main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Separatist holdouts in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Mar 19, 2015.

1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    In the old EU the CIS was by far not finished after ROTS, even in Tarkin (Keep in mind I haven't finished the book.) it seems the seps' are still floating around. I think this could make for some interesting episodes of Rebels, especially since many here want to see some darker Rebel factions.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I agree and since most of the SH were eventually brought into the alliance I would like to see that process with a good old seppie like Trench.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Jedi Knight Fett

We must have Trench back!

Perhaps he dies and Ackbar takes his spot?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Trench: its a trap!

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    It would be cool to see some of Dooku's family and maybe have a conspiracy segment about how Palpatine was responsible for the Clone Wars and the CIS were pawns.

(Thinking about the order 66 and Boba Fett revenge arcs from TCW)

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd be very concerned they'd paint Clan Dooku as black as they do the Count. I despise when people try to force b/w views and one-dimensional presentations. SW sorely needs some depth.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think it has depth but thats my opinion but I do want to see more "Bad guys" who are not that bad.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd like very much for people to realise people are people and just because they differ doesn't make them 'villainous'.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Agent of the Empire: Hard Targets is an EU comic dealing with the Dooku family in the post-ROTS era. It's good - doesn't vilify them.

10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I would like a connection between the similarity between the CIS ships and the Rebel Cruisers. (I believe in the EU mon calamari shipyards made a lot of the CIS ships.)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Those shipyards would have been under the control of the Quarren at the time - but yes, the Quarren are from Mon Cala. They also had colony worlds - where most of their ships were produced - they might have had trouble building them around Mon Cala due to the civil war:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quarren_Isolation_League

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And how Mon Cala was a part of the republic.

13. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    I think Tarkin showed the Empire had pretty much mopped up most of the Separatist hold-outs prior to the start of the series. In fact, Teller's group is rebelling because of Tarkin's actions during one of these mopping up operations, which resulted in the Antar Atrocity.

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Since the CIS was mostly Droid troops/ships...this could be the plot of an episode /arc....the Ghost crew is sent to retrieve a CIS fleet that is in standby in wild space.

Darth Dnej and darskpine10 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In Tarkin most of the CIS remnants were gone.

16. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I think having any significant CIS force would be too much. It is almost 20 years later after being defeated. Having the Rebels using old refurbished CIS ships would be good, but an actual CIS fleet would feel out of place.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Hey, the Empire is using modified CIS equipment in some cases already. Look at Marvel's Star Wars #3, Imperial versions of the AAT show up. So the Rebels using salvaged equipment or stuff looted from the Imperials isn't too much of a stretch.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree But I could see them using one or two ships.

19. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    We don't know what happened to this gentleman.:D
    [​IMG]

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    CIS/Separatist military equipment fell into various hands following the Clone War. Pirates and Imperial as examples. The Empire conquering Cato Neimoidia would've nationalized the Trade Federation corporation.

The Grievous Legion and Droid Gotra could be re-purposed CIS military under ex-military commanders. The Empire may of inadvertently kept the Separatist alive by feeding the memory of it by telling the galaxy that it was the Confederacy that caused the destructive Clone Wars and referring to all rebels as "Separatists".

I don't think we know what happened to the Techno Union but I havent been following all the new stuff closely.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nothing on the tecno Union yet.

22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd like to see the rebels aquire some CIS ships that they can repurpose, the same goes for older Republic tech, perhaps even some decommissioned Dreadnoughts.

23. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    I love the idea of CIS holdouts. But this is 15 years after the end of the war. That is some time to hold out.

I just had this discussion in a Rebels thread, but I'd love to see the Rebels at least using CIS tech, let alone deal with a CIS holdout...which would be a dream. In the old canon, there were old holdouts, many of which folded into the Rebel Alliance.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't Lott Dod one of the Neimoidians Darth Vader killed on Mustafar, along with Gunray?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014