main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Separatists OT viewing for Labor Day!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by anakin_girl, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Hi everyone. :) RidingMyCarosel came up with the wizard idea of all of us getting together to watch the OT, and suggested Labor Day. I suggest 2 p.m. If everyone would arrive by 1:30 or so and then we could plan to start the movies by 2. We can meet at my apartment in south-central Charlotte. I'm PM directions to anyone who responds that they're coming; it's five minutes off I-77 and pretty easy to find.

Snacks: I'll make nachos and chips and dip--if you want anything else to eat, bring it--also, bring soda. No alcohol please.

Dinner: We can order pizza or you can take a chance on my cooking... :p

If anyone else has any suggestions, ideas, comments, let me know. Also, post whether or not you're coming--like any other FF meeting, if I don't get three "yes" responses by the deadline--this one being Thursday--it's off.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm in, of course ;)
    I'll pitch in for a few sodas... if anyone has a special preference, ask now or forget it :p

And of course, I'll be bringing plenty of orange juice for myself ;)

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    We'll have to see...I might be doing something else on Labor Day, or my parents might not like the idea of me going to 'some lady's house'. So, I'll let you know.

4. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Hmm.. I don't know... since I'm going to DRAGONCON I don't know if I'll be back on Monday in time, or if I'll be exhausted or etc. But if I'm good, I'll swing by! I never miss a chance to watch my Luke, swooooon!!

( by the way, it's not too late you guys, you can still go too!! ::using the Force:: ) : D !!!!

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hrrm.. I'd go but yeah. I'm lazy. :p

6. ole_okey_doke

ole_okey_doke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    I too will be at Dragon Con, showing the very first screening of Come Get Some!, the zombie opus we've been working on for the last year-and-a-half. It'll be a rough cut screening, but I'm still excited!

So, bottom line- I'll have to let you know about Monday, let me find out some mo' details on when we are returning and all that.

Rock.

7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Clay and Cheryl, will you PLEASE go by the TFN Humour booth and say hi to Chris Hanel for me?

Thank you.

If you need to know where he'll be and when, go to www.digitalllama.com

8. ole_okey_doke

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey Greg, I'll keep an eye out... literally! I'll be attending Dragon Con dressed as a horribly disfigured and bloody zombie!

If you get in touch with the guy, tell him to look for zombies- he'll find us.

Gotta love shameless self-promotion. At least I do.

Rock.

9. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Don't forget to come by the FanForce table to say hi to all the FanForce folks who will be hanging out there. :)

I'll be participating in a Fan club panel at Dragon*Con on Labor Day. I was hoping to get to sleep late that day. ;)

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Sleep late? ha! :p
    ;)

11. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Upping this...

With Dragon*Con going on, I'm thinking that maybe we should postpone this to a Saturday later in the month, or maybe a Friday night. Saturdays are better for me. We're still welcome to have this at my place. I just need some proposals on dates.

Of course, Clay and Cheryl, if you are absolutely sure you will be back in town, let me know and we'll stay on for Monday, but things are looking indefinite enough right now that I'm suggesting that we go ahead and make it another time.

Thoughts?

12. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Sounds good to me.
    I guess Dragon*Con is going to spoil our fun ;)

Perhaps we just push it up to the Saturday afterwards?

13. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    The Saturday afterwards...that would be the 7th...works for me as far as I know right now.

[Yoda voice]"A thought? Anyone? Anyone?"[/Yoda voice]

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    But Mastet Yoda.... ;)

I'm game. Who else? :)

15. ole_okey_doke

Jan 29, 2002
    Hokay. Next Saturday sounds cool.

must...

get...

sleep...

16. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    We shall see...

17. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    May or may not be possible now.
    As you see, I've found this game called Morrowind... and well, it owns me.

I'm sorry everyone, but Morrowind calls.. and it's beckoning me....

I've got to go.

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey all!

I'm just dropping in to say that it was great meeting ole_okey_doke in person. :)

I hope that more of you will make it to Dragon*Con next year.

19. ole_okey_doke

Jan 29, 2002
    Thanks Mandy!

It was great to meet some of you guys- I'm sorry I didn't get to make it to the dinner festivities!

I'll probably be down in Atlanta again soon, so I'll have to let you guys know... maybe I can bring James next time!

Oh, and guys? Dragon*Con is a blast!

20. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You guys are always welcome down here. If you let us know when you are coming, perhaps some of us Hothlanta folks can meet you for dinner and a movie. :)

And Dragon*Con was a blast! I hope to have pictures up somewhere by the end of the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.