main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meet Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I can't go. I have homework and I also have to work all weekend. :(

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Leah. Thankfully it's a 3-day weekend for MIT so I have an extra day for all my work. That is, if my boss lets me know that I don't have to work on Sunday. I'll find that out tomorrow.

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Doesn't look like I'll make it either. Financial reasons. :(

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    My cash flow is in negative dollars at this point, so no Sept. meet for me. I'll probably be at the Salem meet. Yay for $1100 checks on Oct. 1st!

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I can go now because I called off on Sunday, but really, how many of us are going? Two? Three?

6. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I can go if it is Sunday. I would pitch in for gas if we carpool. How many people are going?

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The meet is on Sunday. With the amount of people it looks like we have going, it seems silly to take more than one car. PLJ, are you still able to come? Anyone else?

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The only issue with a carpool is that Chris lives in Milford.That's about 50 minutes away from me and then Carver is about an hour away from Milford.If we could meet at one spot then carpooling would be easier.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I work tonight Midnight to 8 a.m. in Boston now and I will be working tonight so I could meet you guys in Boston I work right near the Loews Boston Common cinema.
    Let me know if you can by 9:00 tonight I am going to bed and getting up then.
    Thanks.

10. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    So uncoordinated. You guys need an event planner person again.

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    How is this uncoordinated? This just seems like a bad month for everyone, but hopefully more people will be able to plan for the Salem meet.

If anyone else by chance is coming to KRF today, please PM me ASAP for details!

12. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Well it is because there was no real meet this month. I'm just saying...
    No offense or anything towards Your group

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    "Uncoordinated" implies incompetence. I still consider today's event a meet; Rebels got together, had fun, and discussed group stuff. It's too bad that more people couldn't make it. There was a lot of excitement about it, but unfortunately for many different reasons it didn't work out for most of the group. Oh well, not every meet is going to be perfect, no matter how hard we try to make it happen.

I don't mean that to sound anything but simply informative. I wasn't really offended by what you said, I just wanted to clarify my position.

Anyways, I had fun today. I hope those of you who couldn't make it will be able to come to Salem in October! :)

14. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I think meets should never be on football days, or playoff baseball days.

Of course, I haven't been to one, so am probably not entitled to that opinion, but there it is...

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    As long as the NFL or MLB don't schedule things for the 3rd Saturday of the month, we're fine.

16. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Well, it's not a problem with the NFL on saturday, but if the sox are in the world series on that saturday, it'll be one lonely meet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.