main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sept. Metting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by BIGGIE, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Liana, I played around with your Mad Girl pic in photoshop. Check it out here.

If you don't like it or don't want it to stay up, jsut say the word. Sorry about not asking for permission but I just got a thought in my head and wanted to play with it before I lost it :)

EDIT: I just checked out the pic again and it hasn't been on the site for more than 2 minutes and it's already someone's favorite :D Awesome!

Although it's starting to disturb even me. I think I'm going to start tayloring more towards the fantasy.

2. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    ****[****i****]****I********* ****y****o****u**** ****d****o****n****'****t**** ****l****i****k****e**** ****i****t**** ****o****r**** ****d****o****n****'****t**** ****w****a****n****t**** ****i****t**** ****t****o**** *********t****a****y**** ****u****p****,**** ****j*********u****t**** *********a****y**** ****t****h****e**** ****w****o****r****d****.**** *********o****r****r****y**** ****a****b****o****u****t**** ****n****o****t**** ****a*********k****i****n****g**** *********o****r**** ****p****e****r****m****i**************i****o****n**** ****b****u****t**** ****I**** ****j****u*********t**** ****g****o****t**** ****a**** ****t****h****o****u****g****h****t**** ****i****n**** ****m****y**** ****h****e****a****d**** ****a****n****d**** ****w****a****n****t****e****d**** ****t****o**** ****p****l****a****y**** ****w****i****t****h**** ****i****t**** ****b****e*********o****r****e**** ****I**** ****l****o*********t**** ****i****t**** **** ****[****/****i****]****
    ****N****o****,**** ****t****h****a****t****'********* ****p****e****r*********e*********t****l****y**** *********i****n****e****.**** **** *********o**** *********r****e****e****p****y****!**** ****:****O**** **** ****M****a****n****,**** ****i****t**** ****l****o****o****k********* ****t****o****t****a****l****l****y**** ****d****i**************e****r****e****n****t****.**** **** ****I**** ****l****i****k****e**** ****i****t****.**** ****:****)****
    ****[****i****]****A****l****t****h****o****u****g****h**** ****i****t****'********* *********t****a****r****t****i****n****g**** ****t****o**** ****d****i*********t****u****r****b**** ****e****v****e****n**** ****m****e****.**** ****I**** ****t****h****i****n****k**** ****I****'****m**** ****g****o****i****n****g**** ****t****o**** *********t****a****r****t**** ****t****a****y****l****o****r****i****n****g**** ****m****o****r****e**** ****t****o****w****a****r****d********* ****t****h****e**** *********a****n****t****a*********y****.**** ****[****/****i****]****
    ****O****o****o****,**** ****t****h****a****t**** *********o****u****l****d**** ****b****e**** *********o****o****l****.**** **** ****W****h****a****t**** *********p****e*********i*********i********* ****g****e****n****r****e****/****k****i****n****d**** ****o********* *********a****n****t****a*********y****?**** ****

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Uhh... did you write like that on purpose? That's really trippy. [face_hypnotized]

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! BRAIN... HURTS!!!! oh, oh no, I have cancer.

Ok, from what I gathered you liked the pic :D

As far as fantasy, I was thinking along the lives of medivial type images, making people more elvish looking, things like that.

5. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Holy freak, what was that? :confused: I didn't do that on purpose! :eek:

*breaks into hysterical giggles*

That sounds interesting, Q. :) Medieval stuff is really intriguing. I especially like teh medieval-era swords, cause they're basically works of art.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Aren't they though? I have a dress sword with all different manner of medival scenes inlaid in gold on the blade. It looks really cool.

I just found out yesterday that a company is making replica Drizzt Do'Urden Scimitars! ahhhhhhhh! I want Twinkle and Icingdeath! They have Dark Elf writing engraved on the blades. So cool...

swords. *drools all over* OMG, I want those so bad I can taste it. Yeah, tastes just like that.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Now Icingdeath I can see as a cool weapon, but Twinkle just doesn't give me a very beasty mental image.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    ummmmm, Jessie, they look just about exactly the same.

Ever since I started sword training I've just had this fantasy of weilding two at the same time, then along comes Drizzt and I was like "OMG! Ahhhhhhhhh! My favorite hero of all time!!!"

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jayna, I dont know if you've gotten to the part where Drizzt gets Icingdeath, but here's the description:

Beneath the surface of Faerun, there is a race of elves so evil and cunning that the wise kill them on sight. These are the Underdark drow. Among the most famous of these warriors is Drizzt Do'Urden...a lone hero, who travels the lands of light, fighting for good, while rebelling against the dark nature of his kind. Protecting him on his many journeys are his pair of enchanted scimitars, Icingdeath and Twinkle.

These two blades are almost as renowned as the Drow that wields them. Working with celebrated author R.A.Salvatore and fantasy illustrator Todd Lockwood has brought these two swords from the pages of fantasy to the realm of reality. Every attention to detail has gone into the creation of these two amazing swords, which have blades forged of high carbon steel, and are richly adorned with Dark Elven script. In addition, the pommel and crossguard on both of these scimitars have been silver plated.

Icingdeath has been accented with simulated diamonds, while Twinkle has been crowned with a large artificial blue sapphire. Each sword is shipped with a matching scabbard, which will allow you to carry one of these swords on each hip (Icingdeath - Left Hip, Twinkle - Right Hip). Every sword comes with a certificate of authenticity endorsed by both R.A. Salvatore and Todd Lockwood.

I've revamped my Christmas list and these are the only things on it. Wow, I am beside myself! *pokes self* ^_^

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Wow. I guess I still can't get past Twinkle though. I don't know. It makes me giggle.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Be a good girl and run along and read your books.

*shakes head*

"Allow me to begin again," Drizzt said. "Greetings, Akar Kessell." He bowed low.
    "I am Drizzt Do'Urden, ranger of Gwaeron Windstrom, guardian of Icewind Dale. I have come to kill you."

12. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    :eek:

I heart those swords. So beautiful! Although, still...Twinkle... [face_plain] [face_laugh] ;)

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    See! I'm not the only one!

Seriously. Of all the names they could have picked, they went with Twinkle. Wow.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, geez people. Here I go.

I believe it was during the quest for Mithril Hall that Drizzt loses one of his Scimitars and comes across a wizard that gives him Twinkle, an enchanted sword that has a soft blue glow to it and a diamond edge.

I guess it's not weird to me because when reading it he names the sword after he obtaines it so it has that "awesome" quality about it from the beginning.

Jayna, hurry up and read the books so I can barrow them again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.