Saga Sense and (In) Sensibility (Sequel to P & P, A/P Humor/Romance) Post Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Now Padme has to play babysitter for Sache's sister (if I remember correctly she did have a sister right...).o_O Well, that should be fun. :p

I really think Padme's gonna need some serious therapy after this is all over. [face_laugh]

I hope you feel better [:D]!

Great post!
  2. HCzGIRL481 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hmmm! I wonder if Palpy was at the cantina:confused: or better yet- his evil former mother-in-law:eek:(scary isn't it[face_whistling])??? Okay, let's just say I have questions...lots of them:p!!! Again, GREAT stuff=D= =D=
  3. Laine_Snowtrekker Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Padme! Does Lady DeBourgh think that Jasto is the husband? Does she know she's pregnant? (I would think so, since DesLauriers sent her)...

Great post.
  4. Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    She was sent away from Coruscant? Ahh well, I probably missed something somewhere.[face_plain] Great update!=D=
  5. nabooqueen2008 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh I feel so sorry for Padme right now......oh I just feel her pain! I hope that it will not be permanent!!!!!

and where is Anakin????? Hope that he and Obi Wan are okay!

anxiously waiting for the next surprise!
    ~nabooqueen~
  6. jedilegolas Jedi Master

star 1
    oh boy! I am sure Padme's going to have a great time at the Deslauriers. ;)
  7. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Gah, I hate mean and nasty "old women"! I hope Padmé sees the light at the end of THAT very dark tunnel soon.
  8. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hahah. loved that last commment.
    what a charming women...
  9. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    *looks around and thinks that somebody has been equally busy with RL issues!*

Well, we, your loyal fans, will wait with patience and in good faith!
  10. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

shookie: At this point, I think Padmé would be happy if anyone- even a certain annoying girl- were to rescue her from this debacle!

Handmaiden Veme: Rest assured- I shall answer all of your questions all in good time! I promise!

randomangel22: Fun as in banging your head against a desk repeatedly??! Jk! Oh, yes- therapy might become a necessity!

HCzGIRL481: Ugh? you had me creeped out at the words ?mother in law!?

Laine_Snowtrekker: Well, you shall have to find out? and you can?t imagine her treating Padmé?s pregnancy with much kindness!

Icecruncher_Amidala: As the author, I took the liberty of jumping a little bit? and will have the privilege of filling in all the pieces!

nabooqueen2008: *Laughs* Well, for the sake of having a plot, there shall be plenty of angst and unhappiness for her- but all shall be resolved in due time!

jedilegolas: Oh, my- how did you *ever* guess that impossible plot twist?!

AzureAngel2: Actually, if she knew what laid ahead, I think she would be happy even in that situation! Thank you for your support there!

anakin_luver: Oh, yes- she shall have a grand time there! *rolls eyes*

PM List: Just let me know if you wish to be added/removed...

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008, Icecruncher_Amidala

A million humble apologies, my friends! I would explain my absence, but you guys need a post!

Chapter Forty-Four: The House of Wax

Padmé had been around thousands of persons and beings in her lifetime, but she had yet to meet one who was as downtrodden and frail as Miss DeBourgh. Even one glance at the woman?s ashen face revealed the thoughts going on in her mind- ?My life is miserable, my life is miserable??

The first time the young woman had noticed this, it had caught her by surprise, but a week in the DeBourgh mansion had easily answered why her companion was so miserable. It might have had something to do with the flashy and overstuffed surroundings? or perhaps the hook-nosed woman who called her mother? or the fact that the girl was so incessantly smothered it made anyone sick to witness it.

Though so young- barely qualifying as an adult- Miss DeBourgh followed a tightly-run schedule as directed by her mother. Immediately after a kosher breakfast, she attended piano lessons, then grammar, and so on. Hardly a moment was spared to consider her own.

Considering the fact that she had to accompany her to all of these lessons, Padmé was sure that the same discontent was being etched onto her own face. Still, she did not protest for a single reason- she didn?t want to admit to Lady DeBourgh that she was less than perfectly happy daydreaming and staring out the window lesson after lesson after lesson?

The saddest part was that not once did she complain. Sure, the young woman seemed to exude a pathetic sort of discontent, but not once did she open her mouth to speak out against the injustice of it all. There were a few times that Padmé had been sure that the moment had come when her friend would explode? but submissiveness always won out.

Every time she looked at the domineering woman who ran the household, though, the young mother knew exactly what caused the girl to remain silent.

?Are you happy here?? Padmé casually asked her one day as they enjoyed a rare moment relaxing. They were sitting under a shurra tree out in the orchard enjoying a warm day.

As always, Miss DeBourgh tried to smile in a content sort of way? but failed miserably. When her grimace was less than convincing, she tried to che
  11. nabooqueen2008 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice post! That was exciting! Thank you for the post. Can't wait for the next one.

~nabooqueen~
  12. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Padmé is a slider... not into other dimensions, but into new trouble ahead.

:rolleyes:

I hope she can trust this woman here. Certainly not the mother!
  13. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    First off I'm glad you're back! [face_dancing]

I get the feeling that Padme and Miss DeBough are going to get along just fine. [face_mischief]

Great post and thanks for the PM!
  14. queenberuthiel Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: A post! :p

So Padmé has a friend in Miss DeBourgh now. I'm happy for her.

Loved the chapter and eagerly await the next one, but don't strain yourself to get it up. Thanks for the PM.
  15. michaellover Jedi Knight

star 3
    poor thing, with the mother she has,is no wonder she is ready to high tail it out of there!!
  16. HandmaidenVeme Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor thing, her mother's smothering her. Hopefully being in Padme's company will give her more confidence to break free.

Glad to have you back AF :) !
  17. Laine_Snowtrekker Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Miss DeBourgh!! I hope she and Padme get along well.

Thanks for the PM.
  18. Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    So glad to have you back.:D The poor girl.
  19. angry_bendu1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just read through this whole thing and I absolutely love it. (A great distraction for when I should be finishing term papers and such!):D

Please add me to your pm list if you have one, and excellent job once again!=D=
  20. jedilegolas Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh YAY![face_dancing] An update!!!

I'm glad that Padme has a friend to confide in now... I hope Mrs. DeBourgh doesn't manipulate anything about Padme from her daughter.

Excellent update and welcome back!
  21. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My dear readers,

I apologize for my absence. I simply could not write when I was not in the mood to. Shortly after Valentines Day, there arose several personal issues that I had to take care of. They are being resolved right now, and I ask for your prayers as I continue to solve everything out. Rest assured, I and those closest to me are alright...

I am going to use this summer to write... a lot. My stories are far from done, and I hope to return with many more to share. I do not know how this summer is looking as of now, but I will let you know as to how I intend to go about my posting and such, but I am foreseeing a hiatus from about a week from now until July.

If you wish to be taken off my PM list, just let me know. I do not deserve your patience but will be pleased if you still have it :)

AnakinsFavorite
  22. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    First off, Darth Real Life has its ways of butting in at the wrong times (something I would know). :rolleyes:

But don't worry your readers are still here and anxiously awaiting for your return. [face_dancing]

I hope everything works out for you! [:D]
  23. nabooqueen2008 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't worry! We're all hear waiting patiently and anxiously (can that be in the same sentence?) Take your time!

~nabooqueen~
  24. anakin_luver Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i am so sorry that it took me so long to read your post...DRL has been on my trail as of late as well.

i'm so glad that they are both confiding in each other...i think they'll be good friends :D

and don't worry...i'll be here when you come back! eager to read the next post :D
  25. AnakinsFavorite Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author Replies:

nabooqueen2008: Thank you! My humblest apologies for the long amount of time in between posts! Thank you for the sweet words!

AzureAngel2: We shall find out who she can and cannot trust- but you know she?s gonna have to get into trouble in order to find that out! (And, yes, I agree- the mom cannot be trusted at all!)

randomangel22: Oh, yes, you know Miss DeBourgh is going to get thrown into some crazy scheme that involves a near-death situation? it will be good for her, though! Thank you for the nice words!

queenberuthiel: I think a post would be even more shocking after this long hiatus! Sorry about my absence? I?ve had an interesting time away.

michaellover: With the way you said that, you made me think back to my youth- I had quite the domineering mother! Miss DeBourgh is a character I shall certainly be writing from the heart!

HandmaidenVeme: Oh, but you know how that is going to cause strain there! Ah, well? it will be good for that character!

Laine_Snowtrekker: Oh, they will! Still, they have very different personalities here, so they will have to work together in order to see eye to eye?

Icecruncher_Amidala: Yes, poor sheltered Miss DeBourgh? she?ll get over her insecurities in all good time!

angry_bendu1: Hooray for distractions from school! I?m so glad you enjoyed this! Of course I?ll add you to my PM List!

jedilegolas: We shall have to see on that- after all, the ways of the enemy are mysterious!

anakin_luver: Oh, no- it?s cool! DRL has been quite unrelenting to me too! Yes, I see a great friendship in the making!

PM List: Just let me know if you wish to be added/removed...

laurethiel1138, Lady_JediSkywalker, anakin_luver, HandmaidenVeme, naadi, ChewieSkywalker, qtrhrs78, ehopepower, Laine_Snowtrekker, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, michaellover, jumpforjoy, penpadme, jedi7, HCzGIRL481, Mirik, TahiriVeilaSolo69, rb657062, jedilegolas, CallistaSkywalker85, Onoto, Jazz_Skywalker, Jedi_Kassandra, AzureAngel2, hokiejedi_09, ImperialRemnant, Darth_Drachonus, walker_of_the_skies, shookie, lady_sapphire, JediMasterJessica, nabooqueen2008, Icecruncher_Amidala, angry_bendu1
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.