main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sense and (In) Sensibility (Sequel to P & P, A/P Humor/Romance) Post Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedilegolas

jedilegolas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    wow! I certainly wasn't expecting for Jasto and Padme to do that! I feel sorry for poor Jasto. It seems his reactions have not gone unnoticed. Perhaps that's how the truth will find its way out? I wonder what the reception will be when Padme's family finds out Anakin is the husband/father? [face_thinking] Well, this isn't Lost, so I'm sure we will find out! Thanks for the pm and I really enjoyed the update!

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

ehopepower: *Laughs* When I started this story, I did not expect for the story to fall this way? but it obviously has! Sorry you had to wait so long on the post!

nabooqueen2008: Next, I?ve decided to throw Anakin back into the mix to make everything much more complicated! The whole point of this part of the series is that they are going to dig themselves in so deep that they?re going to spend the entire next part trying to get themselves out of it.

Jedi_Kassandra: We?ll see about Anakin. He?s definitely? protective, but he is one to value the safety of his wife and children, so if Padmé can explain (without him blowing up) what is going on all will be alright.

Icecruncher_Amidala: I think he falls under the category of a ?true blue friend.? He?s allowing himself to be made a part of it, not necessarily used.

Laine_Snowtrekker: Yeah, that?s what the next post or two is going to be about- Padmé going to explain to Anakin what?s going on before he jumps to conclusions. No, I was trying to think of what they would be likely to do? and I decided to have them smother him (and contrast with Anakin). Oh, trust me- that won?t go over well (especially with them being attached to Jasto!)

AzureAngel2: I know. Even though they mean well and are doing it for an honorable cause, they?re just digging themselves in too deep. When the time comes to reveal their secret- and just how many lies they?ve told- they?re going to be in such a big mess. Good and appropriate quote there! If I had to put one before each chapter, that one would have been perfect! Yeah, that?s all going to come crashing down eventually.

michaellover: Oh, yeah- that could have been far nastier if she?d had a different family! Fortunately, they instantly fell in love with him (as compared to the threat of Anakin they?d been facing)!

HandmaidenVeme: Oh, yeah. That?s where the third part of this tale is going to come into play- they?re going to have to deal with the repercussions of their actions.

anakin_luver: I know! Although writing this is great, I can?t wait until everything crashes! Ooh! The drama and angst! It will be great fun, that?s for sure!

HCzGIRL481: I know! I want to get to that part too! The truth shall come out at the very end? and shall be dealt with in detail in the sequel (which shall be a humor piece, I believe, as compared to this angst).

jedilegolas: Actually, no. The façade will last until the end where disaster will bring it out. I?d love to say more on that, but I?d be giving the plot away. Oh, I?d expect a minor explosion? and a sequel!

PM List: Just let me know if you wish to be added/removed...

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008

Chapter Forty-One: Jealous Husbands

For as much deception as they were trying to pull off, Jasto was welcomed into the family with more eagerness than Padmé could have predicted. Things were really awkward between the two of them- it was hard to not feel a little bit wary considering the fact that they were posing as a married couple? all the while he?d had affection for her mere days before.

Not only did the poor man receive a new family, but he also became the recipient of Madame DesLaurier?s tendency to smother her favorite persons. Perhaps she was just relieved that Anakin Skywalker seemed to have permanently left Padmé?s sight, but she seemed to think that there couldn?t have been a better match made.

Despite it being rather awkward, Padmé was quite relieved in how accepted their supposed marriage was. Everything seem

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *sees the first cracks under the surface of all the white lies and hangs on to see the collapse!*

And I bet the men really got themselves into deep, deep trouble...

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Even though it's scary, it's also freaking cool that Anakin can control their speeder from wherever he is. And I hope Obi-Wan's there! And I think we're climbing to the climax, aren't we?

Great post!

Thanks for the PM.

5. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Uh-oh me thinks the cat's outta the bag and Anakin knows. [face_laugh]

I was Padme and Sabe I second guess getting in that speeder with Anakin controlling it through my mind. :p

Great post!

6. nabooqueen2008

nabooqueen2008 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2008
    Whoa...a short post and a cliff hanger! Ah........please no more of those! please please please!!!!! I'm dying to find out what happens! Aside from the getting into trouble part that Anakin always manages to land himself into!!!!! :)

7. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    ?I have a bad feeling about this??

I second that!!!

(sorry so short, I'm busy! Actually I'm participating in this scavenger hunt thingy...maybe you've heard of it;) )

8. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    that's it, poor Ani lost all the cockies he had left in his jar!!! (and they werent many to

begin with) lets just hope jhe doesnt kill the poor bloke if it's jealousy that drives him to

see Padme, he is starting to grow on my ( kind of like fungus :confused: )

9. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    I wonder...

10. shookie

shookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    I also wonder... Is it Ani or is it Palpy controling the speeder...???? Hummm Update sooon

11. HCzGIRL481

HCzGIRL481 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 10, 2007
    OMG- your next update must be l-o-n-g-e-r[face_praying]!!! I can't stand the suspense...this story is getting really GOOD!!!=D= =D=

12. jedilegolas

Oct 22, 2006
    whoa... Anakin's controlling the speeder Padme and Sabe are in?!?! Talk about mad force skills...

Anakin's probably found out about the faux-marriage of Padme and Jasto, eh? I bet he was either a. understanding or b. super pissed. haha!

Thanks for the pm and I am looking forward to the next update!!! yay!!

13. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

AzureAngel2: *Laughs* Either, they?re in trouble? or trouble found them. Which will it be?!

Laine_Snowtrekker: Anakin is an incredibly powerful Jedi, so it would not be beyond him to be able to do such a thing. Yes, we?re still ascending the ?climax mountain? but we still have a ways to go. This is setting up the last of the story.

randomangel22: Oh yes, things certainly won?t be pretty if Anakin indeed knows. We can only hope that he will not follow to his usual characterization.

nabooqueen2008: I?m sorry! I tend to do it without even having realized it! Slap me on the hand and call me a bad author! JK!

HandmaidenVeme: Hmm? I might have heard of that before. Not positive, though.

michaellover: Yeah, hopefully he won?t jump to the wrong conclusions and do something that will make things worse for them?

queenberuthiel: Wonder what?!

shookie: Hmm? great question that is. Find out in the next post, you shall!

HCzGIRL481: Sorry that was so short- I?ve been pressed for time lately. *looks at post* This one is longer? and happens to have the traditional cliffhanger. I?m glad you?re liking this so much!

jedilegolas: Hey, he is the Chosen One, so him being able to do so is not completely unheard of! We shall be able to find out about his reaction here soon?

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008

Chapter Forty-Two: Being Followed

If the fact that their speeder was being controlled by some other means than themselves was tension inducing, it was nothing compared to the dread the two women felt as they found themselves standing before a seedy cantina. Even the most dingy of passerby?s seemed to glance over its broken windows and barely-flickering sign.

?The Slinky Nexu,? Sabé murmured under her breath, still staring up at the sign. ?Force, I?ll be.?

?I think we can take some comfort in the fact that it is less than likely that they frequent this place,? Padmé added a little too cheerfully. In the next moment, she swallowed nervously. ?Do we really have to go in there??

In response to this, her best friend pulled a blaster out of nowhere, got it ready, and slipped it back into its concealed place.

This made her sigh. ?I wish I was armed with little more than a datapad.?

Though she seemed just as nervous, Sabé nodded before walking towards the entrance as if in a daze. ?If all else fails and someone is determined to kill you, you can throw it at them.?

?Thanks- that was just the encouragement I needed.?

Inside, the cantina was completely empty- a good reason why the barman seemed confused by their presences. He?d been standing behind the counter staring up at a holo show, laughing bawdily at it. His mouth hung slightly open as he stood there regarding them. ?What are you two doing here??

Exchanging looks with her friend, Padmé decided to be the one to speak first. ?We are meeting a few? friends here.?

To this, the beefy man made a noncommittal grunt. ?Whattu have?? he slurred, waving his large hand at the bar.

?No thank you,? Sabé squeaked, moving slightly to stand behind the other. ?We?re not here to drink.?

Unbidden, they rushed out of his sight and into a concealing booth at the opposite end of the room. Even in the concealed shadows, neither felt compelled to take their cloaks off? or even do anything but anxiously wait.

?I do not like this,? the blond-haired woman finally announced at length. ?I vote we leave and??

The reason for her trailing off soon became evident-

14. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Evil cliffie!!!!!!!

15. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    About what? Everything. I'm a curious person. :p

You enjoy clifties don't you? Leaving us all in suspence. :_| Why? :_|

I have just got to say, I'm happy Anakin is back. Kinda.

Great post and thanks for the PM.

16. nabooqueen2008

nabooqueen2008 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2008
    wow! another wonderful post! Ha...I will not call you a bad author! You're an awesome author! Can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!
    Thanks for the pm!
    ~nabooqueen~

17. jedilegolas

Oct 22, 2006
    :) yay Obiwan and Anakin make an appearance! Anakin with a beard? That IS overkill [face_laugh]

And note to Anakin, don't get mad at Padme for pretending to be married to Jasto. What's a girl to do in her situation??

Oh, and I love the bar name, the Slinky Nexu! haha!!! Love it!!

18. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Oh man, Anakin with a beard was overkill! [face_laugh]

But shame on him for being jealous that Jasto is pretending to be Padme's husband. [face_shame_on_you]

I wonder who the person is in the bar...me thinks its Yane. [face_worried]

Great post!

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *tries to trust both man and Anakin's abilities!*

Difficult though...

20. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Have to agree--evil cliffie!

I liked the post. :)

Thanks for the PM.

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    uh oh...more trouble.
    i love how Anakin's jealously is very suttle. makes it that much funnier :D

22. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    I'm sorry if I seem a bother, but I haven't recieved the last two pm's for this story, I just happened to come upon it while browsing.

Ohhh, I hate it when you leave me hanging. It's just torture, TORTURE I TELL YOU!!! :mad: They should have a law against it on here or something. But if writers didn't leave their readers hanging it wouldn't be as good. It's just something I'll have to live I guess.[face_tired]

23. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

HandmaidenVeme: Sorry! I can?t seem to help myself when it comes to those!

queenberuthiel: Oh, don?t worry- things get way interesting from here.

nabooqueen2008: Aww! Thanks! Well, not bad author as in terms of writing quality, but all of those cliffhangers!

jedilegolas: Urgh, it was so hard to write him with the beard, but it was more realistic that way. Padmé is just doing what she thinks is best for not only her but also her babies.

randomangel22: Ah? mysteries and angst. All shall be revealed in due course!

AzureAngel2: Yeah? that would be hard for anyone to be able to get a hold of!

Laine_Snowtrekker: *Laughs* After a couple of years, one would think that you guys would be used to that!

anakin_luver: Well, and it?s not like he could outright say anything in front of Obi-Wan?

Icecruncher_Amidala: Oh, wow? excuses below! I am so sorry! Yeah, I do have to do it to keep you guys on the edges of your seats- imagine how boring it would be otherwise!

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008, Icecruncher_Amidala

I am so sorry for the inconsistencies in my posting. I got really sick these past few weeks- I have dropped so much weight and am always tired- and have had a personal issue that I had to solve.

At any rate, I?ll be sure to give more warning next time!

Chapter Forty-Three: A Humbling Meeting

Naturally, as things seemed to be getting better for Padmé Skywalker, it was high time for things to crash at her feet. Nothing could have been prevented- this sudden downturn had nothing to do with her pregnancy or hidden marriage- and it occurred so randomly it had left her dazed. No one had seen it coming, and not even she had thought that it would have happened?

?Is this it?? Jasto asked apprehensively, peering out of the speeder at the large sprawling lawns and the mansion off in the distance.

?Most regrettably.?

Sighing, the young man pulled into the sloping drive, seemingly determined to make the trip take as long as possible even though it was inevitable that they would eventually have to drive.

?I know you have to go in there, but I am so glad that I get to drive away,? he finally confessed after having cleared his throat a few times.

To this, Padmé could only force a smile. Out of all the places she was to return to, this had to be the most unpleasant of them all. So many bitter memories were associated with the place and, had it not been for the few pleasant ones, the young woman would have thrown herself out of the speeder and ran away as quickly as possible.

Even then, she might have done so but for the simple fact that she was pregnant and that her doing so would harm her babies.

As if reading her mind, Jasto murmured, ?Running away from this will not help.?

Glowering at the fountain they parked in front of, the young woman unbuckled her safety harness and climbed out of the speeder. ?How do I look??

?Pregnant.?

Not in one of her best moods, Padmé gave him a sarcastic smirk before striding towards the mansion?

?Ah, good afternoon, Miss Naberrie,? the servant at the front door greeted her with a small bow. ?Lady DeBourgh is expecting you.?

And more than likely ready to complain about my being late she thought. Still, the young mother hand enough sense to betray her true thoughts, so she followed the servant through the lavish and overly decorated hallways and flights of stairs?

?Miss Naberrie, it is a pleasure to see you again,? came a cr

24. shookie

shookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    Poor Padme I could just slap that b&^%$ for treating her that way..Come on Ani save Padme

25. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Wait, was it Jasto watching them? And what happened to Anakin, Sabe, and Obi-wan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.