main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sept. Metting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by BIGGIE, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    i got an idea, the star wars dvds come out the 22 of sept. we could watch them for our first metting. just an idea since we haveent done that in awile

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Technically we've never done it :p

The 501st is going to be in Tampa trooping the release at a Toys R Us Sept 18th. I plan to head out (hopefully in armor) and troop a little bit, maybe see about getting an advance copy of the Trilogy. Anyone with a Star Wars related costume is welcome to come out.

As for the meeting, that sounds like a great idea. I say we all try to get together early in the day and just knock out all of the movies, have some pizza, fried foods, carbonated liquidy beverages, nacho cheese (perhaps with chip on the side). Yeah!

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What about paintball????

I found a place on Fentress that hosts... Shatner Ball!!! Yes, named after the legendary Bill Shatner. Awesome.

4. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    both good ideas, but what to pick. but keep in mind paint ball is a lot more money then soda and food. I could go with u as bounty hunter number 9 again :p

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I was thinking of throwing on Biker Scout gear ;)

Paintballing shouldn't be more than $30 all day for an indoor park.

Here's another thought, and something that really needs to get done before October: We need a Scape Fest. I know too many people that need to get caught up before Peacekeeper War (which I assume is going to be an event in itself, right? :) ) so why not get together early one weekend and hit all of the major ones. Between Jack and myself we have everything and know just about everything that anyone could possibly ask. I could break out the SW cookbooks and do a little bakin'...

I have gone far too long without watching any Scape...

I serioulsy vote for that! We can do SW anytime.

6. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    good point, i have an idea what is going on but not much

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    and you are just one of many my friend.

8. DarkJediZM

DarkJediZM Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    How can one become a Daytona Beach trooper?

Plz respond to me @ dark_jedi_zm@yahoo.com

I drive an 18wheeler an have limited access to a computer. However I can check my E-mail from my cell phone.

I was born in Daytona and technically still live there, though I'm on the highway most of the time.

Thanks

Mike

9. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hi DarkJediZM!

So glad you found us!!! :D

I have sent you an email. Hope to see you at our September meeting!

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    DarkJediZM? ha, that sounds like a name I should be using ;) Awesome!

Yes, welcome to our little black hole here. Jayna beat me to it so I won't bombard you with e-mails.

Is it too early to plan a date for the Sept. meeting? If we are going to have members with crazy schedules then I think it'd be better to plan in advance. We tried that last time, having the meetings on the third Saturday of the month. How does that sound??

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Seeing as how I have no idea what my schedule looks like for September, setting a date righ now makes me nervous, although I agree it would be best for everybody if it was figured out in advance.

I suppose we could say the third weekend and just do our best to schedule all our other things around that. I'll be cool with it if you are cool. Cool? Cool. Va bene. :)

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's what I'm saying. If I know now that I have something planned the third Saturday of Sept then I'm more likely to not plan something else. If something very important pops up, then I have to miss the meeting. That's why I think it would be best to have a set meeting date every month, that way those that can make the meeting show up and those that can't, well, can't. We spend so much time trying to schedule around everyone that most of the time we don't even have a meeting. We arne't going to be able to get 100% at every meeting, but if we have a set date and hold regular meetings then eventually we'll have all had a meeting together. I don't think we shouldn't hold meetings just because a few people can't make it. We have enough interest now that having enough people for a meeting shouldn't be a problem.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Indeed. Then let's officially do what we attempted and failed to do last time.

We shall hereby designate the third Saturday of every month meeting and activities day for the Daytona Beachtroopers.

Everybody keep the third Saturday open. No excuses. No forgetting. No pennies.

Cheese, however, is allowed and strongly encouraged.

14. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *crawls in from working double and triple shifts*

I would like to watch the last couple of Scape shows before the mini series comes out. The third Sat. sounds good to me, already penciled it into my planner. Well, of to work. Se ya'll in 18 days! :D

15. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    Did we just make something official? I am cool with that.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
  17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Indeed.

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I will definitely try to make the meetings. Unfortunately I sometimes have to work on Saturdays, but I'll make it when I'm off. :)

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, so now we have to pick a place. You all know that my place is always open. But as you've seen it fills up pretty fast, but also has the benefits of a bathroom kitchen, and most everyone has been there before. I can probably move the punching bag for extra chair space and we can probably fit three on the floor, so that makes for *counts on fingers* nine. There's also the option of reserving a room on campus, but that could get kinda uncomfy about half way through 'Liars, Guns, and Money'. So, any suggestions???

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Another thing, who coming hasn't seen any Farscape or doesn't know the basic storyline? This will help in deciding which episodes we watch. Once I have a basic list I'll post it so some of our Scapers can see if it's cool or not.

EDIT: List done, 11 episodes if we have people that know nothing about Farscape. That equates to about 8.6 hours, so say from 10am to 9pm (factoring in Jayna time and all). Not too bad to be 'caught up on the complete series of Farscape in time for Peacekeeper Wars. If it seems too long, then people can just leave!!! Or I can edit the list, whichever.

List:

Premiere

Nerve

The Hidden Memory

Won't get fooled again

Liars, Guns, and Money trilogy

We're So Screwed 1 and 2

La Bomba

Bad Timing

If we have people that know Scape then I'll probably substitute Premeire for Crichton Kicks and just answer any questions.

Jack, thoughts????

"Guys I apologize in advance for any incivility or insensitivity on my part but it is beer-o'clock where the hell is my riot?"

21. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I know nothing about Farscape.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Fair enough!

Then this would be a good place to post a Farscape Primer: Farscape

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Just to clarify, were we planning to meet on the 18th???

24. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    You are correct. The 18th it is.

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Copy that. Heading for the target shaft... now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.