main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Sept 6th OFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    What: OFF Meeting
    Where: Izzy's Pizza Izzy's Clackamas
    9919 SE Sunnyside Rd Clackamas, Or
    When: Sept 6th 3-5pm
    Why: Gather $ for T-Shirts, etc.

All the shirts, sizes M - XL are $13.98 a shirt.
    The price for shirt sizes XXL are $15.97 a shirt.

Please Bring correct amount so Bill doesn't have the hassle of making change.

Now is the time to gather up your $ for getting the long awaited Oregon FanForce T-shirt. AramysStrael has been hard at work getting this all together. Once we have the funds the order will be place and we'll have another great meeting to hand them out and such. Let's do this!:cool: See you there.

-Eric

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I will be there.... oh wait, I have to be there! hehe

Some may have opted to send me funds through snail mail, which is fine. I will mark everyone paid in the vendors thread, once I have received money (and the soonest that I can get to internet access to reflect the status updates).

Like Eric said, once all money is collected, that is when the order will be placed.

- Bill

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll be there with the money for the shirts. :)

4. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I will try to make it.....at a minimum to give Bill cash for the T-shirt (I don't like money orders :p).

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hopefully it won't end up being like last time, Chris, where you and I were both in the waiting area at Izzy's not knowing if each other was there for the exact same reason we were. :p

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Stop looking at me !!! Just leave me [along] ALONE !!! :p

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ummm... don't you mean, leave you alone! :p

- Bill

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    *Stares at Chris* :p

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Look, here, you long-haired hippies.... don't make me have to separate you two! :p

- Bill

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [Han]Who's scruffy-lookin'?[/Han] :p

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I am, usually.[face_laugh] :cool:

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I said nothing about being scruffy looking.....

long haired hippies..... scruffy looking..... just a bit of a difference!

- Bill:p

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I had to use a Star Wars retort, Bill. It was the most relevant one. :p

14. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh dear! I remember that feeling in our first few OFF meetings as well. LOL

Sorry about the delay! I'll send in my M.O. on Tuesday. (Monday is Labor Day, how inconvenient.)

Have fun at the meeting! (^_^)/

-IJedi

15. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I got there about 3:45 PM, a bit late, but Izzy's was closed (apparently for good). I could not see anyone there, so I left.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We got to that Izzy's about ten or so minutes ahead of you, and the manager of the Eastport Izzy's accosted us in the parking lot, saying that we should go to his Izzy's instead. He also had a note explaining that the OFF meeting had been moved to that one.

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    He pretty much hung out in the parking lot. Anyone who looked like they were there to patron Izzy's, he approached and explained that Clackamas Izzy's relocated to Newberg, of all places.

There was that nice buy one, get one free coupon that he handed out. So that was nice. Not to mention that he was gracious enough to forward on to anyone else who showed up that Eric and I had gone to the Eastport Plaza Izzy's.

On a completely off topic note, here, I really like that particular Izzy's. Moreso, I am liking their grill! To all you carnivores out there, their grill really hit the spot. Their pork ribs were good, the steaks were good, as were the honey glazed chicken!

We managed to have a productive meeting. Of course I collected money for the shirts. But we discussed some specifics for the Portland Comic Book Show and OryCon. We also had the opportunity to gang up on Matt a little bit. I imagine it wasn't any fun for him to have a table full of adults harping on him about the importances of education! :D But hey, if we didn't care, we probably wouldn't say anything. And like I said, there is more to life out there and a mere gas-goober or McJob. So do well, this year and make us all proud, Matt!

- Bill

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I hate it when you gang up on me about education. :p

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Well I did bump into that guy in the parking lot, and he did give me a coupon. But I didn't think to ask him about the OFF meeting, so he didn't tell me where you guys were. Sorry a missed it; I was bummed out to drive all the way out there just to turn around and go back home. I sill need to get Bill the T-shirt money (I will mail it to you ASAP).

P.S. Matt, education good. I have never met anyone who has told me that staying in school was the wrong choice. But I know many who regretted not staying in School.

20. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    What was discussed about the Portland Comic Book Show and OryCon?

21. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    We briefly discussed what our role was going to be at both events. We had discussed what information we would have on the table and that sort of thing. Basically, the OFF will be an informational booth, that is showcasing our club.

We also talked a little bit about the Mercs jail prop, which really has nothing to do with the OFF, other than I would like to draft some OFF members to help with the Jail and Bail at OryCon, if they are willing.

Eric and I were hashing out some design details to the Jail, but other than that it realy wasn't much of a discussion.

We discussed many facets of life: OFF, role at these upcoming events, how good the food was at Izzy's, props, the layout of the Doubletree Hotel (in regard to OryCon), Matt's education, how good the food was at Izzy's, some more hashing on Matt for his education, how good the food was at Izzy's... you get the idea. And I collected money for three shirts! [face_peace]

- Bill

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You just had to toss in the rehashing, didn't you, Bill? :p

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, Crash asked.... I felt it necessary to give a full report of what was discussed at the meeting! :D

So, yes! I had to rehash it.

- Bill

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Just to bring it up again, how many more people need to get money in for shirts?

25. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, I know that I'm late with my payment. Bill, I will put it in the mail today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.