main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Activities

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    What are some ideas that everyone has for us to do for September? I was thinking we could have the activity on Saturday the 7. Navaran, the Provo city rep and I are also planning a combined Surprise activity at the end of the month on the 28. So everyone,lets hear some ideas. :D

2. bloatedfet

bloatedfet Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2002
    Lets do something really wild, like rent a star wars video or go bowling. Nude twister is always a nice change of pace.

3. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    i'm glad i'll be in hawaii.... 8-}

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Don't worry, we'll video tape the whole thing for you. :p

5. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [face_shocked]

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    now why would we rent a Star Wars video? I think all of us own a few copies here and there.

7. bloatedfet

bloatedfet Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2002
    You mean you can buy the star wars video? Wow. Where would I go to purchase said video?

I think it would be a good idea to video our activity! Not only will greenmayo enjoy it, but we could also try to sale it for our fundraiser. Maybe even run it over the web.

Well, maybe it won't work--who wants to buy a video of us bowling?

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I thought you were talking about the nude twister.

9. Lady Kenobi

Lady Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 10, 1999
    Some more ideas...

You could do game night with Star Wars Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and so on...

A Star Wars Fest--which is what my friends and I call our regular get together and watch all the Star Wars movies--is indeed always fun. We're doing one end of this month with prizes for best costumes and, of course, plenty of food (we're talking 8 hours of movie watching here :))

The weather shouldn't be too cool yet so something outdoors would be fun(but not at Sugarhouse Park considering the reported luck there), I was thinking of like roasting marshmellows in a canyon somewhere.

Yes, I'll finally be around for this activity so maybe I can FINALLY come (I've always seemed to be on vacation for the previous like four)

10. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I am 100% good for anything star wars related. Movies, Trivia, or whatnot. And Lady Kenobi, would your friends be interested in joining the Fan Force as well?[/color]

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You know we can do other activites that don't always deal with Star Wars. I have many ideas that aren't always Star Wars related, course half of them are surprises too. :D

there is a slight problem with some activities and me. I can't really host them at my house because of my family. They aren't exactly thrilled with my online dealings. Of course my dad is cool with it but my mom and other siblings aren't. So if anyone is willing to volunteer someplace where we can meet and do some indoor things it would be much appreciated.

12. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]But we ARE a Star Wars Fan club are we not? ;)[/color]

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So I take it you don't want to do the charity things now do you.

14. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]now don't go startin that. :p I wanna do other stuff, but I think I think Star Wars should be the focus. am I wrong?[/color]

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I thought getting our name out there so that people knew there was a Star Wars fanclub in Utah and that there is more to us than that.

Oh idea, how about we play the SW games up in the canyons. Say Big Cottonwood? I have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly and Life that I can bring up. I also have Stratego and a battleship game if we want to do those.

We can do the whole fire thing and make s'mores and whatnot. How does that sound?

16. Lady Kenobi

Apr 10, 1999
    Sounds good Marold, I'm pretty flexible in the end and still planning on coming

Hmm, as for "getting our name out there so that people knew there was a Star Wars fanclub in Utah"...can I just mention diplomatically that there is already at least one? It's called Rebels Associated and it's going on it's 14th year. There's monthly activities, plus Star Wars days at MediaPlay with raffle proceeds going to the Arthritis Foundation. I'm all for supporting the Salt Lake Fan Force 'cause I always like to meet fellow fans, but don't forget the vets out there :)

And sorry merlin but I've mentioned FanForce to friends many a time with no luck. They're even busier than I am but maybe if we get some interesting activities going there might be hope.

17. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Do the Rebels Associated have a web site? Are they based in Salt Lake? Are you part of them Lady Kenobi? just curious. ;)[/color]

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    are you going to give her the third degree too?

Lady Kenobi, do you think the Rebels Associated would like to do some combined activity sometime?

19. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Hey, anyone wanna eat at the Happy Sumo or Ichiban Sushi for our next meeting? Then we could go watch a flick or toilet paper someone's house. :p anyway, just a suggestion[/color]

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I have cards to both Costco and Sam's club we can get the toilet paper there. ;)

21. Lady Kenobi

Apr 10, 1999
    Nope, sorry but Rebels Associated doesn't really have any online presence. A lot of members are a little more old-fashioned and not into the internet and all.

Rebels is fairly Salt Lake-based, at least where most activities take place, but there are people who come down from Idaho--regularly.

Yes I've been a part of Rebels for about 3 years now, can't even remember now how I found out about them, but have really enjoyed hanging out with fellow fans a lot since. Membership is completely open and free (and not really that formal or anything), so if you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you a contact email--I don't feel right giving out other people's addresses and phone numbers willy-nilly on the internet.

I think combined activities would be a blast :D One that comes to mind is a Star Wars day--kind of like a promotional tool--at MediaPlay for the release of the DVD in Nov. It would be really fun to have a bunch of people there :)

22. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]sounds fun. :) Well it's good you've been on here and I look forward to meeting you. And anyone else who wants to come to our next meeting. :D[/color]

23. bloatedfet

bloatedfet Jedi Master

Jul 26, 2002
    I like Merlin's suggestion about eating at Happy Sumo or Ichiban Sushi. I also like the idea about toilet papering someone?s house. If you don?t have anyone else in mind, we could do my house.

24. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I don't mean to rain on the figurative parade, but campfire are baned EVERYWHERE in the state of Utah. We could go up the canyon but unless we had other means of cooking (like a camp stove) we can't roast anything.

Another idea... the fair. I don't know when it is but it might be fun to go.

25. Lady Kenobi

Apr 10, 1999
    So ImDaBudge should we scare the other fair-goers by going in full costume? :D hehe

I looked it up and the State Fair runs Sept. 5-15.

I'm not a sushi fan but I can deal with the group decision. As for campfires, good point. When I suggested it I was actually thinking of going to like a park with picnic areas and special set-aside/protected fire areas, specifically Mueller Park in Bountiful since that's what I'm familiar with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.