main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY September 21st Semi Update

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey guys,
    Marie from New Jersey Order has asked me to invite you all to the following event on the NYC forum.

Greetings everyone!

I happened to go into Virgin Megastore Times Square today to get a pass for an instore they were having. I ran into a friend of mine who is a manager there, and she informed me that she was given a directive today (true Virgin style) to throw something together for the DVD release of the Original Trilogy. From my experience working there, it didn?t surprise me that they waited a week before to give an okay to something. So, with that said?.this is where the costumed folk come in.

She has asked me to relay a message for Tuesday, September 21st. If there is anyone that would like to go down to Virgin Megastore IN COSTUME that day and just walk around the store, help draw a crowd, help promote the DVD, you are more than welcomed to. Anyone who is interested in doing this, please PM me or contact me directly, with the times you are available for this. The store is open at 9am and closes at 1am. If you are working during the day and want to do it after work, you are more than welcomed to. In relation to costumes, ALL participants MUST have a costume. She said that she prefers a costume from the Original Trilogy, but if you do not have an OT costume, Prequel or EU is welcomed to come down.

There is a bathroom to change in and I'm sure they will give you a place to stowaway bags & luggage.

If you are interested, I need to give her a list of people, costume that they are wearing, and the times they are available. Please contact me by Saturday evening so that I can relay the information to her so she can have it together to present to her boss on Monday morning.

Thank you all in advance, I hope you all have a great time!
    Marie

Contact me via PM at TFN: BellaSabrina

Edited to correct the information about NJO.

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Dana, one correction. It's not a New Jersey Order event. A friend of mine asked me to simply relay a message to all costumed Star Wars fans who would like to get in costume and promote & celebrate Star Wars :)

Thank you for relaying the message to your group! I hope you guys all have a great time if you attend!

3. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Well... um, my Jedi costume is nearing completion, so if it's be ready on time I'm more than willing to go in and have fun at Virgin Times Square. Email me with any other important info that I might need.

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I talked to my friend today and she's SO happy about the positive turnout that I've received for her. She also said that it won't be running all day, she's more for a noon to 5 run, and it seems as though that the majority of everyone who replied is available at that time.

So, you don't need to be there at 9am, instead at noon. Any other questions, please post or PM me because I will be speaking to her again on Sunday. She has to give in everything to her boss on MONDAY. So please let me know by Saturday evening the latest. Thanks everyone!

Also, Ed (Reaper63) will be the Captain of this operation, since he knows my friend as well. When you arrive at Virgin, please check in with Ed.

Thanks again!

5. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    My goodness, my brain needs a rest from all of this stuff!! Okay, I have an update for you folks. I just got off the phone with the RMD of Virgin, and she is looking for some costumed folk to go to Virgin TSQ tomorrow morning, a little before 11am. At 11am, the NY Post is having a reporter go there and interview you guys. I made sure that I could post it to everyone and she said to go ahead! If anyone can make it tomorrow morning, PLEASE contact me ASAP. I need to call her back tonight and give her the final scoop.

Also, if nobody is doing the event in Long Island for the Best Buy, and is available do to a midnight event at Virgin TSQ, PLEASE CONTACT ME about that too. They are also looking to get some people for midnight, and the NY Post will be there as well. And yes, you have to have a costume. For this, they prefer original trilogy, I believe. I will be asking if there are going to be prizes or something handed out to those who show up for either midnight event or Tuesday event. Let's hope I get a yes on this, because anyone who shows up deserves that much.

Tuesday is still on as well. That will run from noon-5pm.

Any questions? Lemme know. I'm home all night.

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I had a message on my voicemail about the midnight event at Virgin tomorrow.....it's still on, no matter how many people show up. I've got a handful of people who are going to be there already Since I don't think anyone from this group will be coming from Jersey, you'll be meeting up and checking in with Gary (DarthGyos). I am assuming she wants you there by 11pm until they close at 1am, but I am waiting for her phone call about that.

Also, for those that make the haul to Virgin TSQ tomorrow night, she is offering passes to meet Duran Duran at their instore in October. I'll see if there's anything else you can get if you don't want to meet Duran Duran. But only costumed people will be getting the passes.

As for Tuesday (noon-5) I'm waiting to hear back from her about getting stuff for the Tuesday people too. I'm sure there's something in it for you guys too. Ed (Reaper63) will be your check-in guy for that event. Be there by 11:30am, please.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Unfortunately I can't make the midnight appearance because I have two classes tonight so I'll be at school from 5:25 PM - 10:00 PM without any breaks in between. Sorry, I'll just be way too exhausted to attend any event after class. lol

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    It's okay Dana :) School happens, unfortunately ;) I've got to be at work until 9 tonight and then I have to be at work early in the morning, so either event is no good for me. I'd rather be doing the events though :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.