main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *September 13th General Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Next General meeting...September 13th, 12:00 noon at Comic Quest in Evansville.

On the agenda - -

Book club update
    Collecting
    Movie nights - we need a new person to be in charge of this!
    Logo
    Etc.
    TCG after the meeting???

Feel free to build here & post ideas...

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You don't need a new person to be in charge! I can still make it down for one weekend a month :p

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    We'd like to hook up with ya when you come in town Stackky, so keep us posted. But, if the interest is there, we can have other movie nights, too. And we won't be locked in to any particular weekend or day.

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Right. But don't just cut me out! :p

5. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Can someone PM directions to the Comic Quest from the UE campus? I've never been there before but I'm pretty sure I can find my way if I'm told how to get there. And I won't be able to stay for the entire meeting cause I have to work from 1-3....grrr....work-study. Oh well, it's money. 8-} See you all on Saturday!

~JMJ

6. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I don't know about from UE, but if you get on morgan avenue and go east, you will come to a Bueler's Buy Low. Turn there and Next to the Rural King, it is in that complex.

I don't know if I can make it, for the Photo fest will be in rockport that morning. I will try to get out as soon as I can though.

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Cole, you berk :p

Ok, Elizabeth, you get on Lincoln and go east to Boeke. Turn left and go until you get to Morgan, about ten minutes. Turn left there and enter the parking lot for Buy-Low, which is the first driveway on the right. Then you go all the way across the car park and find a parking spot; one of the holes in the wall is Comic Quest. There you are. :D

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Meeting Notes for 9/13/03

Three members and one newbie were in attendance.

Meeting Times
    -Due to the low attendance, those present discussed changing the time of the General Meetings. Most thought moving the meeting to later in the afternoon, to around 3 or 4, would be the best option. No definite changes were made.
    -Scott will post a separate thread to discuss this issue.

TCG Tournament
    -Andrew and Scott both talked to Jim Jones, owner of Comic Quest, about having a tournament there. He liked the idea.
    -Currently, no one at CQ is certified to judge a SWTCG tournament, so we need to get with Leilani, CQ's liaison to Wizards of the Coast. Jim said the SWTCG tournament kits have come in, which should be all she needs.
    -We hope to hold the tournament as soon as possible
    -Any new info. will be posted in the appropriate thread. His cowboyness, Cole, is in charge of the tourney for the club.

Book Club
    -Adam was busy getting his very own cowboy picture taken, so Elizabeth (JediMasterJaina) gave the Book Club update.
    -At the last meeting (8/26/03), Doug sat in for the increasingly-aerodynamic Adam and led the discussion about Force Heretic I: Remnant. The discussion was a good one, with the meeting lasting about an hour and a half.
    -The next meeting will be Tuesday 9/30 at 6:30 P.M. at Barnes and Noble, and the group will be discussing Force Heretic II: Refugee. Rumor has it that Adam will be in attendance in full cowboy dress.

Collecting
    -Scott found and purchased a Han Solo figure that had Palpatine's Force lightning sticker on it.
    -Andrew reported that much of the new stuff from Hasbro has been delayed, ostensibly because of the SARS outbreak in Asia
    -Much of the last release of figures that never really made its way into stores has begun appearing.
    -Hasbro has finally announced what it will do with the Jedi Master Points found on the back of their SW figures: they will hold a series of eBay auctions for rare, special figures, such as Jorge Sacul and Toy Fair Vader, in which bidders use JM Points rather than money.

Movie Nights
    -Andrew will be in charge of movie nights while Stacky is away playing professional pickle ball.
    -It was informally agreed that we would see "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" on either 9/20 or 9/27. This is up for discussion.
    -Andrew has posted a separate thread to discuss this.
    -The teaser trailer for Spider-Man 2 will appear before either Matrix Revolutions or The Return of the King.

Logo
    -Cole was not in attendance, so no updates on the logo were available.
    -As of last meeting, Cole was going to center the Imperial logo on the orange barrel. With that change, the logo was approved at the last meeting.

Did I miss anything?

9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Do we want to know why Adam is aerodynamic ... ? :p

10. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I intended it as a bald joke. If he is doing anything else to reduce wind resistance, I'm certain I don't want to know about it...

:D

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Ah. Aha. Ahaha. Ahahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.