main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY September 20-22 The Clone Wars Weekend Camp Dunkirk NY

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    For those who want to spend the night(s) you may all stay in Pilgrim's Lodge. There is a large open space on the ground floor with nine bedrooms (3 bunks in each) on the second floor. The campers will sleep in cabins with designated counselors. You may arrive as early as 5:00pm Friday evening if you wish to settle in to your room. The campers will arrive between 6:00 and 7:00pm. The program will start promptly at 7:00pm Friday evening. A few costumed characters during registration (6-7pm) would be a nice touch!!! Meals, of course, will be provided to all in attendance throughout the weekend. An accurate head count will be needed as we get closer. Registrations are just starting to come in and we currently have 13 kids assigned to cabins. We should easily double or triple that number. I will continue to provide updates on the count and schedule as the weekend approaches. This is a guaranteed good time!!! :)

2. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
  3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    IM looking to stay fri night and sat night.....anyone else like to join one or both the nights....otherwise I will have to bring my stuffed Chewie doll to keep me safe. :D

dcc_jedi likes this.
  4. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I plan on staying Saturday night.

5. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    UPDATE: 21 kids are now registered but we are still expecting the typical "last minute" rush. A small article promoting the camp is also running this weekend in community papers in Hamburg, Gowanda, South Buffalo, Kenmore and parts of Amherst. Channel 7 News has replied to a press release we sent out and wants to shoot video during the weekend and do a story on the camp. For those of you with kids of your own... feel free to bring them along!!! I will just need to know ahead of time so the kitchen can plan for meals. They may stay with you in the lodge, or if they'd like could stay in a cabin with the other kids. I will be at the meeting tomorrow evening if anyone would like to know more about the weekend. :)

6. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Leia and Boba will be there!! (Anna &AJ).
    Fri through Sun.

Kids are getting registered as campers!!

dcc_jedi likes this.
  7. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I'll definitely be there. My costume is finished! I don't know if I'll be able to stay over night. I would have to find someone to take care of my dogs.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

dcc_jedi likes this.
  8. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    unavailable

9. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    UPDATE: We have now received 28 registrations (25 boys; 3 girls). We have also had a handful of inquiries which may yet result in more registrations. Looking forward to a great weekend!!! :)

10. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    UPDATE: Two more this morning bring us to 30 campers and counting. :)

11. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Me, Peter, and William will try to arrive on Friday night, but may not be ready to suit up by registration time. We have to drop Katherine off at Seven Hills (Girl scout camp) in Holland, NY. If it gets, too late, we'll arrive early Saturday morning.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  12. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    AJ and I will be there around 5ish and are planning (and hoping) on suiting up to greet the campers.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  13. Spice Smuggler

Apr 29, 2013
    I will be able to be there all day Saturday.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

dcc_jedi likes this.
  14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    All five of us will be coming down Saturday afternoon and sleeping over that night and staying for Sunday activities.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  15. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    As of now I'm looking to get there by 5 the latest and can possible be able to suit up as well to meet the campers

dcc_jedi likes this.
  16. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    We will be there by 5 and will costume too if necessary.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  17. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Sorry, but I'm not available.

18. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Unfortunately I am no longer available to do this now.

Much apologies for the later notice

19. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    Thank you all for your status updates. For those of you attending I think you are in for a great weekend. For those unable to attend, maybe next year??? The entire weekend is scheduled but that schedule is flexible. Rain may be an issue for part of Saturday but it won't slow us down. We have a good mix of both indoor and outdoor activities scheduled. Can't wait to get started!!! Please feel free to message me with ANY questions you may have about the weekend. THANK YOU!!! > DCC_Jedi (Mike Hanes)

20. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Me and the boys will definitely arrive Friday evening, though still around 8-ish. See you all then!

dcc_jedi likes this.
  21. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    We are all incredible excited about this weekend!!

A quick FYI: AJ's flight lands around 3. If he is delayed, we may not arrive by 5 but we will get there ASAP.

dcc_jedi and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  22. Spice Smuggler

Apr 29, 2013
    Sadly I'm not going to be able to make this one. Too many assignments and errands have popped up that I have to take care of this weekend. Have fun!

dcc_jedi likes this.
  23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    It seems like we have a great collection of club members already committed to this event. I would say that others who can't make it shouldn't feel bad other than to miss what promises to be a lot of fun. :)

dcc_jedi likes this.
  24. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    One quick thing for those attending... Bring your own bedding. There are bunks but bedding is not supplied like at a hotel. I just use a sleeping bag but some prefer actual bedding. The bunks are twin size. :)

25. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    AJ got home at 340- were running behind. We will get there when we get there- closer to 615ish... ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.