Abq Sep 22 - Our Next Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ChromiumTHC, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is just a notice that our next meeting will be held at Page One books on Juan Tabo & Montgomery at 11am on September 22nd (Sunday). We'll be holding a short meeting only a half hour to an hour or so, and then later in the afternoon we'll be doing our costuming workshop (location to be disclosed.)
    We'll be posting up a necessary materials list in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled for that.
  2. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    i gotta get out and get my costuming stuff. im way too lazy.
  3. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmmmmmm I gotta go out and buy some black stretchy pants for my MJ costume. I gots my Padmé Dress costume! Yay!
  4. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    The picnic one? Where'd you get it?

Aaron, oh lightsaber master, did you have to use 1 1/4 " PVC on yours? The only "ingredients" I'm missing are that and a friggin' D-ring which is impossible to find! :_|
  5. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    yesh the picnic one. I got it at Hobby Lobby by Hastings for like 2.49! pretty cheap if u ask me!!!!!!!!
  6. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wook, I have some extra PVC 1 1/4". I believe its what you need.
    I bought some for mine and they only let me buy it in like a 10 foot section, so I had them cut it down into 4 pieces. Only 1 of which I needed.
  7. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wook, I've got some PVC around here somewhere. If you need it, it's yours. Which saber are you building? I can keep an eye out for a D-ring for you.
  8. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Chrome,Aaron. I may take one of you up on the offer. I'm (attempting) Saber style six (say that 3 times fast!) The D ring in the instructions is fastened to a metal plating...the only one I found at Home Depot was just the ring.

Lady Naby...$2.49! That's pretty good! Is it the pattern that has Anakin's robe on it too?
  9. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    It does not have his robe on it, it is a pattern that you can make 3 dresses. I'm making one of the 3. Here is the link, it's the yellow dress http://www.simplicity.com/designFrame.cfm?designId=7050&design=5843
  10. Padawan_Ken0bi Jedi Knight

Errrrr. .
    Now I must go by fabric. . .which I have yet had a chance to do! o_O Unfortantly no body wants to take me out in my home. . .
    ;_; Sad, how I wish I could drive. . .MST! You must go with meeeeeeee.
  11. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHA! teenagers who cant drive!

sorry had to say that
  12. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going to be buying my fabrics this coming week. Anyone got any suggestions on what I should look out for? BTW we're still looking for a source for good boots. (Well if not good, at least cheap.)
  13. Mst_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I shall come with you Padawan! It is my honor to help my Master, who is strangly enough named Padawan, find her fabric.
  14. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Chrome: If you haven't already bought your material, just look for stuff that flows well and is not too bulky. I often just touch different fabrics until I find what I want, or what I think will work the best.
    Wool is good also. I think that's what the costume designers used for the ones on the movies. Of course it's not too practical for summer, but you may not need it for summer anyway.
  15. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm worried that we're all not as ready as we should be for this costuming workshop. Do you think we should put it off for another month (Just in time for Halloween). Just trying to get some opinions here.
  16. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    ya, im pry not going to have anything at the rate im going
  17. Mst_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not going to be here in a month *cries* this sucks!!! Well Whit I guess you wont have to worry about your lack of material and you won't have to make your other outfit at the meeting....
  18. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think we should go ahead with it, maybe on a smaller scale for now? Do some brainstorming, layouts etc. Mst_Anakin is ready and she won't be here later.
    But, if everyone else feels we should wait, that is fine as well. If we do, when should we resechedule? Our October meeting? If we haven't been able to find a place to do this, then of course that makes everything moot anyway. :) We need to get a consensus this week since our meeting is Sunday. Also, we could do our brainstorming, etc at our regular meeting, everyone bring plain paper to design outfits, etc...get other's opinions on stuff.

Do we postpone our workshop until October and have our regular meeting at 3PM? or continue with our workshop this Sunday as planned?
  19. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't have anything ready either. I've been looking all over for some black boots. I don't want to spend hundreds for a pair of motorcycle boots. I still don't know what kind of costume to make. I thought I wanted to make a cloak and wear regular clothes under. But then I got the 12" Dooku and started liking his outfit. I just can't decide. I'm sure the money choice will win!
  20. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    If we decide to go ahead with it this Sunday , I'll go ahead and offer up my place to have it. But it's up to y'all if you want to postpone it until next month. I'm fine either way.

I'll give my address and directions at the meeting...although that might be difficult for those who have rides dropping them off at Page One.

21. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well maybe we can do a little mini costuming thing then. I have the parts to my lightsaber, I just need to pick up a riveter and a dremel.
    As far as material or plans are concerned I'm stuck there.
    I can try to go Friday or Saturday afternoon and look for material.
    You're all also always welcome at my humble abode. I have all my Star Wars figs up on my walls, so it's a neat thing to see.
    Well keep posting and we'll figure something out by this weekend :)
  22. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I haven't had a chance to go looking for boots either, but that is all I'm really lacking as far as my costume, except for a new pair of pants, but I can pick them up cheap at WalMart. So, whatever everyone else decides is fine by me. Do you think anyone else may show up that may have seen the ad in the Bubincon program? If we assume that no one is going to respond to the ad, then we could meet somewhere else.
    Do we still want to meet early at Page One then relocate to either Wook's or Chromie's place? I personally would like to maybe have a mini-workshop to see how to put a lightsaber together and do brainstorming on costumes for those of us who don't have a lot of ideas of what to make.
  23. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Chrome - I have a Dremel tool, but not a riveter. I think Aaron said he had one we might be able to borrow. I wouldn't mind working on my lightsaber as well. My costume is pretty much done except for the cape.

I'd like to see your figures too!!! :)

I think a mini workshop for those who want to either brainstorm, work on lightsabers etc. is a good idea. Just to get things going. Depending on how many people show up,
    I have plenty of room, but Chrome's display may be more interesting. Another thing, I have a dog and a two year old - both friendly but they both might want to hang around people. Don't know if that's a problem.
  24. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    The only question then it seems is how much work Erin needs to do on her costume, and if it warrants a sewing machine or what not.
  25. Mst_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have to make my robe....and thats it then I'll be done with my outfit but I dont have to do that, I'll be able to do that later without a problem so you dont have to do anything involving that...but thanks you guys for trying to figure out a way for me to do it *is happy* :)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.