main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Separate Lives - AU COPL, Han, Chewie, Leia, Luke, etc. - angst- COMPLETED!/Replies!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great ending post Great One! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading more of your work! :)

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    "Leia, will you marry me?"

"Let me think about it."

;) At least you didn't let her pretend to turn him down flat.

"Can I get up now? My knee is starting to hurt."

Gettin' old, Solo? [face_laugh]

A great ending to a great story, O GreatOne! So 'Rasti' was the twin of Isolder's lover. Yes, she'll make a good Queen Mother.

And you even let 'Arica' ponder why she didn't blast the accursed Jedi. :D

Lookiee! I'm at the top of the list of repliers. Surely it's not because I click on your story first thing in the morning. Now what will I have to look forward to? How many hours before you start posting your next fic? :p

3. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Loved it!

4. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Great Job GreatOne!!! I think we should have a big bonfire and burn all copies of COPL. Your version was much better. Come to think of it, there are a couple of EU books that I wouldn't mind burning in that bonfire...

I've got your next plot bunny. Rewrite the EU :p

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Another great story. I can't believe how fast you turn them out. Looking forward to the next story. :)

6. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Awwww...I was so disapointed when I saw that it was completed! I just wanted it to keep going, and going, and going. But that's because it was so awesome!! Thank you so much, Greatone!

7. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Ah, THERE was 'Arica' and she just couldn't do it, huh? She couldn't kill the cute li'l Jedi! :D Hmm, now you realize you've made this an AU, in that I'm SURE Luke would recognize Mara, even without her disguise, when he sees her again. So, what I'm trying to say here (and help me out, Kazzy, Michele, and all you other L/M lovers out there) is...

WE WANT A SEQUEL!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I loved Luke telling them about the twins and then he and Chewie threatening Han to get him to ask Leia to marry him! And then he goes, "Kiss her, Han!" [face_laugh]

I can just picture Leia in that red dress and her and Han getting married among the tall trees of Kashyyyk. **sigh** [face_love]

Oh, and you sure had us fooled with Sil'aeyn, didn't you?! :eek: Evil witch! She and Isolder deserve one another! :mad:

=D= =D= Wonderful, wonderful story, MarySue...and you didn't even hurt Lukie in this one! [face_laugh] :)

To Kazzy: Hmmm. Well, that's interesting. I've seen the next chapter of Sleight of Hand, and it's very good (excellent in fact), but...

;) I said in the next chapter or TWO. I wasn't sure where I was gonna end the chapter I just sent you...and I couldn't resist that evil cliffie anyway! :D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful ending. But it is over? WAAAAA! You better start on your next project soon, like today.

Loved this exchange:

"Chewie.... Luke...." Leia started out. "Would you please show Han the necessity of asking?"

*Would you like another spanking?* Chewie woofed in response.

"Hell no!"

"Would you like me to hold you unside down using the Force, and shoot Force-lightning at you?" Luke inquired, his face an expression of farm-boy innocence.

"NO!"

*Then ask. Now!* Chewie ordered.

Solo slid out of his chair, dropping to one knee between the back seats, glancing over at Chewie and Luke. "This isn't very private."

"Ask," Leia commanded in her most regal, Princess-like voice.

"Leia, will you marry me?"

"Let me think about it."

Loved Luke's offer of help, he's such a gentleman, isn't he? Han and Leia were just priceless, but I think Chewie may be the highlight of the whole thing! A wonderful job! So, 'waht your next project? Hmmmm. Hint, hint...

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah! Nice ending. Who needs to spend money on a pregnancy test when your brother is a Jedi? ;)

May you have nice plot bunnies.

10. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow. I saw "COMPLETED" and I was like "Already?!??!" But it's a nice happy ending all around. No need to blow anything (which is good because I've just procurred a giant thermal detonator from another story). Bravo.

RogueTerrorist **||** Protecting H/L from fanfic authors everywhere

11. Solo_but_not_alone

Solo_but_not_alone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    Giant thermal detenators? Uh oh...
    innocent whistle and sidestep

Great job GreatOne! I followed it daily and you never failed to surprise and delight! Thanks for writing such a great story with such wonderful potential of offshoots.. If..ya know..you wanted to write more...or something.

12. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So, what I'm trying to say here (and help me out, Kazzy, Michele, and all you other L/M lovers out there) is...

WE WANT A SEQUEL!!!!!!!

Definitely!! A L/M sequel, with a side plot of Han & Leia having the twins. (If Han-lover LadyPadme can write a good L/M romance, so can you.)

And I've got to say, that last scene in the Falcon was the best one of the whole story. I loved how Luke and Chewie pushed Han down on one knee to propose. Of course, Han isn't the only one who needs reprimanding for past behavior. If Leia hadn't married Isolder in the first place, H&L could've married long ago.

13. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Another great story!

14. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Ooh, great ending! So, they still have the twins in this AU. I love it! Fabulous story, GreatOne! :D

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    TiaRaye - And you managed to give Han everything he ever wanted in the end - :D - Did you really think I'd leave my Corellian alone and unhappy? ;)

starwarsfan68 - Can't wait for your next story. No rush though!!! - :eek: - Good thing! I'm fresh out of ideas. :_|

LovelyLea - Thank you for reading! :)

Jedi-2B - At least you didn't let her pretend to turn him down flat. - hehe. But she did have to tease him just a little.... bad Leia! [face_devil] - So 'Rasti' was the twin of Isolder's lover. Yes, she'll make a good Queen Mother. - :D - Isolder got to marry a gal, just like the gal.... that married dear old dad.... (that was a very old song I remember hearing some quartet sing... I'm really not quite THAT old!) [face_laugh] How many hours before you start posting your next fic? - uhhhhh..... *racks brain for a new story line* And you even let 'Arica' ponder why she didn't blast the accursed Jedi - So your guess that Arica was the regular Mara, out to get Luke, was the right guess all along!

owphoenix - Thank you!!! :)

starsailor721 - I think we should have a big bonfire and burn all copies of COPL - LOL! Except for the fact mine is a hardback and I really like the cover! [face_laugh] - Rewrite the EU - The entire EU??? :eek: - I sorta did rewrite NJO anyway! :p

darkladyhannasolo- Looking forward to the next story - Eek! I guess I will have to start thinking very, very hard! [face_laugh]

Laura_Anu - I just wanted it to keep going, and going, and going. - Just like that Energizer Bunny?? *darn! Another bunny!*

kayladie97 - THERE was 'Arica' and she just couldn't do it, huh? She couldn't kill the cute li'l Jedi! hehe. I'll have you know that I really DID write Mara in just for you! And when Jedi-2B suggested she be a waitress..... well.... :D WE WANT A SEQUEL!!!!!!! - I haven't written a sequel to any of my stories, except the very first one (which was really cruddy). I just can never think of how to continue things after The End! Oh, and you sure had us fooled with Sil'aeyn, didn't you?!Evil witch! She and Isolder deserve one another - LOL! I did really want to fool everyone into thinking Sil'aeyn was soooo sweet! But I gave hints that Rasti was related! They both were beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed.... *grins wickedly* And Leia never SAW Sil'aeyn, she just heard her talking to Isolder. ;) - I am looking forward to the next few chapters of YOUR story! You and Jedi-2B better be nice to Hanny-bear!!! I'm never mean to Luke (too much)

VaderLVR64 - You better start on your next project soon, like today. - *faints from all the pressure* - Thank YOU for reading! :)

RebelMom - Who needs to spend money on a pregnancy test when your brother is a Jedi? - LOL! But notice how LONG it took Luke to say something to Leia! Bad Luke! :D

RogueSticks - See??? Everything turned out just fine for Han! Did you really think I'd leave him lonely and depressed the rest of his life? Heck no! He had to wreck Lando's cruise line business! [face_laugh]

Solo_but_not_alone - Awwww. Thanks for reading! I didn't include your name on this list! Sorry... I will go edit it in! I don't want you to miss your cyber-brownie! :D

Jedi-2B - A L/M sequel, with a side plot of Han & Leia having the twins. (If Han-lover LadyPadme can write a good L/M romance, so can you.) - :eek: - LadyPadme is in another stratosphere as far as being a writer!!!! (actually so are YOU and kayladie, too!) - I only get inspired to write Han stories! *hides under a bush* I can include Luke and Mara and Wedge.... but Han HAS to be the main character. :( - That's why I was never able to do a sequel to "A Change of Heart" and THAT story had LOTS of L/M potential! But I do appreciate the vote of confidence!

Kab730- Thanks, Kab! :) You are a very faithful reader.... and I appreci

16. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'll have you know that I really DID write Mara in just for you! And when Jedi-2B suggested she be a waitress..... well....

Did you really? [face_blush] :D That is SO sweet.

LadyPadme is in another stratosphere as far as being a writer!!!! (actually so are YOU and kayladie, too!)

[face_blush] I think you need to take my name out of that group. I read LP's (new story starting tomorrow, YEAH!!) and Michele's stuff and I am in awe! Your stories are also awesome and I REALLY, REALLY wish that I had your amazing speed. Well, I guess I could try, but the results wouldn't be nearly as good as what you come up with. [face_laugh]

I totally understand what you're saying about inspiration, though. I honestly don't think I could write a story just about Han and Leia...I'd have to sneak Luke and Mara in there somehow! The one story I DID from Han's perspective was him thinking about Luke's wedding to Mara! :D

So, I guess I won't bug you about a sequel to this one, as long as you still include Lukie (and Mara, if you can squeeze her in ;) ) in some of your Han and Leia stories. :)

Thanks for a wonderful ride and I can't wait to see where you take us next!

17. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Awwwwwwwww great job.... I wasn't expecting the twins! lol.. of course i wasn't... that's Leia.

YOU are out of plot bunnies?! That's crazy, insane... Oye! So, what was the story I missed called? I'd like to read it...

A. Windsor

18. StarForce

StarForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Yay!! Happy ending! =D= =D= =D= That was a really great story, one of my favourites! I'm glad you didn't hurt Leia (I almost died when my internet didn't work yesterday and I couldn't find out! :( ).

Han's punishment was hilarious. The loved the last two chapters!

And Leia did get what she deserved, and so did Han! Yay, the twins!

I hope you come up with a new story really soon! I can't wait! :)

19. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This was a wonderful alternative to COPL (a book I don't dislike as much as others appear to.) Definitely liked Leia's "Let me think about it" line. She must keep her Corellian on his toes. My favorite part had to be how devious Isolder and Si'laeyn turned out to be. I think Ta'a Chume might want to start watching her back. Congratulations on another entertaining story. I'm so very glad that you are a total Han fan! :) =D=

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GreatOne, I commend you on another great story! =D= =D=

I really enjoyed that last scene and the exchange between Han/Leia/Luke/Chewie. Great stuff! :D

I'll be anxiously awaiting your next story ;)

21. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Ta'a Chume would have been proud of her future daughter-in-law, if she only knew.

This was truely chilling.

What am I gonna do now?!! Your's was the story I could always count on an update for! I hope you hurry up and get inspired!

Do you want my Star Wars rest home bunny? No one else does, but I think it would be funny. Can you imagine if the OT characters and Mara never met until they moved to.... Um.... Twin Suns retirement center....

Okay, It's a dumb idea. But please, I don't know what I'll do if you don't find something to write about!

Okay, my rant is over. Wonderful, wonderful ending! Very satisfying, and I LOVE Luke commanding Han to kiss his sister. SOOO great!

~Marsa

22. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Like others saw the word "Completed" and thought what--already.
    Great story thanks for sharing with us--looking forward to your next. :) :) :)

23. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    More replies....

kayladie97 - I think you need to take my name out of that group. - No way! You are an excellent writer! I love your work, Jedi-2B, LadyPadme, QueenOfAces, Ivy's..... wow.... and that's just off the top of my head! Thank you so much for all the nice comments you make for my stories! :)

A-Windsor - I wasn't expecting the twins! - LOL! I threw the babies in there for starwarsfan68 ! See?? I do take requests! I will PM you the link to the story you missed. :D

StarForce - I'm glad you didn't hurt Leia - I would have a very hard time killing any of the big three! I am really attached to those characters. :D

Solo_Fan - I think Ta'a Chume might want to start watching her back - hehe. She got a daughter-in-law she truly deserves. [face_devil] - I just couldn't have Sil'aeyn be this sweet innocent thing with Ta'a Chume for a relative! [face_laugh]

HanSolo29 - I really enjoyed that last scene and the exchange between Han/Leia/Luke/Chewie - Thank you! I was a little bit worried about the change of pace in the last two chapters, considering how serious and angsty the rest of the story had been up to that point. :)

Marsa - Can you imagine if the OT characters and Mara never met until they moved to.... Um.... Twin Suns retirement center.... - LOL!! I can picture Han and Leia hitting each other with their canes! [face_laugh] - And of course, Mara would look really out of place, because she never ages!! [face_laugh]

mutley - Thank you for reading! looking forward to your next - :eek: - I guess I really am going to have to start thinking VERY hard! :D

24. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I lurked clean through this without ever giving into the temptation to post and vent my disbelief. :p :eek:

I'm proud of myself. :D

Hehe, great story there GreatOne - I liked it and I'm not much of an EU fan. :) I agree with the demands for a sequel, but I honestly have no idea where you could go now. . . or rather I have too many. *sigh*

Nem [face_skull]

25. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

You're a wonderful writer, GreatOne.
    You made me smile and cry and laugh and smile again... I must admit that there are only a few authors that had ever been able to do so.
    Great Job. :D
    When is the next story?? ;) :D

~Lelila @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.