main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Sept Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Why faint over raw meat. Given a chance I am sure that it wouldn't care how I was cooked.

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Yes, I suspect that how well Buzz is cooked would be the last thing on a piece of raw meat's mind.

Unless I just read that last post wrong and totally missed something, which is not uncommon.

-Katie
    Thumper

3. DestinySkywalker

DestinySkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    I will be coming. :)

Oh my god, I just realized that I know Ia-Bou. [face_shocked]

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    wait a minute whois the perosn who claimith they knowith thine?

Wait, I just figured it out! You were in Dr. Durrance's class!

Ia

5. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Why would you be thinking about how well I am cooked???!!!????????

6. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Dude, raw meat just sounds.........yucky. :D

By the wat, my sister is now on the boards.

Her username is Going_Bananas101.

7. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Since sevral of you all like soybean products, which are essentially beans, do any of you eat rice and beans?
    Next time one of you goes to a cuban or puerto rican restaurant, surprise the waiter/waitress (We're not bothered by gender specific words) by pouring your red/pink beans onto white rice. That's the way they are traditionally eaten, but here in the US they serve them separately.
    They'll probably wonder if you are or have ever lived among spanish people.

.... Oh excuse me, besides still clinging to gender specific terms I am again politically incorrect. I still refer to myself as part spanish. I forgot to change into a hispanic and once I did, Ricky Martin became famous and now I have to become a Latino.

By the way, potato salad is quite perishable. It would have to be kept ice cold and then transported in a cooler. Mayonaise is a preservative they say, but if it goes bad (I know) it'll make people very sick.

8. DestinySkywalker

Jul 14, 1999
    Now I'm scared that Ia-Bou figured that out so quickly!

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Oh my gosh, you guys took a class from Dr. Durrance? Through FSI, right? I never got to, but boy, was I jealous from the stories that came back from people who did! :p

And Buzz, that's the way your last post sounded. <g>

-Katie
    Thumper
    back in Florida after a thoroughly wonderful, regrettably much-too-short trip back home

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    A Smart man, and I in no way can be considered in that catagory of esteemed kine, would run in fright when told that he would be tied to flora, doused with super-soakers repeatedy, and then eaten raw.
    Sith-Sushi?
    Have I said I love you guys?

11. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    thats it Im bringing Sushi!!!!

Thumper: Not only did I take the class but last fall I was paid to be Dr. Durrance's assitant!! It was so awesome! I got to dig in through his cabnets amoung space shuttle handbooks for peices of shuttle tire and and tile!

Ia

12. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    :) If you are willing to bring something please PM me.

Also, since the location has now been decided on, did we want to try and invite the other FanForce's in FL? let me know your opinions! I say we do. <g>

Art

13. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I second that. In fact, I'd like to invite the 501st and Rebel Legion, UCF'ers, and any other non-members who might be interested. I can get extra things to burn to accomodate more people if needed.

Sandy

14. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I've invited the 501st and the Rebel Legion! We've got a few people from the 501st coming.

Art

15. DestinySkywalker

Jul 14, 1999
    Ia, do you know if he asked someone from my class to come back and be his TA?

Sorry to be off-topic, guys.

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    How is the water clarity there?
    I am consisering bringing my snorkeling or dive gear down if it is going to be worth it.
    No.... I am not worried about the sharks.

17. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Pardon me... but if you invite evrybody and their cousins, you'll have to take careful notes as to who is bringing what and how much.

I didn't actually offer to bring anything because I don't know if we can make it and I would hate to have to resind or cancel if later I couldn't make it there, but if I was going to bring a dish I'd want to know how many and who.
    I would hate to waste food or not make enough.

18. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Thanks Rebel. I do understand that. I've invited everyone who wants to come asked to be contacted if someone is planing on coming. In fact, this is the first time I've even heard you might make it. (Although you may be one of the people who told me in person and I don't know their screenname) I also have our resident Admin editing the original thread to keep a list of who has offered to bring what.

I'll also be posting the list again with who's attending when we get closer to the "date" of the event with how many people to expect. That way it cuts down confusion or having to read through multiple threads.

19. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    So where exactly in Wickam Park is this party at? I mean that Park is BIG.

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    invite everybodyand their cousin ...not everybody wil come and we will have a tone of lame excuses to post on the website!!

ia

21. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I second Ia. Invite everyone. The BBQ is supposed to be a bring your own food and drinks affair for the most part anyway. If anyone is really put out it will be the guys who supply the paper plates, charcoal, and other incidentals. If we have a shortage, I'm sure we take up a collection. If that fails, I'll cover the overage.

Sandy

22. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I'm wokring on the "exactly" where part in Wickam! I'll post more when I know more!

:p

Art

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    theres also this place called sams...you know you can buy bulk stuff there :)

24. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I ahve a Sam's Card. I can pick bulk items up there.
    Buzz

25. DestinySkywalker

Jul 14, 1999
    "How is the water clarity there?
    I am consisering bringing my snorkeling or dive gear down if it is going to be worth it.
    No.... I am not worried about the sharks."

[face_laugh]

I can't see my foot when it's covered by an inch of water. Don't bother. It's not dirty, just sandy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.