main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN SEP 30th - the big third meeting!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I thought I'd start a new post for the next meeting since we may have some new people drop by the boards for the first time. I saw several names on the sign up sheet at Media Play, so that's a good sign.

So, the third meeting (which will make us an official FanForce chapter) will be held at Chili's (downtown Chattanooga) on September 30th at 7:00pm. Let me know if any of this is wrong. At this meeting, we will finalize our FanForce name, try to come up with a time/place for the next meeting (and possibly a schedule for the months to come), and choose a rep to announce meetings and be the general "go to" person that people can contact if they have any questions.

DrthMrl also suggested we have a theme for each meeting. For instance, the Hothlanta Rebels had a "post DragonCon" meeting where they shared stories and brought their treasures from the con (which they are heavily involved with). Since the Classic Trilogy is out on DVD TODAY, DrthMrl suggested we could maybe do a show and tell type thing where we bring in our favorite classic trilogy thing (book, toy, picture... whatever). Now, Chili's might not be the best place for this, but it's an option or maybe something we could do at the next one. Actually, the next one might be better suited to a Halloween theme where we could dress up. Maybe a meet to go to a haunted house or something? Ack! Here I am throwing out this stuff I should be bringing up at the meeting! Sorry.

2. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I think a themed meeting is a great idea. Maybe the fourth meeting would be a good one to bring a classic trilogy thing along with dressing up for Halloween. I offer up my house in Cleveland for a dressup meeting/cookout. I have a big backyard that's great for a cookout and bonfire.

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That sounds awesome, southern! I went ahead and Pm'ed Minacia right when I got home last night with our information for our third meeting so everything's as caught up as can be in that regard :D I'm so excited guys! One more till we're official! I think a Halloween bonfire/cookout thing would be awesome. Especially on Sunday night or something. We get out of church around 7 ish on Sunday evening so that's when we'd be able to be there. Speaking of recruits glad you guys got more! Sorry I had to leave so early -- I was kinda mad about it too because I didn't even have hardly anything to do today at work and wound up getting off half day again :p OH well. More time to go get my haircut and grab the DVD's ;)

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Well, guys, I may not be able to make it to the meeting on the 30th. We'll see...but my hubby made plans and didn't tell me until today. :mad:
    If I can, I will, but I just won't know for a few more days. I think he may be getting another lecture pretty soon...

5. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    How does the weekend before Halloween sound for the cookout/dress-up party?

Sarka, I hate to hear that. Should we look at shifting the Chili's meeting to a different day next week?

Layren, lucky you. I put the DVDs on my birthday list, which is next week. Try not to enjoy them too much before then. :p

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    The only other day I could do anything next week would be Sunday or Friday afternoon/evenings. But don't worry about changing it just on my account. If Thursday works better for everyone, then do it. If another day does, then do it. Do or do not....um, I mean, don't worry about me, I'll try to make it to the Thursday meeting, but just not sure yet. :)

The weekend before Halloween...the 23rd? hmm....I think it sounds OK. Of course, I don't have anything to dress up in...can I still come? I'll bring chips or something?!? Can we start talking about time for this event?

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Was the sign-up sheet picked up from Media Play? That may be the only drawback of changing the day as we don't know if anyone new might come. Hopefully we can make contact with everyone who signed up before that.

8. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Maybe we should keep the Thursday meeting then. But I hope you are able to make it Sarka. :)

9. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    How does Oct. 15/16, or 29/30 sound for the cookout/dress-up? Halloween is Erin's birthday so we'll be celebrating ghosts and goblins along with having birthday cake that day. [face_pumpkin]

10. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to the next meeting and getting some ideas going.

However, I do have some exciting yet somewhat bittersweet news. I have just been offered, and I have accepted, a really good new job in Nashville. I'll be moving there next month. I'm really excited about this new opportunity, but I also was really thrilled with helping to get this group up and running. I've really liked meeting everyone.

I'll still be around on these message boards and the good news is that I will have weekends off so I could still come to meetings if there are some on Fridays or Saturdays. I would still like to consider Chattooine my "home" FanForce. That is, if that's okay with everyone.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know. MTFBWY!

11. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Matt, I'm gonna miss you at work. But I'm happy too you're escaping the insane asylum. :p And it's a good opportunity for you.

I hope you're able to come to the meetings despite the distance. May the Force be with you in Nashville, my friend.

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwww sorry to see you go Matt! Tim and I wish you the best of luck with your new job! That's the whole reason we moved here in the first place -- his job. I hope everything works out for you! [:D]

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Congrats obi on the new job! Congrats and good luck. Moving next month, eh? Whew! Looks like you'll be busy! Anyway, like everyone else has said, you'll always be welcome in Chattooine. I suppose you have the option of checking out Nashville After Darth, but I KNOW we can take them in mini-golf! See ya on Thursday.

14. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Obi--that's great about your new job! Hope things work out for you....sorry to see you go though. Let us know if we can help you pack or something...good meeting idea! lol

I picked up the sign-up list from MediaPlay the next day. There are about 6 contacts (mostly emails) on the list. Who wants a copy of the info on this list? Do we have someone in particular that is keeping up with all this? Sorry--I forgot to mention I had the list before. :)

30th is not good--our church is having a Fall Festival/Craft Show that evening, so I'll be busy all day.

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Since Halloween is on a Sunday, do the kids trick or treat on Saturday? I never remember these things. If so, then I think the 30th (October) might also not be good for me as well. I suppose we can work all this out this Thursday where it might be a little easier to get everyone's opinions.

Also, I honestly haven't started on any logos or anything. If you happen to have something, please bring it with you. At least it'll be a start.

We also need to contact those that signed up at Media Play to see if they'd like to go to Chili's this Thursday. Since they put down e-mail addresses, maybe they have reasonable access to the internet to where we can try to get them to here (the boards). Monthly meetings are great, but I think to keep an active roster (mainly new members) we need to try to keep them "active" on the boards during the month. Just my opinion. Anyway, hope to see everyone who can make it on Thursday!

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Hey Sarka if you don't mind would you send me a list of the names with e-mail addresses and such I'll see about e-mailing everyone tomorrow night as a reminder. I can't wait to see you all again! Remind me again which Chili's we're going to -- there's one up here in North Hixson so I know it's not that one ;)

17. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well... it's been a long time in the making, but tomorrow will make it official. My wife and kids will be tagging along. That got to me to wondering... should we put in a reservation? Do we know how many will be coming? My group will have 4. Anyway, just throwing that out there in case we need to make any arrangments. I'd hate if we were all there but some were "here" and some were "there", etc.

"20 minute wait?" (waves hand) "We don't need to wait 20 minutes."
    hostess: "You don't need to wait 20 minutes."
    "You will take us to our table now."
    hostess: "I will take you to your table now.".
    "You serve your Chili's well, and you will be rewarded, er.. tipped."

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Yeah that's a good idea Vesper -- we should reserve us a table. Me and my hubby will both be there so that's two plus your family. Sheesh this'll be a big party and right at 7:00 the busiest time usually in restaurants so let's go ahead and make reservations.

19. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I will NOT be able to make it Thursday night. Sorry guys--I'm such a bum. But I'll be sure to make it to the next one! Are we still talking about something around Halloween?

20. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Don't sweat it SarkaVrae... I think we all know how life gets in the way of the important things. LOL. Yeah, it'll be easier to set something up that most (hopefully all) can agree on as a good date for the next meeting. Actually, the next meeting will be the first officially recognized meeting of the "Chattooine Mountain Brigade". That is... if we're still going with that. By the way, in "Chattooine", should there be two "o's" or just one?

21. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I was up in Michigan this weekend visiting family and catching up at work.

I'm pumped for tonight! We're gonna be official :)

I would use two "o"s in Chattooine. What does everyone else think?

I'm sorry you can't make it Sarka. We'll look forward to seeing you at the next meeting. :)

Let's think about a fourth meeting in October on the weekend, doing something Halloween related, whether it's a cookout at my place or, I know of a neat sounding corn maze near Ooltewah.

22. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Well I tried to make reseverations for us -- after calling Vesper since I couldn't recall exactly which location we were going to -- but they don't take reservations but the guys said if I call 30 minutes before we get there and tell them how many we're going to have then maybe we can get a table faster that way. So I did try lol. Oh well. Some places just don't.

As for Halloween -- I'm for a cookout and a bonfire. It'll probably be cool enough by then :D

23. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I changed my mind.....I'm leaning toward one "o" on Chattoine. Silly me. :p

24. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    But that's not how you spell Tatooine :p

25. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    You say Tatooine, I say Chattoine.