main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Separate Lives- An A/P AU NEW CHAPTER 31 UPDATED 3/8/2010 :) !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediAffairs, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    JediAffairs--I am so glad the story is not forgotten! As you can see a lot of people want to see it completed. I hope you feel better soon and please keep me on the list. @};-

2. Arwen4CJ

Arwen4CJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2009
    Well.....I have not had time to read this whole thing yet, but it definitely looks interesting. So Padme and Anakin are divorced, and it doesn't sound like Anakin has turned to the dark side.......

I'll definitely want to keep reading this.

3. PADMELUV

PADMELUV Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2006

Don't bother...this fic is as good as dead! LOL The author of this went went MIA due to writer's block

4. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    See? There is no writer's block. This story is not dead. Its just on a hiatus. Jedi will return (no pun intended...who I am kidding? Yes it was)

5. break2neck

break2neck Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2010
    I love this story!!!! Add me to the list please!!! Just cant wait to read more!!!! Cliffhangers... phewww cant wait

6. JediAffairs

JediAffairs Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    I'm back!! For anyone who is still interested, the next chapter should be put up later today or tomorrow at the latest!!

7. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay! I can't wait

8. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    *doing the snoopy dance*

9. JediAffairs

Aug 8, 2005
    Chapter 30

Luke shifted impatiently from foot to foot as he looked up at the tall man speaking quietly to his mother. It seemed like a lifetime since the four of them made their way into this small room, and he was getting anxious. He glanced over at Leia, but she wasn't paying any attention to him or the conversation. Instead, she sat looking bored, blowing every so often at a stray curl that had worked it's way out of her hairclip. How could she be so calm and relaxed when they had come so far and their Daddy was so close? Why was everything taking so long?

He reminded himself a jedi was to have patience and turned back to study the man some more in an effort to distract himself and gain control. Drew, as he introduced himself, was slightly taller than Anakin but had almost the same build. His head was shaved and he had bright blue eyes and a friendly smile. Luke thought he seemed nice and was curious to ask him some questions. Just as he thought he couldn't take waiting another minute, the man turned from their mother and motioned for him to come closer as he began speaking to Leia.

"I'll be taking you up to your father's suite of rooms now and I'd like to know if you have any questions before we go. Your father spent a long time in the surgery and he is still working on getting better. That means he'll be sleeping a lot and when he is awake, he may not seem like himself right away because of all the medication and things we're doing to help him. There is also a lot of strange looking equipment in the room that may seem scary, but it's all there for his benefit. There is nothing to be upset about or afraid of. Do you understand?"

The twins looked at one another and smiled. "Mr. Drew?" Leia began, "Luke and I have been to the healers wing more times than probably any of the other younglings at the temple. We know all about the equipment. We'll be okay."

"Oh, good then. But if there is anything you're not familiar with or if you do think of a question, feel free to ask. That's what I'm here for."

"There is one thing I'm wondering about," Luke tilted his head as he studied the man.

"Ask away."

"Was it embarrassing when that little girl out there smacked you like that in front of everybody?"

Padme sounded mortified as she tried to quiet Luke, but Drew just laughed and ruffled his hair.

"We're going to get along good, Luke Skywalker. Now lets go see your father."

Obi Wan listened to the rhythmic sound of Anakin's assisted breathing and sighed. Padme and the twins were here. He could feel them. He wondered if Anakin was aware of their presence, even in his sleep. Had he done the right thing in giving her the journals? If the question had come up the day before, he would have answered absolutely, positively yes. But after seeing Anakin's reaction to the news, he wasn't so sure. It would be easy enough to shrug it off as a side effect of the trauma he'd been through and when his health improved, he'd see the good it did. But Obi Wan wasn't convinced that Anakin was as foggy as the medics expected him to be. He seemed quite lucid when he was fretting over Padme's reaction. Something about the situation just didn't add up and he hoped to have a chance to clear things up with him before he spoke to his family.

Patting Anakin's hand, he spoke softly. "She loves you. You hear me? It's going to work out. Don't say anything stupid and mess it up."

He heard the door behind him followed by a rush of footsteps and then Luke's voice.

"Daddy! Uncle Obi Wan! We're here!"

Luke skidded to a stop at the side of the bed, the look of confusion growing on his face as he studied his father. Leia reached out for his hand as she came to stand with him. Obi Wan stepped back to greet Padme with a hug and the two of them watched as the twins adjusted to Anakin's appearance.

After awhile, Leia reached out and gently touched the stubble of hair that was growing in on Anakin's head, letting her hand trail down his unusually pale cheek.

"How did Daddy

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Anakin seems to be on the mend.

11. hokiejedi_09

hokiejedi_09 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2006
    OMG!!!! an update for my favorite story. I never gave up and and I was not disappointed! Great update and I cant wait to see (read :) ) what happens next!!! MY WITHDRAWL IS OVER!!! ;)

12. HCzGIRL481

HCzGIRL481 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 10, 2007
    OMG! Great come-back chapter!! This is one of my all-time favorite stories=D=

13. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    Excellent update. Welcome back, I wanna stay

14. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    First off let me say that I'm absolutely thrilled to see this wonderful fic back up and running. I was starting to get a little nervous- however, great start back and I definitely can't wait to see what all the fuss is about over the unread part of the journal... I do hope things continue to be alright.

15. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :) Definitely keep me on the PM list...

Rachel Rose@};-

16. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Hi there, don't ususally post all too often, but I just found this story last week. With my schedule being hectic, getting any time to read it is a blessing. And to read such a story... my God! =D=

I love any story with all four Skywalkers living together, even though you began the fic with a messy divorce, the mear fact that they are all alive is comforting to say the least.

One thing I am glad that I didn't have to wait the long time between updates - but now I will gladly join the list of those waiting on pins and needles (I already do for another excellent story anyway).

If you could add me to the PM list, it would nice.

Thank you for your personal commitment to this story and for giving all of us who read it something to look forward to.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

17. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    I was thrilled to find a PM on this story. I look forward to the next chapter.

18. irydionlover

irydionlover Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't logged in for a lifetime and what do I find? AN UPDATE!!! yayyyy!!![face_dancing]
    of course my interest in this fic never ended...it is too good to give up attention! I don't remember everything well, but I think I'm gonna read this again from the start in these days =)
    omg, please don't let that missing part in the journals ruin everything!! REUNION, REUNION!![face_praying]
    I'm happy that your health is better now, that was the most important thing to care about for you. thanks for updating me about your story, I'll definitely check it out more often now...can't wait for the last secrets to be unfold!! :)

19. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Welcome back!! [:D]

I don't get in here too much anymore but was delighted to find an update to this story.

Padme says what she will find in the journal won't matter- let's hope it doesn't.

Looking forward to the next update!

20. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Welcome back, and please update more regularly! =D=

"Of course it is!" the nurse announced as she nudged Padme and Obi Wan out of the way. "Being a little ornery again, Master Skywalker? If you pull out these tubes on your own, you're going to set back your recovery. You don't want to do that now, do you? I met your children in the hall. They're adorable and very anxious to have their father back. Now, take a deep breath and then blow it out."

Padme and Obi Wan looked at each other in shock when Anakin merely nodded. Within a few minutes, the tubes were removed and his medication was administered. The nurse chastised him some more for his actions and told him he better think twice before hurting himself again. She smiled sweetly, but her words were stern as she pointed a finger at him.

"If the Hero with No Fear were to die of his own stupidity on my watch, it wouldn't look good for me. If I have to resuscitate you, I'll make you regret it. Got it?"

Sounds like a nurse. :rolleyes:

I too am a little concerned about what she might read in the journals. Anakin seems to think it's significant and could impair their relationship. And speaking of which, what happened to Anakin's girlfriend? I have no ill will towards her, but of course I want A/P together so I hope you can work her nicely out of his life. :D

21. JediAffairs

Aug 8, 2005
    Thank you all for the replies and for sticking with me and this story!! I don't have time for individual replies (figure you'd rather have the next chapter) but please know that all of your comments mean the world to me and help keep me going. [face_love]

This next chapter is a little long and is completely from Anakin's journal. Padme's reaction and Ismay's arrival will be coming soon!!

As always, thanks in advance for reading, replying and I hope you enjoy it!!

Chapter 31

I touched the dark side of the force today...for the first time since my ordeal with Palpatine. Well, that deeply anyway.

One thing The Order learned from that dark time is that dealing in absolutes can be very dangerous. They thought it was strictly a sith trait, but they were wrong. Over the years, the Jedi had become just as narrow minded and short sighted as the sith were, only, they couldn't see it. They were under the assumption that their way of doing things was superior because they focused on the light side of the force. Their rigid refusal to change or see things any other way than their own almost brought about their destruction.

The sith were truly evil, no doubt. But the Jedi were not the perfect opposite by any means. It's ironic that I, the Chosen One, brought balance to the force by going against some of their most sacred teachings. I was meant to do all that I did then. And today.

I don't fool myself into believing for one minute that I can completely ignore the dark side of myself. That would be unnatural. Just as denying the breath in my lungs or the love in my heart would be. Keeping control of those dark emotions and not embracing them as a way of life is the key. If one never feels sadness, how do they know when they are happy? The same principle applies to the force. We must immerse ourselves in the light but remain aware of the darkness.

As I've grown in the light, the darkness seems much further removed now, as it should. But it always remains just below the surface. It must not be forgotten or taken for granted.

No, I don't regret what I did today. Not one bit. As before, my actions were because of her. For her. And that is something I will not apologize for. Ever.

I know most normal beings can't wait for the day of rest after a long week. Not me. At least, not when the twins are with Padme. When they are with me, we often stay up a little too late the night before playing silly games or camping out in the living room. Usually the night isn't complete until one of the twins remarks 'If Mommy could see this, we'd all be in trouble.' Then it's my turn to wink and say 'What Mommy doesn't know, won't hurt her.' The twins always find that funny and we end up having a good laugh. It's not like we're doing anything horrible. Padme just frowns on so much these days.

I love my children more than I ever would have thought possible and I try to be a good father. So what if we play with water blasters in the house? Water dries eventually. Who cares if we jump on the bed? Why make them so springy if we aren't meant to jump on them anyway? The twins always get fed well even if we do eat on the good furniture sometimes. And I always make sure they are bathed and presentable. Especially after we make mud pies in the sink or one of our experiments explodes all over us.

Building a volcano out of chocolate ice cream and cherry soda was just a bad idea, I admit. But no one got hurt and we even got the gum out of Leia's hair without having to cut it. We still smile when we look up at the stain on the ceiling. I guess eventually I'll paint over it but it makes me happy. It reminds me of good times with my twins- especially when I'm pacing around this lonely, empty apartment on a rest day they aren't here.

When Padme has them for the week, I immerse myself in work at the temple. At least I get to see them during the day. It keeps me from going crazy. Rest days without them are just plain torture. Like yesterday. I woke up comfortable in my bed, much too early, listening to

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Padme shouldn't have kept her attempted rape a secret and she certainly shouldn't have made the twins keep a secret either.

23. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Nice update. Really nice update. Can't wait for the next one.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

24. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    you have me on the edge of my seat... I can't wait to see what happens next.

25. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    hmmmm... methinks Anakin going to do something really really bad...

Rachel Rose@};-