main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA September 12

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nassik, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    I wonder, is anyone planning on purchasing the new DVDs with the unaltered Original Trilogy on the twelfth? My daughter has my Special Edition OT DVDs and so I need a new set. I preordered my DVDs and just have to wait for Wal-Mart to ship them to me.

2. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not sure where I'm going to get them from yet though. It seems every place has some cool free stuff with purchase. I actually like the SE better but it'll be cool to see the Star Wars I grew up with again.

3. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    I like elements of both the Special Editions and the Original Trilogy. I do tend to lean towards the Special Editions, though. Since I gave my DVDs to my daughter I simply need to replace them and so I figure that I might as well pick up this new set with both versions of the Original Trilogy on them. I don't know about extras... I picked Wal-Mart simply because it was cheapest there. Since my DVDs will be delivered to me I probably won't get any extra anything. I suspect that any of those promotions are limited to in-store purchases.

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Wal-Mart is one of the cool promos too, you get a "graphic novel" for each DVD (I think it's reprints of the old Marvel comic series). If you don't get the comics you can always take the DVDs you get in the mail back to Wal-Mart and rebuy them with the free stuff.

5. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    Ah', now I see the difference... Wal-Mart is releasing the new DVDs in two different packages. One without the comics and one with. They have a twenty cents difference in price. Boogers... They only had the non-comiced version when I preordered the DVDs and so that's what I bought. I'm too lazy to go and exchange the ones I get in the mail ad so I'll live with what I get. That's pretty sneaky... since I preordered my DVDs too early I get excluded from the promotion. That just doesn't seem right.

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    That's a very Wal-Mart thing to do! I actually pre-ordered them through StarWarsShop.com a long time ago but then canceled them when I realized that I'd be missing out on some cool stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.