main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *September 13th General Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterJaina, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    It's that time again! GM is at 4pm at your friendly neighborhood Comic Quest. Here's the agenda:

-Book Club update
    -Collecting/Collecting Club update
    -Costuming/Prop Building Club update
    -Website update
    -Marketing update
    -Events update
    -Bowling
    -Boo at the Zoo
    -General business

If anyone has anything to add to the agenda, please do so here. Also, please post ASAP on whether you can attend.

2. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

Brent and I should be there

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I intend to be there.

4. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I'll be out of town that day.. I hereby delegate the reporting on the last Costume meeting to Mike (since he was the only one in attendance). [face_alien_1]

5. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Notes time!

Present:
    JMJ
    Stacky
    Mike
    Brent
    Donella
    Kesh

-Note: Before Kesh arrived we voted to move the GM to 4:30 instead of 4, just cause that's when they usually start anyway.

-Book Club:
    The book for this month is the 'Force Unleashed' novel.
    DelRey has extended their LucasBooks contract. (Yay?) It would seem that Lucas OWNS DelRey...
    The new kids book series will be 'Rebel Forces'. Takes place after 'Last of the Jedi'
    October 2- Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert book signing in Nashville. Another one the next week in St. Louis. Kesh is going to both and taking a suitcase with him.
    'Order 66' hardcover coming Sept 16 (according to Amazon). Yay! Imperial Commando to follow
    'Millennium Falcon' coming Oct. 21

-Collecting
    Legacy two packs were available at Wally world. Imperial Knights and Cade Skywalker with weird eyes
    Also available, Die Cast TIE fighters. Mike was truly sad that they were attached at the base due to kids not being too smart nowadays
    Disturbance of Lars Homestead battle pack (i.e. Troops Battlepack in a cereal bowl)
    Lots of weird Clone Wars merch. CLONE WARS PUMPKIN CARVING KIT and CLONE WARS EGG DYEING KIT (need I say more?)

-Costuming Club
    WE NEED MORE ATTENDANCE!!!
    There is a possibility of every 3-4 months having a themed prop building party. Make your own Thermal Detonator!!
    Also, a costuming event we discussed was getting in at Boo at the Zoo. I'm going to get ahold of Jim to see if we can get in with their booth.

Mike gets hot and bothered over Bea Arthur and Stacky's bum. "He's not saying he wants to smack it and ride the ride."

Also, Kesh needs aloe, Calgon, and an Ancient Chinese secret...

-Events
    Quantum of Solace comes out Nov. 7. Club will be viewing it Nov. 8 after GM
    Caprica premiers in November.
    Robot Chicken 2 is also in Nov.
    Clone Wars TV premier is Oct. 3. Viewing party at Stacky and JMJ's.
    Also talked about "The Plan", BSG-Cylon based prequel. Don't know if it's airing before or after 4.5

-General Business
    Kevin has resigned as Webmaster due to Darth Real Life. Stacky was nominated, seconded, and voted in as new Webmaster. It was proposed that we combine the Webmaster and Events Coordinator positions, but further discussion and a bylaws change would be needed.

Meeting adjourned and we all went bowling. I see an Eville Jedi Bowling League in the future...:D

6. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Sorry, I have been at the plant around the clock for the last two weeks, have pneumonia, and am disgusted with all things Lucas. Jabba's gay uncle? Crystal skulled aliens? He must have a really low opinion of Sci-Fi fans.

I will be there as I can.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    In regards to the webmaster and events coordinator position, I don't see any need to combine them. Perfectly fine to hold both positions though, what with the extra time and all! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.