main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Sept 15th Cosplay

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Faiz, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Faiz dun worry I'll come allright.
    And DE I got the costume from Foreigners HOC.
    They dun provide custom made that is why the cos. looked big on me.
    Anyway where is this held.

2. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Ok my fault. I know where it is held but how do u get there.
    And do we have to pay or anything to enter.
    Will there be free food or anything like that.

3. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    DE....U going as what ah?

SW or anime?

Anyways who else going....beside those confirm liao!

I should be going lah...its a sun anyways. Erm...but not as sw character though...going as ninja hehehe. :D

N its not those darn ninja turtles! :p

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Sidious_101
    True true...cos if i stain the SAF NO.1 uniform I die liao...

You gonna use it for Thrawn? So is it the army ones?

Well, you can prevent the staining by using oil based face paint (must get from Cosmopolitan[?] Peace Centre there) and do the face painting 2 hours so so earlier before putting on the Shirt. ;) If get stain, can try to use one of those Destainer (if it works!)

But Thrawn shirt front got a piece of cloth covering the front (aka Rocketeer jacket-like) so are you gonna add it on? How about the Rank and maybe that Golden shoulder Bar, got any ideas how you gonna do that?

JediJean, you could put on a White Sarong and 2 buns above each ears and become Princess Leia instead. ;) Maybe if I finish my Leia very soon . . . *started daydreaming*

Yazid_Skywalker
    but how do u get there.

There's a bus from Pasir Ris Interchange going there (can't remember which currently). But don't worry, lah!

IMHO, make as well we all go there together. Will settle on a time when we get more infos.

And do we have to pay or anything to enter.

The Organizer (Stephy) said it's free to the event and entrance to Downtown East itself. She and the rest will post more info and the website later I understand.

Will there be free food or anything like that.

LOL! Scared hungry is it? [face_laugh] Curently, there had been no mention in the thread on the event but probably there will be free Mineral Water like at MAC Cosplay.

How about you Faiz? Did the Vice-Organizer say anything else to you?

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    DE....U going as what ah?

SW or anime?

SW under my Cloak, Anime on the outside. :p

(Ps: Angel Sanctuary is a Japanese Comic/Manga with some Gothic like theme but not as dark as X/1999. ;) And although it looks like it's related to a particular religion, it's actually not and just a story with no relationship with the Person up there. ;) )

Anyways who else going....beside those confirm liao!

JediClare, how about you?

I should be going lah...its a sun anyways. Erm...but not as sw character though...going as ninja hehehe.

N its not those darn ninja turtles!

Why?? :_|

Haahaa, if as Ninja Turtle, I can loan my Michaelangelo Eye Bands. It's there somewhere in one of my old stuffs boxes . . . oh,no; think Mini Maul took it with him on vacation to Korriban! :eek:

:p

6. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002

(sekali i go there nv sign up, make myself paiseh onli, lol)

*SIGH*

crap man, i just got my latest pay and its onli bout $250+

HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA GO GET MY AOSHI COSTUME + PROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm gonna ask the manager about this. if he didnt give me the raise or something, i might as well quit and find some other higher salary job... -_-

7. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    JediJean, you could put on a White Sarong and 2 buns above each ears and become Princess Leia instead. Maybe if I finish my Leia very soon . . . *started daydreaming*

Yeah, yeah, DE... but who will be my Luke?? ;) **wink, wink** ;)
    And geez, wouldn't that be incest?!?? :eek:
    haha! :p

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not physically sign up, lah! [face_laugh] I just agree with the "March" Alexiel (from Angel Sanctuary too) to do Sevothtarte as part of her group since we had heard of the rumors of the Sept Cosplay occuring way back in March. So I have to keep my promise, also out of pity now that I got to know 2 of the people supposely in our group had to pull out due to 'O' Level exams fever. :eek:

But don't worry lah! I'll be there to give my full support for SW Costuming since it is my DUTY. :D Will bring along lots of my "name cards" with not only my addresses (e-mail & website) but also our FanForce Address. I may even make a new one that include the words "SW Costumer" since I can't use the Rebel Legion ID no. anymore. :(

Ps: Faiz, you interested in signing up with The Rebel Legion or not? It's just for fun. ;)

crap man, i just got my latest pay and its onli bout $250+

Ouch! Now I really appreciate my days on attachment more cause I got $20 per day, although the working hours is pretty long IMHO (8.30am to 5pm).

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I can't go. I'm occupied on most Sundays, plus Sept 15th = three weeks before finals = must start studying if don't want to 'die'. [face_plain] Also, my costume needs a little improvement. :p

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    It's okay, JediClare. :) Maybe next time.

So are you going to do a Jedi Comlink for your belt too?

11. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Most probably. Wait till year-end break then see how lor. :D

12. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    i was talking to this girl online who went as Kaoru of RK in the youthopia cosplay. and she said that even if i was invited to come in sw costume, it might not be a gd idea, coz later might kena flame there and online. and i have doubts about it too.. and i cant seem to find the person who invited me in the first place, scared kena saboh...

so wat u guys think? hope i didnt burst anyone's bubble.. ._.

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Faiz, don't worry, lah! I'm an "active" member at both the SgAnime Cosplay Forum and the other 3 Singapore Cosplay Mailing List (SGCosplay, SingaporeCosplayer & macosplay) and a lurker at the local JRock ML, so I'll surely use Jango's Flame Thrower to flame anyone back if they flamed at us. ;)

Anyway, they seldom flame other Cosplayer/Costumers unless the person is b****ing off or did something awfully wrong (over yaoi, hentai, cursing the public etc). And the SGCosplay ML is being moderated so most Flaming Message never make it to the public viewing or reply.

And remember that Lin or her friend didn't get flamed for coming as Harry Potter and ?? during MAC Cosplay 2001.

As for what is gonna be said on the mIRC #sgcosplay, well, we'll see what we can do. [face_plain]

Anyhow, Stephy, the chairman & head organized had posted at the SgAnime Cosplay Forum that ANY costume is welcome, although Japanese Cosplay is most recommanded as there'll be a Best Costume contest with the Judges from Japan (as said in the 3rd post here).

Here's her original post:
    Some clarification work here, this cosplay event is not an anime event only. It is meant for ALL forms of cosplay, ie. anime/jrock/games/manga/movies/novels/comics
    This means u can come as Spiderman/Superman or Bu-Jin-Yun from Feng Yun. It's more like an event which promotes the concept of East-Meets-West.

The rules, regulations and more news will be detailed in the website which we will be releasing soon.

Please help me spread this news.^_^ Thanks~*huggles*

Remember, the main motive of this event is to have fun!

Enjoy yourselves and see u all on that day!^.^

Stephanie

As for the vice-organizer, I think he's it's Clive or "KuRaiBu" (aka the Gundam Mech Cosplayer).

Hehee, I'll protect you, fight a war for you if neccesary cause SW Costuming is part of my blood now and where I gotten the most accurate and useful infos about basic Costumings. The local cosplayers can be quite *roll eyes* when comes to accurate infos or links. I'll always be SW first, Anime/Manga Cosplayer last. ;)

14. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    OH THANK U SO MUCH DE!!!!!!
    thats it ppl, i'm going as a jedi.

too bad i shaved my beard or else i'd go as obi wan... =( now i have to go as some generic yandao jedi... BOO HOO....

15. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    DE u serious meh...can go as anyone or anything from movie/comic/novel... :p

hmm...can go as hercule poirot from agatha christie novels...those bloke ther will be thinking what the hell is that!

oooooh or can go as any of novels famous P.I.! Budget on costume props....

Oh heck...I may be going as a starwars character anyways...can't seem to get the f#$8& Ninja props... :(

DE any tips on Count Dooku cos...like turning my hair white? :D

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aiyah! Come in SW Costumes, lah! Promote SW Costuming, leh! :D Darth Sidious or Thrawn or Dark Oyster Sauce . . . I mean Darth Tyranus, anything can as long as SW.

DE any tips on Count Dooku cos...like turning my hair white?

For White Hair, got many alternatives:
    1) Short White Wig (which I'm looking for a long one too :p )
    2) White Temporary Hair Spray (but getting rid of the color may be a little problem).
    3) Talcum Powder (as above)

For the costume itself, a cheap way is to wear a Black Mock/Turtleneck T-Shirt (I got an XL, L & M [maybe ?[face_plain] ] available) and Black pants. A better way is to wear one of those Black Full Suit "Dinner Suit" with Mandarin collar, or like the Japanese High School Student Uniform or like the Priest Black suit seen on TV.

For the belt, use something like the No. 3 Belt but Dark Blue or Black color. The Buckle is okay if it's SAF although personally I think Blank is better.

For the cape, think no choice but to make them (unless the Costumes Shops here had released the Rubies Costumes so you can rent the whole thing but use the cape only. *roll eyes*) A typical Cape pattern with 8 panels (but use only 6 while cut 5) such as McCall's 2810 can be used to make a simplified version of it. The parts on the shoulder can be added on while a collar added to further hide the seams lines.

The Boots, use Army Boots, lor. Add a Boots Cover like I mentioned in the SW Costuming Notes thread, JediClare & I discuss previously if requires.

Beard, I have no idea as I had never seen good fake beards being sold here. You may want to try this fiber-like stuffing for it instead of the usual cotton wool cause it's not that thick. ;)

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    2 weeks till the event and who else can roughly say they can make it? Just for awhile is also okay ;), probably at the beginning (after afternoon).

I think I can attempt to complete my Stuffs related to this after Thursday and will see if anything new will be done too. [face_plain]

18. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    i'm coming...but i'll be late...

19. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    Me sa coming confirm liao but same as faiz late a little...cos maybe got class in the moring till highnoon :p

20. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Well, it's official. I can't make it cause my Custom Stormie boots won't arrived here till very much later...

Sorry guys...Catch you next time round. Stay safe.

21. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Me coming too but i need the Irg cos from DE.
    So when can u :) give :) it to me.

22. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    oh btw u guys better go sign up if u plan to come in costume

click here to pre-register. since i dunno if i'll make it or not, i'll just sign up and do my best to finish my ubin treasure hunt asap(get the 1st place even better) then chiong to the cosplay, lol

23. Sidious_101

Jun 9, 2002
    Guys u fellas wanna pre-register individually or u fellas wanna register as 1 on the actual day as a group? :p

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Faiz, that registration form says it's for the Costume Competition only. ?[face_plain]

Cosplay Competition pre-registration

But I'll check back with Clive.

Yazid_Skywalker, you need the costumes earlier? I thought of passing it to you on the day itself but if you want to try it out first, I think I can spare Friday or Sat afternoon to pass it to you. Heehee, that is the only bucket I have and it's the most expansive piece I had ever bought for my costuming (Don Post helmets are just very difficult to get in the world now cause the company looses its SW License early last year).

Aarrrhhhh!!! 5 more days and I haven't even complete the main parts of my AS Costume! :eek: The Cloak, the headgear, the shoulder pads, the veil, the necklace . . . . And I got a Final Year Project Report-First Draft to hand up by this Friday. :eek:

I'm in a big doodoo. :_|

25. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well i've registered, coz i've been told that if i come in costume and NOT enter the competition, it'll be a waste of time, so i just pre-registered. and if we were to register as a group, we'd have to do it on site. but of coz i'll be late and all... *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.