main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Sept 15th Cosplay

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    There's a cosplay going on on the 15th next month and i've been invited by the assistant project director to come in a starwars costume. and he asked if it'll be great if i could get others to come as well in starwars costume. So is anyone on for this? i noe i am. DE?

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Aaaarrrrrhhhhhhh!!!! Nooooooooo!!!! :eek:

I already got a costume to wear on that day and now the assistant project director said we can come in SW Costume? :eek: I'm torn. I'm torn between fulfilling my promise and following my first love in costuming . . .

I'll think of something . . . I'll think of something . . .

You're sure the others will not say anything about us coming in SW Costumes?

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Here's the current full infos on the event anyway:

THE BIGBANG EVENT IS HERE IN SINGAPORE RIGHT NOW!!

On 15th September 2002, Singapore Cosplay Club and Quebec International will be organizing a mini COSPLAY CONVENTION in NTUC lifestyle world downtown east.

Main Features

1) The event will be held in a dome-shaped convention styled hall which has the following features:
    a) standing capacity of 4000 people
    b) area of 130 feet by 150 feet
    c) stage with area of 2m X 39624mm
    d) fully air conditioned

2) Interactive Stage programs and competitions
    3) Off stage events
    4) Anime and manga related retailer booths (area (m) 3 X 3)

*Program highlights include the following:

1) cosplay competition judge by Japanese professionals (attractive prizes can be won)
    2) J-rock band performance
    3) Artwork exhibition by local artists
    4) Lucky draw and stage games
    5) Photo taking sessions by professional photographers

*pls note that additional programs may be added on a later date

Registration for the various competitions will be opened soon. Registration for any competition is free but still subjected to rules and conditions.

The web-site as well as more details will be released later. Do look out for it! =)

For any queries, you can e-mail to sgcosplayclub@hotmail.com

"This event is your event. Enjoy it and promote cosplay to the public" =)

KuRaiBu
    President
    Singapore Cosplay Club

4. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Any costume?

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    TK-625, if they really on for it, come in your White Sunscreen, lah! ;)

6. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well at least thats wat the assistant project manager told me. he said its anything from movies to games and etc

anyone?

7. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm Game! But won't be there as sidious though...

Got to change concept... :p

P/S : someone else go eh i don't want to be the only one there as a sw character...

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    But won't be there as sidious though...

And I wonder what you're gonna be . . . Kubi Knight, maybe? :D

someone else go eh i don't want to be the only one there as a sw character...

Heehee, I can always do the exposing act cause I'm too broke to do my Dec Cosplay Costume now whose Inner Gown is suppose to be used for this Sept one too. And I'm still in the SW Costume mood (haahaa, since when I'm not in the SW Costumes mood when I'm hanging out at the SW Costuming & Props Boards everyday ?)

So, guess what is all White I gonna wear under my Cloak? :D

Ps: Faiz, I probably can't join you guys over at #starwars any more cause my bro had cancelled the mIRC from his computer (says he want to install new games) and I still can't download it into my Notebook. :(

9. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Okay, if my new stormie boots get here before then, I'm in.

Lacking my Spacepack and Lewis gun though... :(

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hope the boots arrive soon or you might have to wear high heels ones, like mine. ;) (My White boots is meant for my ANH Manga Leia, Padme Amidala and maybe even Stormie if it survive till then. :eek: )

And a little something I learned about Neutral Instant Shoes Polish, it's actually yellowish! :(

11. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    Aiyah...worst to the worst I'll have to be sidious...AGAIN! can't get my Thrawn costume dun at such a short notice!

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh my :eek:

I want to see Thrawn! I want to see Thrawn! :D *started jumping up and down* He's one of my favourite character from the EU (other than Mara Jade, Kir Kanos, Corron Horn, Ulic . . . )

So Sidious_101, which version are you trying to do and do you need any links to how it can be done? There's a great thread at the Costuming & Props side where Nostradamus was kind enought to post how she did her Imperial Officer one. The pattern she recommanded is also available at Spotlight (Simplicity 7274). ;)

13. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Ermm... sorry to ask this stupid Q..

But what exactly is a COSPLAY?

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    But what exactly is a COSPLAY?

The nonsense I wrote about it for my future website:
    Cosplay (?ko-su-pu-re?) is something new that is gaining popularity all over the world, including Singapore. Cosplay is a Japanese Fan term for "Costume Play"-the activity where fans of animes, manga, games and also JRock (Japanese Visual Rock) dressed up as their favorite character/idol while attempting to be like them in term of actions, thoughts and words .

It is the equivalent of Masquerade or Costuming usually done at major conventions like DragonCon or ComicCon.

In other word, it's just like SW Costuming, only different is Cosplaying 99% of the time refers to anything Japanese or Korean or HK related.

I just get into it for fun (after discovering a Local Mailing List on it) and may be out of the scene most of the time next year, in favor of my Zam. [face_plain]

15. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Orrr....

Last time on Ch U, they interviewed some Final Fantasy "COSPLAY" people in Singapore...

So that's what it's all about...

Thanks!

16. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    Darth...pleasssssseeeeee... i appreciate the link...need to have the imperial officer costume done. But i don't think I'm willing to walk around covered in blue paint just as yet... :D

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, there is a total of 3 times when Cosplay was featured on the TV: Generation M(TCS8)which was heavily critized by the cosplay community cause it show Cosplay in a pretty bad limelight; Happy Rules which was recorded during one of the Miyuki Animation Club Anime Screening. I was wearing my Padme Battlesuit (Ver. 1.0) that afternoon so you can guess why I end up not in it :p ; and on the previous Sunday where in one of the segments in the TCS8 show, Arts TV, Cosplay was featured again, with interviews by the Commitee of the Singapore Cosplay Club and I was seen in the the show if you go frame by frame at the part they show the Cosplay Event at Orchard Cineplex. :p

Anyhow, I'll need to stay away from it here and there next year onwards in favor of you-know-what-armor/costume. ;) My costume for this Dec event gonna drain off most of my money anyway. :(

18. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey guys I really want to come but can I??
    And even if I can I've got prob...
    I DONT HAVE A COSTUME!!!!!
    Can anybody be kind enough to lend me a costume.*(Provided I can come)*

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    What happened to your Anakin Skywalker costume? ?[face_plain]

I got my Imperial Royal Guard costume to offer as usual. It's consist of the (Unpainted?) Helmet, Outer Cloak, (Simple) Forcepike and Satin Gloves. Inner Robe, Obi, Rope Belt & Boots is if the wearer can fit into it (anyhow the wearer can just wear black or red or maroon suit and boots/high cut shoes underneath it). It'll fit someone around 1.52-1.55m tall and shoulder of about 17", I think.

The Maroon Cloak (meant for TPM Coruscant Handmaid) will be fix soon (just need to redo the bottom, make the sides nicer and add the designs on front).

And lately, I been trying to do some parts to make my usual Black Suit looks like what it was meant to be initially. :p Cut it out and now it look so . . . well, big. :eek: I think I really need to go and study sewing using commercial patterns soon.

20. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey DE,
    My AS costume was rented so I had to return it.(Duh)
    Any ways if you are offering the Royal guard cos. then I would gladly accept, unless of course you have other purposes for it.
    And Yes I am 1.5 and above and have shoulders of the required length.
    So how bout it would u lend it to a soul in need.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yazid_Skywalker, out of curiosity (since I'm assembling the list for Local SW Costuming), from where did you rent the costume and was it a Rubies one or customed made by the shop? :D

Okay, then, my IRG had been reserved but be sure to confirm again with me again when nearing the day or I'll be stuck with that costume that day (hey! my bucket very precious you know. ;) ).

Anyone else interested in coming but got no idea what to wear?

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    yazid, remember me? i hope u can come
    DE LEND HIM SOMETHING PLS. =P

actually if sid_101 goes as Thrawn, maybe ppl wont have any idea at all who the heck he is, since he's EU. maybe for just this once, he should come as Sidious once again.

and DE, have u made up your mind? sw or anime cosplay?

bobafet81: technically speaking, u can say most of us who dressed up during the epi2 season could be mentioned as cosplaying

coz if none of u guys come, maybe i dun go at all in costume... -_-

so i'm counting on u guys!

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    and DE, have u made up your mind? sw or anime cosplay?

Unfortunately, first come first serve for this one. :( I already "signed" up to do Angel Sanctuary's Sevothtarte in March so it's Anime/Manga.

BUT, since I'm too broke to have my Inner Gown meant for the Dec Cosplay (and should had been used for this Sept one too) done now, I'll wear the full Padme Amidala White Battlesuit under Sevi-sama's Cloak. I'll probably come in it too so I'll do Padme for awhile in the beginning and end. :p

So come in your Jedi Garb, lah Faiz. If you need to add more items to your belt, do tell me or go on a little hunt now. ;) Hope that Covertec will also arrive within the next 2 week too! (Note to self: Start doing the Comlink now!)

actually if sid_101 goes as Thrawn, maybe ppl wont have any idea at all who the heck he is, since he's EU.

IMHO, the problem is not so much of the people not recognizing him since half of those people can't understand SW anyway and 75-90% hasn't read the SW novels or comic; but the problem of the Facepaint. He may need to get one of the better quality one to make sure it don't stain his White Uniform.

24. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    True true...cos if i stain the SAF NO.1 uniform I die liao...

Then again I better go as a ninja lah...ever japanese comic has a ninja rite! :p

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm thinking of going, but I'm not sure if I can confirm the date just yet...

But if I do manage to make it, I'll be going dressed as Padme again... what else?!?? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.