main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL September Meet up

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Is anyone interested in getting together this month as a group to go see a movie or go bowling maybe? Its been a while since we did anything together as a group. It would be nice to see you all again and hang out.

2. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    sure, there are 2 good martial arts movies coming out this month, perhaps we can see both.

3. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah that would be cool. As long as it's in the evening or on the weekends we should be able to make it. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Just depends when and where..I'm pretty booked up for Sept. and I am on call the 15, 16 & 17th. Fri. are usually ok. Like the 22nd or 29th. Is there a place we can meet and grab a bite to eat and chat? So Many places have gotten so noisy, you can't hear yourself think.
    What's available at International Mall? (inexpensive) That's a pretty good meeting place. Just some ideas.

Actually a Sunday early evening for eats is an option. Anyone want to meet on Sunday the 10th( my last free day before I work 12 in a row!!)Anything around Westshore Mall?

5. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Can anyone else make it this Sunday to meet up? And does anyone know a good spot around the mall area or in the mall maybe? We'll bring Dragon Con photos.

6. jedi-knight-FL

Mar 16, 2005
    there is a Lee Roy Selmon's at 4302 W. Boy Scout Blvd across from Intl mall. I wouldn't be able to make it until about 5pm or so, and that's if I don't get called since I'm on standby this weekend.

7. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I can try and make it out, but I can't do it too late I have plans that evening.Any of the locations mentioned are ok.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I didn't find anything at Westshore that was quiet so we could actually hear ourselves talk. I would prefer early myself..I don't really know the area..any place that is cheap and where we can have a little chat..If this does not work out..let's plan for the 23rd or the 24th. That gives everyone plenty of notice and folks can make plans.
    What do you guys think?

9. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    I think that would work better and give more people time to make plans this is a bit last minute.

10. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree. I think that would work out best

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OK, let's find a place to meet at, eat and chat. Suggestions? Inexpensive here near Clearwater Mall is Perkins, Tia's and those places...Smokey Bones is not at all quiet. Over in Tampa just off of 60 is Intn'l Mall but can be expensive, what is around there that is reasonable?

12. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Count me in. I'm off Sundays, but work till 7 PM everyday but Wed. Anything near Clearwater Mall would be good for me.

13. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    My vote is to make it Tampa. International Mall or Westshore is good. Both have theaters and many restaurant choices.

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    The food court at Westshore is way too noisy...so maybe a Denny's or something. But, let's plan for folks in general. What is around Intl. Mall that is reasonable and where we can hear each other talk? So you folks that live over there post some suggestions...I don't know the area well or what is there. We have Selmon's..

I may not be able to make it that weekend...got a nurse out for a while...(I will have to cover if I don't get help) so my 12 days in a row could be very rough. Will have to see how things go...I also ahve plans for the 30 & 1.

15. jedi-knight-FL

Mar 16, 2005
    there is an IHOP near Intl mall

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OK looking better...Sat. is better for me...what about you folks...what is better for you? Time wise the earlier the better...like 2 or 3 pm...especially if we might see a movie before or after eating. A movie is not a must for me...(
    not too many worth paying for)

17. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    I think lunch and a movie would be great idea, Dennys or something with enough space would work good for us. I will keep my eye open to and from my work area across the bay and back. We talked to Jamie and Ellison the other day, it would be nice to have it here in Tampa, seeing that everything in the past has been on the other side of the bay area. So I will do my best to check things as Im driving back and forth.

Heres a Denny's that would work-

http://web.sa.mapquest.com/dennys/advantage.adp?transaction=locmap&recordId=610&pwidth=400&pheight=250

This is the Denny's over by where we did the dvd release events and such.

18. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    That Denny's would be good. I'm also open to other places, as long as they have some non-meat food since Ellison and I are both vegetarians (a fact that our animals absolutely hate). We have most Saturdays open, so meeting in the early afternoon is no problem.

19. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808471710

This is playing at Westshore Mall Theater.[face_whistling]

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    This all looks great to me...Good movie, time and place to eat, plus good friends. Looks like a winner to me for Sat. 23rd.

21. jedi-knight-FL

Mar 16, 2005
    Sat 23rd looks good for me too. perhaps we could have 2 movie groups, 1 for the Jet Li movie and 1 for Hollywood Land,

22. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    sat 23rd sounds good for us. We may not make the movie, but dinner sounds good.

23. TheHorrorNerd

TheHorrorNerd Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 18, 2002
    Hey guys its been a while since ive posted here. Saturday would be cool for me to. Ive been looking to become more active in the local SW groups...

24. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Date...9/23 Time....??.....Place...Denny's?......Movie...up for grabs....

25. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay the day is Sat. 9/23. Make what you can lunch/movie. Some movies to choose from...Hollywoodland, Jet Li movie, Black Dahlia...not sure what is coming Fri. Lunch at Denny's...time pending. Not sure what time I can get over there myself. Let's see when others can come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.