main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN September FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The next meeting for the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Friday September 17th at 7:00pm at Mr. Gatti's on Kingston Pike. As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

See you guys there!

2. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I'm just upping this seeing as we are only a week away from the fun and things have been slow around here lately, present company included. See you guys then!

3. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I will more than likely be there

4. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Sweet! I hope you can make it, and don't forget to bring all the Dragon Con goodies you can as I think I am going to go next year and I want to see what all you guys were up to.

5. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    ... goodies... I was supposed to get goodies, why didn't anyone tell me this stuff. You know I spent a little bit of money, but I have basically nothing to show for it...

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That's usually the story at cons. They're sort of a disposable income black hole, but oh well they're fun anyway. It's no biggie that you didn't bring back anything to show off but I'm sure you probably have pictures or stories or something, so as long as you share it's all good.

Oh, and did anyone see Minacia or the Atlanta FanForce or any of the other FF groups while they were out there? If not it's cool, but it sounded like at least the Atlanta FF had a dinner so I was just curious.

7. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I saw some of them, but unfortunately I didn't introduce myself... I am not snotty I was just wrapped up with the whole experience, and the only time I was realy near their table it was during the droid hunt.

8. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    I have no idea if I met any of them. I was saying hello to people left and right. I'm crazy like that. Actually I didn't make it to the special Hothlanta events :( Although I did do mostly star wars related things durring the weekend. Unfortunatly I didn't have any spending money (didn't last dcon either) so I've returned empty handed, except for all the memories. I've got a wonderful story I'll be happy to tell about getting sucked in and stuck in an escalator while dresssed as a Twi'lek.

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Which tail got stuck in the escalator, the one on the dress or the ones on your head?

Sorry, couldn't resist it! :D

10. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Lol, you'll just have to wait and find out friday. :p

11. smuggler1186

smuggler1186 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, guys, i just wanted to let you know I might be a little late tomorrow, I have to work until 7:30. I'm so jealous of you guys that made it to Dragon*Con. I was planning on going, but that's a long story. . .

12. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Man if its raining really bad i may not be able to make it :( I really really want to go though

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I'm glad that everyone managed to make it out (plus some new faces.. yay!) and I hope everybody had a good time Friday. Now if there was just some kind of way to make everyone in the restaurant besides us mute, or perhaps some kind of noise-canceling bubble we could erect around our section, we'd be all set..

Then again if we had that stuff, we wouldn't have heard opera girl. Seriously, I should have given that kid some pizza. :_|

I'll post up the next meeting date/thread by or before Monday, and while I think most of you know that I will be working, if you guys want to set up something for a trilogy dvd release gathering, go for it. This board is here for you guys as much as it is for me so if you're planning to hang out at Wal-Mart for three hours anyway, why go it alone?

14. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    I know a bunch of us are going to be doing something Monday night if anyone wants to hang out with us they can get a hold of me via this thread or pms.

15. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Or come and gawk at us in all our costumed glory at Best Buy on Tuesday afternoon :)

16. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    For those of you that missed the dvd release check out these :D http://knoxlotr.8m.com/dvd/

17. Sci-FiGal

Mar 7, 2004
    Those are from Hastings at midnight... eventually there will be pics from Best Buy as well. The video is some of the troops teaching a Best Buy employee that Star Wars is better then Star Trek.

18. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Hey John, is that you in the show us your disks contest?

19. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, it wasn't really a contest, but yeah, that's me... :)

[image=http://home.usit.net/~zteamproductions/images/MeSully.jpg]

20. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It's cool that you've managed to get your mug up on both the official site and the official magazine, so you are our most famous member by far.

Can I get your autograph? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.