main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seperatists = Rebel Alliance?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by joemac1505, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    /\ very true =D=

The seperatist were after personal and financial glory. The alliance to restore to republic founght to restore democracy in the galaxy.

BTW, the Mon Calamari didnt join the rebellion until after the empire destroyed some of their floating cities. However, this is just EU :p (the dark empire comics IIRC)

2. Master_Fargo

Master_Fargo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Darth_maestro: mon cal cruisers look suspiciously a lot like General Grievous' flag ship Invisible Hand?

just saying..

What i heard was that ILM purposely went back to some early designs for the Alliance fleet to find inspiration for the seperatists ships. I was also a move to indicate that the good guys (republic) would become bad guys as we know in the OT and vice versa, although the seperatists don't become the rebellion directly, the alliance used technology and designs from cultures and worlds who had no affiliation with the Empire so its sort of a coincidence rather that any deliberate thing.
    Whew!:)

3. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    yeah i know that already i just wanted to spark some responses, hehe sorry if tired you out
    :p

also, I just want do say that i dont either think that the entire CIS turned themselves into the rebellion, but im saying that they could've had in a way some affect considering all the warfare tech lying around after their defeat, it sure woul've been easier to take that stuff than from the Republic/Empire. Also their could've been small bands of remnant separtist troops, or even entire systems that wanted vengence and could've seen this new Rebellion as means of getting some payback, ya know? thus supplying weapons, consruction facilities, and resources showing why the rebels capital ships look very simaliar.But not saying that whatever was left of the entire movement just decided out of the blue to fight for restoration of the Republic.

just a thought:D

4. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    AS I saif, rebels could have used ammo, spare parts, engines abd so on.
    But entire cap ships, production facilities and so on- no.
    The CIS was disarmed by the Grand Army after the end of the Clone wars, just like the loosing countrys after WW1 and WW2.Their weapons were either destroyed or taken into the Imperial army/navy, especially capital ships.
    Palpatine and Vader, as any Imperial commander would know that in the future a possible rebellion would use that weapons.And they took care of it.

As for the Providence class cruiser- it was disigned by the aqualish, the "neighbours" of the mon calamari and used some stolen designs from the MC passenger liner, mainly their shiled systems.

5. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    It sounds like they're two different things, but for the same purpose. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that when the Rebellion was created they snagged a few Separatists' Systems to join their cause. I'm sure the Separatists would be more motivated then ever. If they hated the Republic then they're really not going to like the Empire. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.