main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meet Thread : BBQ at Chris's House 9/26

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by -Raldayen-, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    If weather's good and I can't hook up with Justin, I hope to be on the first outbound Franklin train of the day (arriving at Forge Park at 12:19 PM). Chris, if you can, PM me your phone number so I can call you in case my schedule gets thrown off. Bringing a bag of chips too (you can never have enough chips @ a BBQ, I always say. hehehehehe).

Richie

2. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Rob, I took soda off your list since Jeff and Meri are both bringing some....

Okey-dokey.

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Weather forecast for Sunday is looking excellent, so unless Justin can make it early as well (or I can't hook up w/ him otherwise), expect me to arrive @ Forge Park @ 12:19. :)

Richie

4. Sara Skywalker

Sara Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Per order of Roseanna, I am bringing a dessert item. ;)

if you have anything specific in mind feel free to leave suggestions, if not I'll bring whatever I like. [face_devil] But I like good things, so don't worry too much. :)

See you all on sunday! :D

5. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I plan on making the meet... and bringing food... Just not sure work schedule and all yet...

I would buy somethign from work to bring but....

CIII tickets on sale day after meet !!!!!!

thus homemade items brought this time....

Justin Manning

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Richie, I'll make sure someone is there to pick you up at 12:19pm. :)

As for everyone else, if you have any last minute questions, please PM me! Otherwise I'll see you tomorrow. :D

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
  8. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Zee chips are bought. :cool:

I might be there a little later than 1, but I'll try not to be too late.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone take your time getting here today.

Please be safe you can start getting here at 12 but the movies don't start until we all are pretty much accounted for today.

Besides I don't have the DVD's , they are being brought to the meet.

If you need to reach me I think I PM everyone my tel. numbers with directions if not PM me and I will check back in at the top of the hours this morning to communicate back.

See ya !

P.S. I am supplying hambugers but if you want to bring some that is great we could run out.

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for coming today. It was great to have a new member make it (thanks for coming Mike! :) ) and I'm so glad we had such a great turnout.

The biggest thank you of all goes to Chris for opening his house to us yet again. :)

Here's a summary of things we discussed at the meeting:

1) T-shirts. Congratulations and thanks again to Mike (DarthWormie) for his winning design. Chris will be investigating t-shirt places very soon so we can get moving on these. We definitely need them for the con in November. Another t-shirt project mentioned was for the Vader tour, but that's not as immediate of a concern since we're still investigating the possibility of commissioning some new artwork. Please watch the boards for t-shirt news.

2) Super Megafest. Please watch the thread for this (our November meet!) very carefully over the next couple months while we plan. Thanks to a surprising number of donations thus far we're at $155. Thanks SO MUCH to everyone for being so generous! I can't believe we're over halfway there already. I will be reserving our table early this week. I'll be posting about the convention in the NE discussion forum soon, and I'm hoping we'll get more visitors and more contributors.

3) Treasury. Since our group has thankfully started to increase in size, I think it's now appropriate to have a treasury. At every meeting from now on we will collect voluntary dues. Donate as much or as little (which includes nothing) as you can/want. I will keep track of who donates what. If anyone has any ideas for fundraising (for ourselves or for charity), organizing our treasury, or about treasurer duties, please let me know. At some point I would like to appoint a new staff member to act as treasurer but I'd like some input first (including nominations or volunteering).

4) October meet. There were no objections to Salem as our October meet so that's where we're going. :) Please vote in the poll thread by September 30th so people can start planning!

5) Celebration III. Remember, tickets and hotel reservations are available starting tomorrow! And please contact either myself or Ed if you're interested in traveling as a group.

Again, thanks to all for making today so much fun! :)

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Congrats to Mike for desiging the winning T-Shirt. :)

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Thanks so much Chris! This was a really fun day :) And the Giants won as well so it was a good day all around :p

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Great meet. Thanks to Chris for hosting, Roseanna for bringing the DVDs, and Jim for bringing his X-Box with "Battlefront". Regarding the t-shirts, I will be PM'ing Chris about a good place to have them done. :)

Richie

14. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    Thanks go out to Chris for allowing some of us to hang around till 1250am LOL opps sorry man...

Just more proof " time flies when your having fun!"

Thank you to our new Boston Rebel members for comibng to the meet.

Grads to Mike... and I hope to see you all for next months meet.

P.S. Chris,

I sorta remebered at 3am that I forgot the teaser trailer at your house.... that was a for BR showing only. ONLY MASTER COPY I GOT !!!!! I will catch up with you soon about getting it back ok

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hello all,
    Just wanted to take a minute and let you all know it was great to finally meet you. Had a great time and I'm looking forward to future meets. Also wanted to send out a big "thanks" to Chris for hosting the shindig and trusting me with one of his vintage ESB glasses. ;)
    Mike.

16. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks everyone I hope it was a good time for all and welcome to Mike our newest member.

Mike lives just a town over from me. Nice to know that there is another Rebel out here on the outer rim territories.

Thanks to everyone who came and brought the delicious food and snacks.

Hope to see everyone next month.

17. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I think this has to be the best meet I've been to yet.

Oh, and Roseanna: [face_dancing]

;)

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Careful there, or you may accomplish the incredible feat of replacing Jim as the target of my lightsaber wrath at the next meet! [face_devil] :p

19. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Long over due post:

Had a great time. Once again Chris you have hosted a grand time. We sure had a good amount of people there.

20. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Careful there, or you may accomplish the incredible feat of replacing Jim as the target of my lightsaber wrath at the next meet!

Unlike Jim, however, I am capable of defending myself. :p

And I fight dirty. ;)

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Impressive, you managed to challenge me and insult Jim in the same sentence! :p

What, are you saying you'll hit a girl? Shame on you! [face_shame_on_you]

22. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Impressive, you managed to challenge me and insult Jim in the same sentence!

:cool:

Frightened yet? ;)

What, are you saying you'll hit a girl? Shame on you!

Only if she hits me first. :p

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I finally got the meet pictures up...there are a handful of them right before the Salem pictures here. :)

24. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice Pictures!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.