Provo September activity--Announcement!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 27, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    All right. Here's what we know of the September activity:

We want it to be combined with the Salt Lake City Fanforce.
    Location is TBA.
    Jdavidchadwick will be visiting Utah between September 15-30, so, since he'd love to come to our activity before he heads off for more military service, we should have it between those dates.

Ideas have been:
    Costumed mini-golf
    Collectibles drop-and-swap or showcase.

Please give your input on this.
  2. jdavidchadwick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Totally looking forward to it, yo!
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, what would you recommend?
  4. jdavidchadwick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Costumed mini-golf sounds like it might be fun.
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    All right, we really need to set a date so we can make sure everyone can come. When's best for everyone?
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Once you guys get a date set, please remember to PM me some info so that I can post it to FanForce.net!
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Thanks for the reminder. We'll keep you posted.
  8. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Collectibles drop-and-swap, totally!!!!

And that means for any fandom...and not just collectibles per se, but dvd's and books and any fannish things. :D

It would suck with just the Provo FF doing it cause... we have so few people. LOL.

Um...I guess any Friday night, or Saturday morning, or Saturday night (not Saturday afternoons) for the rest of the month works for me.

Edit: Err...except for Saturday the 24th. I've been planning on attending Mountain-Con that day. :)

-Mia
  9. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah to be back in Utah :p

I'm up for anything, though I am still lacking in transportation and now bus passes are 60 bucks so I'm passing on that ;) I don't think I have a real good costume anyway :D
  10. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I costumed for ROTS as a Sith lady in black and red and matching face paint. I made my pre-SW Princess Leia costume out of a white sheet, my white turtleneck and a pair of shorts. Costuming can be done simply, complicatedly, any way we like.
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, URGENT.

Our activity is supposedly this week. Since now no one has a car, pretty much, our choices are limited. No one from SLCFF is going to be able to come unless I hear differently. We still need to decide on an activity. We do have a venue--my new apartment has a huge downstairs living room.
  12. daisyfacedawn_13 Jedi Padawan

Hey, everyone, Ish has told me all about this and I might be there on Friday...
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    All right, here's the official announcement.

Who: All of you and special guests Jdavidchadwick and, possibly, a member or two of the SLCFF.
    What: Drop-and-swap--bring your collectibles or non-collectibles alike. We'll just have some fun having the swap-market mentality. We also want to have some food there, so bring your favorite munchie.
    Where: 3370 Navajo Ln. Provo, UT. You can get there by going north on 9th east past the Temple, then turning right on the road immediately after the temple. (Can't remember the name) Then you take a left on Iroquois Dr. Go over a couple of hills, then turn left on Navajo Ln. It will say Navajo Circle on the right about 20 feet before, so look for that. Go around a few curves and get to 3370 Navajo Ln. It's a white house with a green hotel-style awning that has 3370 printed on it. Knock on the door or ring the bell and don't be scared if the person doesn't speak much English. I'll try to be up there to answer instead of my landlady.
    When: Friday, 7:30.
    Why: 'Cause it'll be fun!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby