main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *September 11th General Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Our next General Meeting will take place Saturday, September 11th at 4 P.M. at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave in Evansville. As always, any and all Tri-State Star Wars fans and visitors are invited to attend.

On the tentative agenda:

News on the upcoming DVD release of the OT (Sept. 21)
    Book Club Update
    TCG News
    Movie Night - Are we seeing anything?
    Collecting Update

TCG and/or a movie after the meeting??

Feel free to post any other matters up for discussion, movie suggstions, etc. here.

2. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Let's get crazy after the meeting. Maybe.....maybe we could eat. Oh, I was at CQ this Saturday around 8pm....wow, it's pretty wild there.

Peace,

Edric

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Steve, yousa needsa helpsa :p

4. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, crazy...like maybe a movie and wings and trivia at BW3's. What does everyone think?

5. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Stackpole,

I'm under the weather, so I don't have any of my rapier wit on line. Therefore, your comment goes without responce. lol :)

WedgesotherNephew:

Sounds like a plan. I really need a night of pure Star Wars endulgence. Wait....I need it a ****'in lot. Like, times ten to the 1 billion.

Sneezes and weezes,

Edric the ill

PS I always watch The Making of Episode I when I'm sick or upset or both - it gives me a chuckle. Question for Debate, even though I am clearly right - how many think that Rick McCallum is the unsung hero of the prequels? I'm tempted to risk life and limb to ask off of work to goto C-3 if he is there.

6. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    I will actually be there this month...on time! I am definitely up for a movie and eats :) Anybody have any suggestions on what to see?

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Garden State.

Great movie, and if you ever criticised Natalie's acting, it'll make you eat your words.

And I don't mean it'll prove you wrong, I mean Zach Braff and Natalie Portman will show up at your house with what you said written on hot shards of glass for you to consume.

8. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I'll throw a couple out..."The Bourne Supremecy" or "Alien V. Predator."

Looks like we've got Edric, Agent_Sith, & myself...anyone else planning on being there? C'mon, it'll be fffuuunnn!! :)

9. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Everyone should know I'll be there--I'm always there. Adam probably won't, though. After all, those Bibles don't thump themselves! :)

10. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Hey. I've still got that sinus infection. So instead of sneezing all over my good buddies, I may just stay at home and sneeze in private.

Have fun!

Edric

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    At this meeting, we'll discuss whether we actually need a treasurer, as we don't use any money :p

12. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Don't let that fact keep you from donating. You can make a contribution. We will use it for a good cause.

*sticks hand out*

13. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    DOH!!

I would like to extend my most humble apologies to everyone for missing the meeting yesterday. I laid down to take a nap about 1:00, figuring that I'd get up about 3:30, get ready and head to the meeting.

Sounds good huh?...

Except for the fact I woke up at 5:40!

Once again, DOH!!

14. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Meeting Notes for 9/11/04

Three members and the haphazard remains of Adam's hair were in attendance.

DVD Event
    -The members present discussed the possibility of having an event at Wal-Mart for the DVD release of the OT on 9/21. We would meet sometime before midnight on 9/20 and eagerly await the release at midnight, much like we did for AoTC's DVD release.
    -Scott doesn't want to do this because he would stay up all night afterwards and watch the movies.
    -Because of the low turn-out, no final decision was made. I'll be posting another thread shortly to get everyone's opinion.

Book Club Update
    -According to Scott, Stacky said the last meeting was depressing because everyone had had a bad day previous to the meeting. We'll certainly have a better meeting this go round.
    -Steve will be in charge of the next meeting, which will be 9/28 at 6:30 P.M. at Borders in Evansville. The club will be reading "Deforested Scalp: the Adam Payne Story." :D

Gaming News
    -Due to Cole's insistence on going away to college, there was no TCG update.
    -The new SW miniatures are now out.

Collecting Update
    -Because we are currently sans a collecting adviser, Scott gave an informal update.
    -Target has reasonably priced OT vehicles and figures.

After the short meeting, those in attendance went out for Chinese. After the meal, Adam struck the waitress on the head with a tack hammer, and skipped out on his check. :)

Addenda, anyone?

15. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    *Addenda*

At 5p.m. Eastern (4p.m.Central) I opened the head of my yoda pez dispencer, and thought about the E'ville Jedi: Stacky's prose, Edric's flem, and Adam's dome. Then I spent my student loans on WOTC Star Wars Miniatures while complaining to the pimple-faced kid at the counter that Star Wars miniatures "back in my day" were sold unpainted and unassembled, and that we had to paint them by hand, in the snow, uphill both ways.

16. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    lol @ Jammies!!

Agent_Sith, we forgive you.

And it was Adam that talked about Stackky's gloomy book club report. :)

17. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Scott;

Glad that you are still among the living.
    Jammies

p.s. I was forced to sign up for hyperspace "whee!" and I had to pick a screen name. Well, some one took Yoda Jammies and every varient there of. I mean, Raising AZ was a popular movie and all, but it is a kinda obscure reference. Anywho, thanks for not forgitting the weird kid with the model kit of an imperial bathroom.

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    try Y0d4J4mm135 :p

19. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    y0|)4j4|^^||^^|135
    I think you mean.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Some of those characters aren't allowed :p

21. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Welcome Komill...Are you the EGG guy that was wanting a Boba mask? If not, you'll have to refresh my memory who you are.

Welcome! But you are on your own when it comes to Stackky. :)

22. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Nah, I'm Sam. I was at the last book club meeting (I'm the young'un). I met a few of you there, including Stackpole.

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Ah, yes, the resident one-who-needs-to-fill-out-the-forms.

24. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Yup, thats me. I'll have 'em at the next book club meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.