main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sept. Metting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by BIGGIE, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yes, we are meeting this Saturday. Officially.

What: FanForce meeting and Farscape bonanza

When: Saturday, Sept. 25 (Mark Hamill's b-day) 10am - 9pm

Where: Q's place (PM him for directions)

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Blast! *gets out dustpan*

If people want to bring munchies or drinks, awesome. I'll make sure to have a selection for people as well. I think I left a lunch or dinner break in the schedule so we can either go out or just order some pizza. Whatever.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    movie viewing question. Right now I have black ABS in front of the window from the storm season. Would you all want me to take it down and have a large window in the living room, or leave it up so it's nice and dark?

4. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey everyone!
    My husband and I will also be having a Star Wars marathon on Saturday starting at 3PM-ish. we will be BBqing as well in case anyone wants to stop on by later in the evening. I am sure a HALO -fest will follow around 11:30-midnight until 3am or so.
    PM for directions!
  5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Oh yah! Who here ordered the DVD set locally? I ordered mine from FYE in the mall and will be picking it up on Friday in TK armor, just to see what will happen.
  6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Dude, Karma! I didn't order a set but I'm going to pick up my Battlefront and buy the DVD in the mall in Scout. I may venture to BB for a little bit.

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hey, it turns out that I probably have to work on Saturday, so I won't be able to get there until later in the evening, around 7ish. If our program gets cancelled I'll be able to make it earlier, though, but I hope not, because I need money badly. :p

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Bummer!

Well, we'll be there, so pop on in when you can!

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    In light of recent weather events, I propose we change the meeting to a surfing party.

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Do you think we will be hurricaned out? As it stands, I don't plan on going anywhere this weekend, so I'm still up for Farscape of you guys are.

Although surfing is still on my big list of "to-do's"...

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I doubt it. I'm doing an all nighter so I can update when the 11pm forcast comes out, but right now it's projected to hit and come up the coast by around Sunday afternoon, and by the time it gets here the winds are projected at 65mph, which isn't a hurricane.

On the surfing note, I talked to Fleck today and he said I'd be crazy, then gave me the thumbs up. For all of you that don't know, Dr. Fleck is the resident awesome science guy at ERAU.

EDIT: The 11oclock has it hitting smack into Daytona Sunday night. I'm not too concerned as it is a rather week one and isn't expected to build strenght. My windows are still boarded so I'm just gonna hang out.

As far as I'm concerned, we're still a GO for Sat, even if I end up watching myself.

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Watching yourself do what?

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    *rimshot*

Watch Farscape. I'll put a mirror next to the TV.

14. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Oh, bloody hell. I can't come now, because I had to bump up a photoshoot I was doing to avoid Jeanne. And I wanted to see Farscape eps! :(

15. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I don't have a ride anymore. If anyone is on, can you give me a ride?

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    PM Biggie. He lives in the same hall as Jayna, so just head over there tomorrow morning.

Liana, I'm sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to finally meeting you! So what is the photoshoot for?

17. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    And that hall would be...

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    well, I had a good time. This meeting inspired me to go through my collection of Farscape music videos and I would have to say that this is by far the best. Watch it, it's good for the brain. Let me entertain you

19. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Good fun!

20. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Eh, one of my Art class requirments. Using one of my friends as the model, we made weird Egyptian-esque pictures like...

Portrait1
    Portrait2
    Portrait3
    Portrait4
    Eyes

Twas a lot of work, to get the lighting and all right. ;) But I'm so upset I missed Farscape! :(

So, I hope the next meeting won't be around another Hurricane.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh man, those are fantastic! I really like the last two. The second one would be fun to manipulate. Have you opened an account on DeviantArt.com? There are always people (including myself)looking for stock art to play around with. :)

22. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Thank you! :) No, I don't have a deviantart account, but it sounds like fun. Is it a free service?

Cause I'm saving up money for my own domain, and I'm cutting corners everywhere I can. :p

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, it's totally free. Ad supported, but very worth it. A while back I was saving up to have my own server. Built the box, learned Linux, but never got around to actually connecting it and getting my domain. I thought, and thought, and thought, and came to the conclusion that all I would do is upload my artwork anyway, so I opened a DA account. Check it out, you can get the link in my sig.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM. If you are going to display your models, just make sure you put a copywrite note on them so people don't snag them. If you don't mind people using them for photomanipulation then just mention that you're cool with it as long as you're credited. They have a huge PM gallery and after seeing some very awesome art in the Fantasy section I decided to try my hand at it. Dark Mirror. Click to enlarge. Anyway, if I can find some nice models I'll probably do some more.

Have fun! :)

24. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Cool!

OK, so I registered and have been submitting some stuff: http://blancwene.deviantart.com/. So far, I'm just getting my photos and some of my scrap drawings up. ;)

*goes to check out Q's stuff* :)

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    so whatdya think of my stuff? Most of it's old stuff on found on my laptop from years ago. If I ever get a break in classes I'll devore more time to photomanip. My new favorite form of art :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.