main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September 2015 Meeting

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The September meeting will be at our regular V.I. on Saturday September 19th at 1pm. That's right, one hour earlier as we march towards TFA with a late lunch and Star Wars related discussion to follow.

Newcomers: meal usually takes about an hour or so with meeting to follow, but you'll want to take in the whole thing. :)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Just found out this morning my brother is coming to town. He refused to step inside a VI, so we'll probably do some other stuff. If he decides to go to his friend's house and smoke pot, I might come on over (it's my only day off).

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    1 week bump! See you all Saturday!

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We'll be there.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    doubtful....i have nothing new to report tho

6. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    My back says no. Have fun.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I can't make it, I posted info about Hauntings and that's all I have at this time. I will have my phone by me if you need to call or text for further info.

Have fun.

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Good to see everybody! And welcome to new member Renah who joined the boards way back when, but can hopefully get logged back in and enjoy the fun here on the Fan Forces side of the boards.

nnaydolem likes this.
  9. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    RMFF September Meeting​
    9/19/15 2:20 PM​
    Village Inn​
    ROLL CALL AND RAFFLE
    9 members in attendance and two guests: cadence7_4, Pagil M’gar, grimby, theJackal327, DieWompratDie, Tia_Amidala, Jedi Picard, Tara Librarian, Jedi Jonas, Zeraduel
    Topic: The Force Awakens – Have you collected anything yet & favorite item?

OLD BUSINESS
    -August Meeting – feedback on the meeting at Dungeons and Drafts in Ft. Collins
    -Star Wars Night at Coors Field – August 22nd reports from 501st members and RMFF attendees
    -Midnight Madness – Sept 4th RMFF members met at Toys R Us. Other members reported finding a number of items at Target later in the day. Developers from the Sphero team waited on line with RMFF members at Toys R Us and shared information regarding the production of BB-8. A number of members were disappointed by the stock in the stores not matching the items advertised.

NEW BUSINESS
    -Star Wars Reads Day – events all week long leading up to Oct 10th. RMFF will staff a table on the Central North Lawn from 10:00-1:00. We will be bringing books, materials, the button maker, Jabba toss, and the Death Star prize wheel. The Athmar library is interested in focusing on William Shakespeare’s Star Wars, and the RMFF may assist at 2:00
    -Hauntings at the Hangar – Oct 31st, 9-4. A sign-up sheet will be circulated after the planning meeting. Attendees are asked to bring a bag or two of candy.
    -Rocky Mountain Con – a post has been started on the boards to generate interest in attending the Con November 7th and 8th. Volunteers will have to purchase their own admission tickets.
    -Episode VII Premier – Melody is working the Continental Theatre to organize a group presence. Jackie will reach out to the 501st and Rebel Legion to see if they are interested in joining us at this location.
    -DMMT – the Denver Museum of Miniatures and Toys will be holding a Star Wars exhibit Nov-May. A separate thread will be created on the boards to see if a group would like to go together.

STAR WARS NEWS
    -Disney parks have announced Star Wars lands will be coming. As a result, Star Wars weekends will be phased out over the next year. Parks will update Star Tours and Space Mountain
    -tickets are on sale for the Star Wars run weekend in Orlando next April

OPEN DISCUSSION
    -Rebels – Season 2 starts Oct 14th. Season 1 released on 9/1.
    -Publishing – reviews of comics and recently released novels. Han & Chewy, Leia, and Luke Young Adult novels will be published
    -Episode VII – the soundtrack and eBook will not be released until 12/18
    -Other sequels and Anthology films – Mark Hamill was seen in Ireland, possibly filming Episode VIII. The Anthology films may be rebranded: “A Han Solo Story” title has been released

GAMING NEWS
    -a Vader themed PS4 will be available for $450
    -Disney Infinity 3.0 – a new Infinity platform must be purchased for each update
    -DieWompRatDie provided an overview of the Topps trading card app

TREASURER’S REPORT
    Balance of $464. DieWompRatDie served as acting treasurer

COLLECTING NEWS
    Discussion of newly released Star Wars collectibles. Sign up is now available for a new Star Wars mystery box: Smugglers Bounty

OTHER OPEN DISCUSSION
    -October meeting – the October meeting will be held 10/17 at Crushed Red at the Orchard
    -November pot luck – a location needs to be decided for our Thanksgiving pot luck. Tara offered the library basement. The date is currently set as 11/21

GROUP PHOTO
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...42438998984/10153263118463985/?type=3&theater

QueenHighMistress likes this.