main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Separatist holdouts in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by sarlaccsaurs-rex, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

He probably stole and stored the entire treasury of Cato Neimoidia inside that hat, along wth Sheev's favorite holocron.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and darskpine10 like this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I love how everyone has started just calling Palpatine Sheev all the time.

3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    We Are the Sheev. You Will be Assimilated.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I was not here when sheev was introduced: Was it a few weeks of rage or has it always been so seen as funny?

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably both.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

It was a day of Anger and then we all just made fun of it

And so the Meme Wars began.

7. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    I just thought it was a funny name, but also read on TvTropes that Sheev may possibly be derived from Shiva, the Hindu God of Destruction (Sheev is from Naboo, and a lot of Naboo names have traces of Indian origin).

As for Lott Dod, we never found out what happened to him in the Legends continuity either, so he probably survived the war (but he may have finally suffered some legal action and may have suffered the same fate as his Viceroy later). P.S. He's the pope of Cato Neimoidia.

For Vindi, I would think someone as insane as him would have faced the death penalty for trying to kill everyone in the galaxy or put in a Bedlam-style mental ward.

Trench, he could come back provided he wasn't planned to be killed for real in Season 7.

As for typically-Separatist-associated-species, we've seen a lot of Neimoidians, Muuns and some Gossams, but I would like to see some other Skakoan characters (and like to know if they have legs or not) and their overall relationship to the Separatists with Wat Tambor being the only known canonical member of the species so far. They are an interesting species that needs more exploration, and it would kinda cool see how they would fight the Empire in spite of their biological disadvantage in standard-pressure atmospheres (provided that tid-bit about their biology is still canon, but since it isn't particularly tied to any specific story, it most likely is).

podjazd likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Vindi is probably Sheev's personal physician, about as useful as Theodor Morell.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I just remembered Trench is a master of cheating death

He was thought died before Cat and mouse

Thought died after

Truly he is the master at being thought died.

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd rather see them pulling Mar Tuuk out of mothballs then Trench.

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I really wish the Separatist had more valiant human leaders. One who would lead them into battle and be a main focus of the PT (introduced in TPM). I would have him replace Grevious albeit not as cool, but we really needed someone on the Separatist side to make us think about which side is really evil. Obviously both sides are shown to have their positives/negatives, but to have all alien, greedy-looking leaders leads you to believe as you watch the films, that these cowards are not worth rooting for or even liking to watch be evil. With the Empire, at least we enjoyed watching them be evil with their cool leaders/ships. I just think the Separatist could have used that with Count Dooku. Having him with the status of a former Jedi, wielding a blue/green saber and start a new faction would have been something to see. I think all the ships and vehicles they use are eye catching/interesting, just not the leaders (except Dooku).

Trebor Sabreon and SithLordPat like this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The toon seemed to have portrayed the "good" Separatists as attempting to do some good deed or be benevolent or even return to the Republic to only get framed and/or killed off by Dooku and Palpatine. The Jedi were also portrayed as basically the strong arm of the union, none of them were interested in allowing systems or planets to go indepednent or break away even legally. The Republic was basically already an Empire run by the Supreme Chancellor who relies on the Jedi to keep everything and everyone in line and most are afraid f the Jedi to begin with(like the Neimoidians were scared and ready to cave in when Valorum sent in Jedi as ambassadors to settle the dispute).

13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I dont understand is this some eu stuff because Ive never seen that name in the Complete Saga films

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup - one of the first "newcanon" novels (Tarkin) had his first name be Sheev, and Tarkin address him by it (I think in scenes set while he was still Senator).

15. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    There are way, way, way too many humans in Star Wars as-is... I'd rather they had some valiant non-human leaders, not the blustering, cruel cowards they were saddled with. Dooku was terribly misused, as it could've been an interesting twist to learn that the Seps were led by an ally of Sidious, but there was never any doubt going into AOTC... the Trade Federation was part of the deal, and we know they already were Sidious' pawns. Accusations against Dooku were also there from the beginning, and his appeal to Obi-Wan felt incredibly insincere--not to mention if Obi-Wan had asked Dooku to ignite his lightsaber, Dooku would've immediately been outed as a villain thanks to the 'red equals bad guy' rule.

Another script, wherein Dooku is portrayed as noble and only doubted at all because of his partnership with the Trade Federation--who only make up a small portion of the Sep movement--could've wowed us, wondering who Fett was working for, what Sidious' plans were, and perhaps even led to a duel that wasn't about showing off Yoda's power or just stopping an enemy from escaping, but more about the Jedi trying to interfere in a situation they know little about, and Dooku the idealist seeming forced to defend himself and his work against their meddling with a blue or green saber and no lightning (perhaps throw the appeal to the Jedi, about their serving a corrupt Senate ruled by a Sith Lord in there), and maybe then Yoda intervenes and allows his former Padawan to go--only for Dooku's "work" to become a clear act of war, along with his declaration to his shocked former master that he's found a new path, a darker path--and then he flees and meets up with Sidious as the war ignites across the galaxy.

Anyhoo. Some former Seps joining the Rebellion wouldn't be a terrible thing...

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, this would have benefited Dooku's AOTC story line an awful lot, I agree.

At least this publicly charismatic, benevolent Dooku was touched upon in the canon in TCW (if all too briefly). And it was through this more "accommodating" Dooku that we were introduced to the 'true believer' Separatists (members of the Parliament, mostly). These members of the CIS were among the very first to recognize the Republic's corruption (and the Chancellor's naked ambition) and ask for a change. They didn't have all of the answers, of course (only one truly did), but they were on the right track.

And if anything, I'd think that the reorganization of the Republic into the Empire would only have strengthened the resolve of these Seppies to continue taking a stand against Palpatine's tyranny, even fifteen years hence from the close of the Clone War. For many, probably for the rest of their lives.

And assuming that the big-wigs like Organa and Mothma are able to set aside any doubts about working with their former opponents, I think that these former members of the Separatist Alliance would be among the very first to want to sign up and offer their assistance to the fledgling rebellion.

Heck, as the 'wook' points out, according to the canon junior novel Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy, "in the time of the Galactic Empire, some used the term 'Separatist' to refer generally to those still involved in fomenting rebellion."

So yes, please give us some former Separatists in Rebels (and other canon media set during the Imperial Period). I think that it makes all the sense on the world to do so.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I wouldn't mind it as long as it was limited to an episode or two, but it also wouldn't be my preference to include them. There are a lot of other things I would prefer to see explored within the Empire and fledgling Rebellion, the CIS got plenty of exploration in TCW.

If they're included, I'd like to see Admiral Trench with a new look to show that he has barely escaped death at least one more time since his last TCW appearance. [face_skull]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He is more Machine then spider now.

19. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I wish the ghost would be fleeing from and ISD:And then a few munificents and a lucrehulk/providence hybrid exit from hyperspace,catch them in a tractor beam(wait.....why dont the imps do that?Must not think to hard....)Then the seppies destroy the ISD and The ghost crew meets admiral Trench.Awesomness ensues.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think Vader ever sent the message to the Droids to shut down their armies across the galaxy, as right after the Emperor gave him the order Padme's ship was landing and he went outside. So he was distracted and later would be cut down. Maybe it was fixed in the now Legends novel other Legends book, but this problem still exist, unless its deliberate. In fact in the new canon book Tarkin, it makes clear:

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

It does say that the droid army (most of it) was shut down - and that it was nondroid Separatist holdouts they were chasing.

In the novelization, the shutdown is carried out by the Separatist leaders, not Vader:

Inside the control center of the Separatist bunker on Mustafar...
    Wat Tambor was adjusting the gas mix inside his armor—
    Poggle the Lesser was massaging his fleshy lip-tendrils—
    Shu Mai was fiddling with the brass binding that restrained her hair into the stylish curving horn that rose behind her head—
    San Hill was stretching his bodystocking, which had begun to ride up in the crotch—
    Rune Haako was shifting his weight nervously from foot to foot—
    While Nute Gunray spoke to the holopresence of Darth Sidious.
    "The plan has gone exactly as you promised, my lord," Gunray said. "This is a glorious day for the galaxy!"
    "Yes, indeed. Thanks, in great part, to you, Viceroy, and to your associates of the Techno Union and the IBC. And, of course, Archduke Poggle. You have all performed magnificently. Have your droid armies completed shutdown?"
    "Yes, my lord. Nearly an hour ago."
    "Excellent! You will be handsomely rewarded. Has my new apprentice, Darth Vader, arrived?"
    "His ship touched down only a moment ago."
    "Good, good," the holoscan of the cloaked man said pleasantly. "I have left your reward in his hands. He will take care of you."
    The door cycled open.
    A tall cloaked figure, slim but broad-shouldered, face shadowed by a heavy hood, stood in the doorway.
    San Hill beat the others to the greeting. "Welcome, Lord Vader!" His elongated legs almost tangled with each other in his rush to shake the hand of the Sith Lord. "On behalf of the leadership of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, let me be the first to—"
    "Very well. You will be the first."
    The cloaked figure stepped inside and made a gesture with a black-gloved hand. Blast doors slammed across every exit. The control panel exploded in a shower of sparking wires.
    The cloaked figure threw back its hood.
    San Hill recoiled, hands flapping like panicked birds sewn to his wrists.
    He had time to gasp, "You're—you're Anakin Skywalker!" before a fountain of blue-white plasma burned into his chest, curving through a loop that charred all three of his hearts.
    The Separatist leadership watched in frozen horror as the corpse of the head of the InterGalactic Banking Clan collapsed like a depowered protocol droid.
    "The resemblance," Darth Vader said, "is deceptive."

A silvery flash outside caught Darth Vader's eye, as though an elegantly curved mirror swung through the smoke and cinders, picking up the shine of white-hot lava. From one knee, he could look right through the holoscan of his Master while he continued his report.
    He was no longer afraid; he was too busy pretending to be respectful.
    "The Separatist leadership is no more, my Master."
    "It is finished, then." The image offered a translucent mockery of a smile. "You have restored peace and justice to the galaxy, Lord Vader ."
    "That is my sole ambition. Master."
    The image tilted its head, its smile twisting without transition to a scowl. "Lord VaderI sense a disturbance in the Force. You may be in danger."
    He glanced at the mirror flash outside; he knew that ship. In danger of being kissed to death, perhaps...
    "How should I be in danger, Master?"
    "I cannot say. But the danger is real; be mindful."
    Be mindful, be mindful, he thought with a mental sneer. Is that the best you can do? I could get that much from Obi-Wan...
    "I will, my Master. Thank you."
    The image faded.
    He got to his feet, and now the sneer was on his lips and in his eyes. "You're the one who should be mindful, my 'Master.' I am a disturbance in the Force."
    Outside, the sleek skiff settled to the deck. He spent a moment reassembling his Anakin Skywalker face: he let Anakin Skywalker's love flow through him, let Anakin Skywalker's glad smile come to his lips, let Anakin Skywalker's youthful energy bring a joyous bounce to his step as he trotted to the entrance over the mess of corpses and severed body parts.
    He'd meet her outside, and he'd keep her outside. He had a feeling she wouldn't approve of the way he had... redecorated... the control center.
    And after all, he thought with a mental shrug, there's no arguing taste...

It's odd that the movie changes this - but maybe they didn't want the shutdown to be carried out by Gunray:

166 INT. MUSTAFAR-MAIN CONTROL CENTER-DAY A HOLOGRAM of DARTH SIDIOUS is in the center of the room. NUTE GUNRAY and the REST OF THE SEPARATIST COALITION watch SIDIOUS.
    NUTE GUNRAY: The plan has gone as you had promised, My Lord.
    DARTH SIDIOUS: You have done well, Viceroy. When my new apprentice, Darth Vader, arrives, he will take care of you.
    The hologram disappears.

169 EXT. MUSTAFAR-JEDI STARFIGHTER-SPACE ANAKIN's Jedi Starfighter heads for the hazy blood-red planet of Mustafar.

170 EXT. MUSTAFAR-LANDING PLATFORM-DAY ANAKIN flies over the volcanoes of Mustafar and lands his Jedi Starfighter on a complex of Landing Platforms. His cockpit opens as R2-D2 pops from the ship with a happy BEEP.
    ANAKIN: Artoo . . . stay with the ship.
    ARTOO lets out a sad little BEEP and moves back toward the ship.

171 EXT. MUSTAFAR-LANDING PLATFORM-DAY ANAKIN, putting on his hood, walks across a walkway upon arriving on Mustafar.

172 INT. MUSTAFAR-MAIN CONTROL CENTER-DAY ANAKIN appears in the doorway of the control center.
    NUTE GUNRAY: Welcome, Lord Vader. We've been expecting you.
    Everyone in the room looks to him as he raises his hand toward a control panel, and all the exits close. The confused SEPARATISTS look around in bewilderment.

178 INT. MUSTAFAR-MAIN CONTROL CENTER-DAY ANAKIN ignites his lightsaber, NUTE and the OTHERS panic. The DROIDS at the controls and the GUARDS grab their weapons, but it is too late. They are cut down in a flash. The Separatists bang on the doors, and NUTE and RUNE HAAKO flee under a table.
    ANAKIN, stone-faced, moves through the room like the grim reaper. Bodies drop everywhere. SCREAMS are cut short as the head of the Banking Clan dies.
    Then POGGLE THE LESSER loses his head; WAT TAMBOR, SHU MAI, and the REST OF THE SEPARATISTS run into the conference room.

194 INT. MUSTAFAR-CONFERENCE ROOM-DAY A Hologram of Sidious speaks with Anakin in the Mustafar control room.
    DARTH SlDIOUS: Send a message to the ships of the Trade Federation. Tell them the Separatist leaders have been wiped out. Grievous and Dooku have been destroyed. All droid units must shut down immediately.
    DARTH VADER: Very good, My Lord.
    ANAKIN sees Padme's ship arriving on the screen and goes out to meet her.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    There was Neimodians crew members even on board Grievious's ship in ROTS and all the command ships since TPM had Neimoidians there was no magic switch that shut them down across the galaxy nor an order given to their military. Vader was unable to carry out the full plan by being distracted by Padme's ship directly after Sidious went off air, so that bought the Separatists time to disperse and regroup despite lacking their leadership heads the military commanders and captains ect could continue to function as some have as mentioned in the Tarkin book taken place 5 years after ROTS. So that means they can continue the war or go into business for themselves or surrender but after their leaders being betrayed & assassinated by Sidious the latter two options are more logical.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given the whole "Order 66 was an automated, macro-ed message" theory - may the same applies to Separatist Shutdown - with Anakin having enough time to finish the macro and send it, before hurrying out to meet Padme.

In the junior novel (which follows the movie somewhat more closely than the adult novel) there's still the "Have you shut down your droid armies?" "We have." exchange between Palpatine and Gunray. And while Palpatine asks Anakin to "Send a message to all ships of the Trade Federation - tell them the Separatist leaders have been wiped out." - he doesn't need to ask the droid armies to shut down, since it's already been done.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The movie is what counts.

But is also another point, that the Droid armies are controlled by living people (and not all the Separatist armies were made up of Droids), why would they surrender when Sidious just betrayed everything he promised them during the post war, and had all their political leaders assassinated. The Separatists also wiped out becuase they knew too much, they knew about Sidious and him being Palpatine apparently, whatever their outline and deal was with him, was a lie he sold. Palpatine wanted to eliminate all traces and went to great lengths to frame the Separatists and the Jedi for the war and make himself out to be a victim and savior to the general public of the Republic.

Sidious was relying on Vader there and for the Separatists themselves to stand down and surrender, was not like he himself controlling the Droids on a master switch panel in his office which argues against any such device like the one Sidious himself personally used to activate Order 66. Filoni on an interview said perhaps some Clones who did not have their helmets during the Order were not activated. So that could argue for some Clones not participating in the genocide or even allying themselves with Jedi once they witches their brothers betraying everything they believed or trained. Maybe word spread around about Fives and they removed their own biochips.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I could see some pockets of Separatists still making hit and run tactics against the Empire. Before the Rebellion, it makes it seem like there is still a legitimate threat to keep the Empire in power.