main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Sept. Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Since we have been dogged by hurricaine's and more coming...it looks like the beach party/meeting is off. I need to know if you would prefer to just not have a meeting this month and look towards the DVD set of the Trilogy coming out...or do you want the meeting to take place?

If the meeting is to take place it will depend on finding a place on the St. pete. side of the bay and notifying everyone in time. If not then we will pick up with Octobers meeting and have it on the St. pete. side.

We also have the option of having an online meeting via the chat room programs on either AOL, Yahoo or MSN.
    So please let me know by 17th of Sept.

Thank you,
    Marie

2. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Cancel September meeting. Although several of us did get together for a movie that night and discussed some upcoming business.

Also since October is Halloween month, let's do the Meeting/Party on October 30th the forth Saturday of the month at the clubhouse at my apartment complex. Since this starts a new trimester for our club and I drew #3 slot to chair, I would like to take the opportunity to try to revve up the group again and start getting this group more active. I am planning a fairly good sized party ( and if any attended my Luau for the 4th of July, you know I can put on a fairly decent party.) It will be costumed and preferably NOT Star Wars, but not exclusive of Star Wars. I know some of you only have Star Wars things. But let's make this a 3 month pick up time since we have 3 major Hollidays to celebrate and I love planning and hosting parties.

We also have a little business to go over so we can do that briefly early in the evening and then get on to the party. Again, anyone wishing to help with decorations, (if you have some to donate, please do) and set up. I have been working on an appropriate menu for the food fare and hope that if anyone has any suggestions they will PM me so that we can keep the menu a surprise. I want to go for cool scare tactics and let everyone just have a really great time after all the stormtroopers we've been weathering.

I expect you guys to try and "dig up" some other friends to bring and expand our club with...fun events usually help to spark interest. I also expect folks to make some contacts with some of our MIA's to bring them back into active participation.

This WILL be a KID friendly party until about 9:30pm-10pm. After that, let's send the kids home and have some grownup time too. I hope anyone who has felt left out over the kid issue for the last few months will give us another chance to get rolling again here. I plan on sending Alex to bed by 9pm so I can party, but I don't plan excluding him. Also, I had some adults who said they would be willing to help direct the kids in their own activities and I would like those folks to drop me a line so we can coordinate the kid stuff.

I would like to hold a contest for Adult/kid Best, Adult/kid Scarriest, Adult/kid funniest and Adult/kid Most Original costume with prizes, so I need some contributions for this.

I also would like if we get some flyers printed up to post at some of the Star Wars type hangouts to pull in some new people. "Geeksgonebad" if you could pop in a line or two about this upcoming event, I would greatly appreciate your help. If you don't have time, at least get in touch with Jace to help him to make this happen.

I think we should hold the meeting at 6pm if that is alright with everyone else and them plan to start partying by 7:30pm at the latest. The location is Camden Bay Point Aartments at Memorial and Town N Country Blvd and I will make up a map with contact info to cover it.

I need someone to help set up music and I plan to have some creepy lighting. SO you techie's if you can step up to the plate for that I would appreciate it. Any other details will be hashed out in PM's and emails or phone calls. Please contact someone you know that has joined us before and has been absent of late to get them back into the loop. Or bring someone new that might be interested in a great little Star Wars group.

Ok, I rambled enough, let me start seeing those PM's and or post with volunteers and ideas.

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Well, since I work Sat. I may not get off until 5pm. so I guess I am not much for helping like I would like to.

I probably can come up with some prizes if I can find them in the mess from piling up things.

I will help with flyers when I have electricity and if someone does the format.

Food agan may be limited to time to make something and getting power back (heard it could be 3 weeks or more). OUCH!!!

I don't really have any decorations but can contribute some packages of streamers.

Yes, things do need to get going for the fall/winter season. This was supposed to be kicked off at the beach party in Sept. Thanks, Jeanne!!!

I know some of us are without power and therefore places to store food that needs refrigeration or freezing. It costs money to eat out and such. But, please try to save for the party food fund.

I will contribute what I can...I am usually in good shape but just lost $500 of freezer and rerig.foods for several months.

(you know you are a Floridian when you only keep $20 worth of food in you freezer during hurricane season)

I will keep this joke in mind from now on.....LOL!!!

So I will plan to have something bought at the store.

But let's get this going and have 3 really good holidays.

( I do have decorations for the Christams party) How early can we get into the clubhouse for decorating??) before each event?

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay, the kilowatts are back with us!!! Yea!!!

I will do what I can to help, with my work schedule, I am probably limited to donating stuff and helping when I get there.

5. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    why are no Star wars costumes not allowed? FOr some of us it's all we've got, I'm afraid, or all that actually fits.

6. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    It is not that they are not allowed, it is encouragement to do something different. BUt you may wear SW stuff if you wish it just takes aways from being a different event thatn a convention or something like that.

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'll think of something. But I'm more broke then a monk at this point. I'll go closet diving again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.