main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sensible Soccer

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by FatBurt, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Sensible Soccer was a great in Football Management sims of the 1990's.

It had fans in the millions and numerous contests to see who was the best player (Between friends at least).

The game was a legend of epic proportions which died an untimely death after SWOS in 1996/1997 when Sensible software failed to capitalise on it's success.

This has changed however.

Codemasters (Sensible Softwares publishers) have released details on

Sensible Soccer 2006

All Sensi fans can now rejoice in it's triumphant return.

It had better be good.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'll wait for the new "Kick Off".

:p

3. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Aaw. This is great news! I loved that game :D

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    keep it as it was, just re-release it

i don't like the depth that the championship manager series started going into after champ manager 2. Sensible soccer was perfect, the opportunity to be a player manager was awesome, and the gameplay frustratingly addictive, in a good way.

Before i picked up sensi 95/96, or maybe 94/95, i had this demo disk for the amiga which allowed you to take over a team called dead xi, you had a varying budget, which would change randomly, and from that you had to build your team up. Those days i'd always get either schmeichel, bosnich, seaman or flowers in goal, though flowers was the most expensive generally at 2.25 million (hahaha). THen there were about 10 teams to play against, Gotham City, Famous Addicts, that's all i can remember. And it was practically a game itself, as it was nigh on impossible to win all the games, awesome game that i'll never forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.