's commenting on the knitting! I'm in the same boat with everyone on this subject. Riley got one of those knitting machines that all you have to do is thread the yarn through and turn the crank....yeah, that didn't work for me either!

Anyway, I'm sure Padme will find a way to get through her family's visit and Madam L's presense but I'm concerned about Sabe and Obi-wan. She's with Yoda but something tells me it's not good.

24. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh geez. i really don't know how Padme's going to keep this a secret. but i can't wait to find out. great update :D

25. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

queenberuthiel: *Laughs* I?d have to have someone refresh my memory on it again. I always have troubles getting started. Oh, Padmé?s going to try to prevent that inevitable for as long as she can?

JediMasterJessica: I think that, had her life not been in so much danger, she would have readily confided in her sister. With things as they are? she?s going to try to get as close to the truth as she can without actually telling it.

Laine_Snowtrekker: Oh, they won?t figure out the truth? if she leads them in a different direction. As for Sabé, well, you will have to wait to find out- I?d hate to spoil the story for you!!!

randomangel22: Oh, yeah? there is plenty of opportunities for things to go wrong there. It will be especially interesting to see Sola?s reaction to all of this when it?s over.

AzureAngel2: Just for grins, I looked at some simple knitting instructions the other day and nearly got a headache from it all. Sola understands the needs for boundaries- it?s their parents I?d be more worried about!

jedilegolas: If Sola doesn?t find out, you can be sure that she will feel the most betrayed at the end. Oh well? I?m sure that any knitting I?d do would be the worst. Who is to say that I?m not using personal experience here, hmm??! V-Day??! Well, maybe not? but I?m setting it up to be interesting, that?s for sure.

HandmaidenVeme: I think that most of us are hopeless when it comes to that *raises hand* My own mom tried to force that stuff on me, and I HATED it. Yeah, you?re one of the few that picked up on that something is not quite right with Sabé right now?

anakin_luver: *Laughs* She?s gonna try her best? and try to confuse them in the meantime. She?ll hate lying to them, so she?s going to go for some half-lies.

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008

Chapter Forty: Who is that Boy?

?I think that it would be a lovely idea for us to all have a family dinner together again,? Jobal announced nearly a week later to the surprised members of her family. She offered a smile and patted Padmé?s hand. ?It?s been so long since the four of us have been together.?

The sudden need for family time had been unbidden. It wasn?t like the Naberrie family had not been spending time together- they had been doing so all day. Her mother seemed to have approved of Madame DesLaurier?s methods of ?domestication? and had bidden her two daughters to enjoy it with her while Ruwee prepared university lectures.

Padmé had been out of the healer?s ward for the past two days. Her healer had tried everything to keep her there for longer but, without revealing her condition, there could be little done to maintain a pretense of observing her.

It wasn?t that she didn?t mind being free at last- on the contrary, the young woman had been on the verge of becoming very moody if forced to sit still for any longer- but being under the watchful eyes of her mother wasn?t better. No thorough explanations had been given as to why she?d been there in the first place, and Jobal seemed to be under the impression that she?d eventually faint or do some other thing that would reveal her situation.

Fortunately, that had yet to happen?

So surprised was she by this proposal that Padmé accidentally pricked her finger with her needle. ?Ow!? she cried out before she could help herself. Trying to not act flustered, she placed her fingers against her lips and refused to look up from her task.

Gently, Jobal reached out and turned over her hand to look at th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.