SEP 30th - the big third meeting!

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by Vesper2112, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Well you say it wrong and I say it right so there :p

Edit -- Plus you just went up to yankeetown so maybe their speech and spelling is affecting you or something :p
  2. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL! I think Layren is right! There should be 2 "o"s in Chattooine. First of all, it's right. Secondly, that's how Tattooine is spelled. And thirdly, people might not say it right if we only put one "o" in it. :)

Mos Nooga Cantina, Chattooine

How's that for a suggestion?
  3. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    OK guys I let them know we were coming! I reserved a table for 10 in my name since they needed a last name. Anyway so hope to see you guys soon!
  4. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    i wish i could go but i have to wok. im in the works for getting the 30th off though. with luck i should be able to go to the party. its still planned for the 30th yes...?
  5. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Actually, I thikn we decided the 29th would work better. The 30th will be when all the trick and treating will happen (since the 31st in on a Sunday). I think Sunday was out (but I forget why) and Friday seemed good to everyone at the time.
  6. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    what time on friday? i might be able to get off work a l;ittle early to make it...
  7. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    I pm'ed Minacia our info -- the next meeting is Friday the 29th at Southernjedi's house at 7.
  8. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll pm everyone directions to my house closer to the meeting.
  9. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    SO.....how was the 3rd meeting? Did we have enough show up for it to count as official? Did you guys have a good time? What did you do (other than eat)?
  10. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK... I guess we forgot to really say much about it! LOL. Sorry 'bout that! Scret meeting stuff, you know...

Really, we had enough for it to be official. We actually had 10 people there, but "officially" it only counted as 4. Anyway, I thought it was great. I think the more we can get together as a group, the stronger our group will be. I think the cookout at southernjedi's later this month will really let us get to know each other more. Anyway... the meeting. We talked about some names for our group and decided to hold off and take a vote maybe in 2 weeks. We also tossed around a few ideas for a logo for our eventual website (in which obivolkenobi's wife volunteered to help us out with). Then we decided to meet up for a Halloween type cookut thing at southernhedi's house. We talked some about playing the Star Wars Role Playing Game, but none of us have the books yet, so I'm trying to see if I can get a deal off eBay to start us off with. If anything, I have the miniatures game which will at least give us an idea of how the combat element of the RPG goes. (whew!). I guess that's it. Anything I forgot?
  11. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    I was elected Chapter Rep -- but we decided to hold off on the other offices until later. Speaking of, Minacia contacted me today finally and said that she'd get our stuff about being an official chapter together as soon as she could and to give her about a day or two.
  12. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome guys! So we are official! How cool is that??!!?
    So, we are looking at Friday, the 29th for our next meeting? What time are we thinking? Do we need to have everyone bring something different (chips, drinks, etc)?
    I've already met several people at work that are total SW fans and are VERY interested in coming to a meeting, and I think that a cook-out type meeting will be a great event for new people b/c they can get to know us and all.
    Anyway, thanks for filling me in!
    *scurries away to mark the 29th as "full" on her husband's planner*
  13. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    I think everybody should bring something that way poor Jason won't have to provide for all of us. We can all bring a dessert, a bag of chips, and a coke. That shouldn't be too hard. Things for roasting marshmallows would be fun specially if we're going to have a bonfire. :D
  14. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yeah, the 29th will be here before we know it. I'm thinking Layren or soythernjedi should start a new post about it where we can start planning as to what we could bring and what will be talked about, etc. I know southernjedi wouldn't want to post his address on here, but as it gets closer to the date, anyone interested (new people) could contact our new city rep (Layren) to get the address at that time, or all your work people could get it from you SarkaVrae. Cool! Hopefully, I'll have the finishing touches of my costume done by then.
  15. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    what we should do is start a thread asking for everyone that is going. from there the address can be emailed out to who is going. im looking forword to meeting those i didnt at Media-Play. i have some vintage star wars games that i can bring so we have a few extra activites to play.
  16. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Ask and ye shall receive vesper. The thread is up for the halloween meeting. I actually had a fun idea for something to do for a Christmas party. Don't ask why I thought of it, I just did. Anyway I thought of a star wars themed dirty santa gift exchange :D I know it's nowhere close to Christmas yet but I wanted to go ahead and post it and get a feel for a general reaction to it. Plus I didn't want to forget ;) Can't wait to see you guys on the 29th!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.